Played through as sentinel and soldier, definitely going through the game as soldier.....having a mix of biotic abilities (or w/e they are called) and combat abilities just doesn't make up for the stopping power that soldier has. I was constantly unloading 5-6 shots into an enemy to kill them as sentinel, as soldier though it took 2-3 shots on average, and the "boss" (if you can call it that) at the end of the demo was really easy as soldier (unloaded 3 clips on the slower more accurate gun and it was dead), as sentinel I unloaded basically the entire shotgun and used my high damage ability (or so I thought) twice, before it died.

• Like 1

I thought shepard's model looked a lot better. No more creepy serial killer eyes/smile.

I thought ME3 looked pretty good. Better animations and textures all around.

Only thing that bothered me is the retarded sprint animation. Seriously what the hell?

I love Prancing Anderson! that constipated run is hilarious :laugh:

I'd be surprised if BioWare added DX10 support to the Mass Effect 3 engine.

They added DX11 support to Dragon Age 2 which was released a year ago so they might. Now after playing the demo I really, really want DAT MASS.

They added DX11 support to Dragon Age 2 which was released a year ago so they might. Now after playing the demo I really, really want DAT MASS.

post-186719-0-75236900-1329310470.png

Yeah, I'd wager its most likely FXAA or MLAA. It looks pretty good. FXAA is becoming very common in new games. If it was MSAA it would probably have more options (2x/4x ect...)

I was impressed that ME3 had noticeable graphics improvements, and it seems to have the same performance as me2 did.

That makes sense. After all, true MSAA isn't possible with Unreal Engine 3 (unless it's in DX10/DX11 mode). It would've been nice to have support for it though. Rocksteady Studios managed to add support for MSAA in Batman: Arkham City. Anyway, I just found "bAllowPostprocessAA" in the demo's configuration file. That obviously confirms the use of post-process AA. As for the graphics, I thought they were noticeably better than Mass Effect 2's graphics. And I still think they are but it looks like BioWare dropped the ball with some parts. I hope it's due to the size of the demo but some of the textures look bad. Also, some of the characters look a bit weird (like Captain Anderson, for example). Aside from that, the animations are top-notch and the transition from gameplay to cutscenes was seamless. The work they put into the level design also showed.

Played through the demo earlier today. Gameplay felt more like ME1 than ME2. Oh, and it looks like Bioware screwed up the cover system again. It was great in ME2.

It reminded me of both games because it improved upon their shortcomings. I really like the new cover system. I think it's much better than the one in Mass Effect 2. It really felt like I had a great degree of control over my character's movement behind cover. It was also nice to see Shepard dodge enemy fire when moving between cover. And the blind-fire mechanic was a much needed addition. I'm glad they finally added that.

I doubt we'll see DX11 support in Mass Effect 3. It's pretty much confirmed that it's using a post-process AA solution so there's no need to change the engine.

It reminded me of both games because it improved upon their shortcomings. I really like the new cover system. I think it's much better than the one in Mass Effect 2. It really felt like I had a great degree of control over my character's movement behind cover. It was also nice to see Shepard dodge enemy fire when moving between cover. And the blind-fire mechanic was a much needed addition. I'm glad they finally added that.

How do you blind fire? If I try to fire without holding Mouse 2, he simply stands up, fires a shot, and ducks back down, blind fire would be so much nicer when tons of enemies are shooting at you.

As for the cover system, I really like the movement while behind cover (makes it really easy to get where you need), but I find it annoying to move away from cover, probably mostly because I'm not used to it yet (having to push away from the wall is annoying when you are trying to move forward, feels counter intuitive to move away from your direction of movement to get off the wall only to turn around and move forward again, but this only happens when there is other cover in front of where you going to that Shepard tries to move to when going around the corner from in cover).

I wonder if you will be able to give your BF3 as a gift to someone else ( as in they send you the key ). I already have BF3 so this is kind of useless to me lol.

I wonder if you will be able to give your BF3 as a gift to someone else ( as in they send you the key ). I already have BF3 so this is kind of useless to me lol.

at the bottom of the page they say it will be e-mailed to you but only if you dont already own the game.

OFFER EXPIRES MARCH 5, 2012. VALID ONLY ON NEW PURCHASES OF MASS EFFECT 3 ("PRODUCT") FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND ONLY FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A DIGITAL VERSION OF BATTLEFIELD 3 ("BF3"). CUSTOMERS WILL BE EMAILED THE CODE FOR BF3 BY MARCH 8, 2012. VALID ONLY IN US and CANADA. CANNOT

How do you blind fire? If I try to fire without holding Mouse 2, he simply stands up, fires a shot, and ducks back down, blind fire would be so much nicer when tons of enemies are shooting at you.

As for the cover system, I really like the movement while behind cover (makes it really easy to get where you need), but I find it annoying to move away from cover, probably mostly because I'm not used to it yet (having to push away from the wall is annoying when you are trying to move forward, feels counter intuitive to move away from your direction of movement to get off the wall only to turn around and move forward again, but this only happens when there is other cover in front of where you going to that Shepard tries to move to when going around the corner from in cover).

They had everything but blind-firing in the demo. For some reason, I thought I did it in the co-op multiplayer mode. The new cover system isn't perfect. I too found it annoying to move away from cover. It has gotten me killed a bunch of times online.

As a PS3 owner, all this exclusive DLC being available for PC/360 has me wondering what the hell ME3 is going to be on PS3. Yeah, yeah, I get it, we missed out on the ME1 experience (although I played through it on 360), but at this point it is an even playing field.

Now, if its just MP stuff I don't care, I won't be touching MP anyway - but I canceled my pre-order until there's more definitive information.

You are not alone, I just cannot get into the games, and I really did try. Just not my cup of tea. It really comes down to just to much talking and **** to remember. It is the same reason I also do not play Skyrim.

If these games came out 10-15 years ago when I had time to play such games, I am sure I would have enjoyed them. But I find it near impossible to get into these types of games when at best I play 2 hours straight in a gaming session, and it is usually more like 30-60 minutes. Just near impossible to enjoy games such as ME3 and Skyrim when only played in small chunks.

Honestly though if these games did appeal to me, I am sure I would find a way to make them work. It is really just the whole talking aspect of them that I am not into at all.

If it makes any difference, download the demo....and choose "Action" as the way to play through the game. You don't do any dialogue choices. It just tells the story with no dialogue trees.

As a PS3 owner, all this exclusive DLC being available for PC/360 has me wondering what the hell ME3 is going to be on PS3. Yeah, yeah, I get it, we missed out on the ME1 experience (although I played through it on 360), but at this point it is an even playing field.

Now, if its just MP stuff I don't care, I won't be touching MP anyway - but I canceled my pre-order until there's more definitive information.

as far as i know the dlc they have for those art book and toys and what ever else they are making is just for multiplayer its just extra wepons and stuff. , the collectors edition stuff probley wont see the light of day for the standard version of the game except for the extra character / mission which i heard will be day 1 dlc.

Cover system borked, animations look like from a game before ME1, not impressed by the demo one little bit. Looks like one too many for this series, shame as I adored the first two. :(

...is the multi player locked for a specific platform? because I've played MP on 360 yesterday and today.

its locked for all of them unless you have battlefield 3 until friday.

Does the temporary upgrade from silver to gold xbox live that coincides with downloading the ME3 demo allow you to play other games online as well (e.g. Halo Reach)? I read that the upgrade gives you access to gold-only features like Netflix and Hulu Plus so was wondering if multiplayer was included as well.

Thanks.

Does the temporary upgrade from silver to gold xbox live that coincides with downloading the ME3 demo allow you to play other games online as well (e.g. Halo Reach)? I read that the upgrade gives you access to gold-only features like Netflix and Hulu Plus so was wondering if multiplayer was included as well.

Thanks.

as far as i know it only works inside mass effect 3 demo as soon as you leave the demo you go back to sliver status.

I've been watching some multiplayer videos on youtube because I don't have access to the mp yet. And I've seen people do melee combos. Sometimes the combos are just 2 or 3 normal punches, and other times it's a few normal punches and a heavy melee attack. Is this something you can only do in mp? I went on the singleplayer and tried it but I can't seem to do it. Anyone know how?