[update] New Xbox Dashboard preview now avaiable

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is old news by a few days (not sure), but the app marketplace is now being populated :D I was just going through the Dashboard and noticed it. Trying them all out now...

I think this is old news by a few days (not sure), but the app marketplace is now being populated :D I was just going through the Dashboard and noticed it. Trying them all out now...

Yep. I still can't find any other apps in the UK though :/

Well, the only other apps that have been released are from U.S. companies (as in companies that only offer services in the U.S.) right now, save DailyMotion.

Only apps I can use now are Netlfix and Hulu Plus. Zune and Last.fm keep showing as corrupted downloads and I have deleted them and cleared the system cache and they still don't download correctly. Everything worked on Thursday....

Download the Sky app and you can watch Sky News for free. If your using the new dash watch what it does under one of the new sections. The apps have all been updated so you may need to download it again.

Only apps I can use now are Netlfix and Hulu Plus. Zune and Last.fm keep showing as corrupted downloads and I have deleted them and cleared the system cache and they still don't download correctly. Everything worked on Thursday....

Ditto. Zune music worked yesterday. Now it just keeps downloading, saying it's downloaded then not doing anything.

EDIT: Deleted all zune stuff, the app, updates, saved "games" and everything. Working fine now. Weird.

I had the same problem. Took about 10 re-downloads and deletes to get it to work.

These apps are all complete messes. It's insane how poorly they perform and how many bugs are in them, and yet this is supposed to launch in less than two days. The Epix app keeps giving me errors, and it's the same for a ton of other people. The Zune app is having issues that were mentioned previously in this thread. The DailyMotion app is slow as a snail.

They should have pushed these apps out to the preview program long ago for feedback. This is going to be a messy update.

No mention of Skype?

No Skype app has been announced. Given that Microsoft only recently acquired them, I'd say it's going to take a bit of time, especially since they'll likely put resources in putting Skype on Windows Phone first.

Still have the pre-release build here and its 8am est...

Most likely the last update they sent to preview testers is the one everyone gets. That's how it's been during the last few updates.