iOS5 GM now available

Prob cause they havent been updated to work with 5 yet

all apps work on ios 5 off the bat. i have restored from icloud and itunes for my ipad and iphone with no issues at all (all apps were put back on)

For anyone plugging their iDevice into the usb port on their monitor and getting Error code 9's and "unrecognized USB device" during the first device restart, unplug it from the USB port in your monitor and plug it into a port on the computer. then try the restore again.

This is a GM and will not be the final next week. If you put this on plan on restoring again next week.

I'll wait for a JB to come out before installing

Boo. I'll just wait then and get the final.

I must say the GM is GREAT!!

I found the betas were quite laggy on my 3Gs but the GM runs really fast (I'd say last time it ran fast like that was when I was running 3.x)

Boo. I'll just wait then and get the final.

Don't listen to that guy. The GM is the final version. The same exact one that will be released to the public aslong as no show-stopper bugs are discovered from now until release day.

I downloaded iOS 5 and the iTunes 10.5 beta today. The upgrade on my iPhone 4 went smoothly and quicker than I thought. One nice thing is that when it syncs now you can still use the phone. I didn't even know it was syncing everything back until I saw that some programs said "Installing..." and I iTunes said it was syncing. I'd recommend it anyone, no need to wait. The GM is the final version, even if they were to make minor changes in the next few days, you'd be caught up during the first update to iOS 5.

Don't listen to that guy. The GM is the final version. The same exact one that will be released to the public aslong as no show-stopper bugs are discovered from now until release day.

Can you confirm this? and how do I download the CDMA version? it wants me to log in.

Can you confirm this? and how do I download the CDMA version? it wants me to log in.

Well consider that the GM of iOS 2, 3 and 4 were the ones released to the public as were the GM's of Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion too.

It is well known that the GM is the one they intend to release and usually its only a week or 2 before the final release so that any final huge show stopper bugs (like all your files being deleted randomly or something else equally catastrophic) can be caught before the public release.

Well consider that the GM of iOS 2, 3 and 4 were the ones released to the public as were the GM's of Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion too.

It is well known that the GM is the one they intend to release and usually its only a week or 2 before the final release so that any final huge show stopper bugs (like all your files being deleted randomly or something else equally catastrophic) can be caught before the public release.

Thanks!

Also I shouldn't have to restore anything should I? I am on the vanilla version for my Verizon Iphone. So just figure out how to download and install and thats it?

If you are on iOS 4 you will need to perform a Restore inside iTunes to install the iOS 5 GM. It cannot be installed over iOS 4 without using the restore option in iTunes.

Thanks for the info, can you tell me how to do this? Sorry I never did this before. Im downloading the CDMA version now.

Thanks for the info, can you tell me how to do this? Sorry I never did this before. Im downloading the CDMA version now.

Connect your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes and click on your iPhone in the left pane.

If you have a Macintosh hold down the CMD key and at the same time click on Restore inside iTunes. You will require the iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 or higher (such as Beta 9).

A file finder window will appear, navigate to the firmware file you acquired (from Apple directly I'm sure :p) and allow iTunes to work its magic.

Connect your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes and click on your iPhone in the left pane.

If you have a Macintosh hold down the CMD key and at the same time click on Restore inside iTunes. You will require the iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 or higher (such as Beta 9).

A file finder window will appear, navigate to the firmware file you acquired (from Apple directly I'm sure :p) and allow iTunes to work its magic.

do I need to extract the .DMG file anywhere and do I need to point itunes to that file? Will i lose my music, contacts and pictures, or ringtones on my phone?

do I need to extract the .DMG file anywhere and do I need to point itunes to that file? Will i lose my music, contacts and pictures, or ringtones on my phone?

You need to first mount the DMG for the ipsw file inside (thats the firmware image) to be accessed by iTunes. Point iTunes to the ipsw file.

Yes your phone will be wiped of all data. Make sure you right click on your phone and do a backup before you perform the restore. Depending on how much data you have to be loaded it could take over an hour for your data to sync back to your phone after the upgrade.

You need to extract the IPSW from the DMG file. It's easy though. On Windows I used a trial of "TransMac". You won't lose anything. Everything is backed up prior to the upgrade, including texts, contacts, etc.

I installed the GM on an iPhone 4, iPad 1, and iPad 2. All are working flawlessly. I'm enjoying the features that were introduced on other platforms last year. ;)

Loving the fact I can use my iPhone 4 while it's syncing...that's really nice...playing with new things, digging it so far. Bout time I got something other than 4.2.X to play with on my Verizon iPhone, been wanting at least the Safari performance upgrades that were put in 4.3

Could I get someone to throw a SHA1 of ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2__9a334.dmg into the thread? or an MD5 :)

Edit:

Am I close?

File: ios_5_gm_seed__ipad_2__9a334.dmg

MD5: 9339b68d6f5e4212a226a01913eae0ad

SHA1: 26ed2603bf41eef879a4d3394b345ed7a9a359e0