And how many credits do you get for completing an objective?

I don't know the exact numbers but I know one objective isn't enough to purchase the cheapest pack.

EDIT: This video shows +1650 credits for completing one of the objectives.

Origin ends offer of Battlefield 3 bonus with Mass Effect 3 early

by Ben Gilbert writer_rss.gif on Feb 17th 2012 10:00AM

me3origin530px.jpg

During a brief period of fiscal insanity, EA decided to offer a free copy of Battlefield 3 to Origin pre-orderers of Mass Effect 3. That period has now ended, unfortunately, according to a tweet from EA's Origin account. Moreover, pre-orders won't receive a code to downloadBF3 immediately, but rather "by March 8th." So, just in time to play Battlefield instead ofMass Effect 3, then? That seems ... unfortunate.

Bizarrely, EA originally claimed the deal would extend until March 5, though it seems that the publisher decided to cut it early. Regardless, Origin's tweet went up about 18 hours ago (around 2PM ET yesterday), so it stands to reason that the window of time for a free copy of BF3 was somewhere between Valentine's Day and yesterday afternoon. EA says that "all pre-orders made during the deal" will snag a free code, so, uh, hopefully that's you!

----

good thing i jumped on it quick

The problem with the opening scene is that Shepard has been discharged and forced into retirement in the interm between ME 2 and 3. Nothing he did in either ME 1 or 2 deserved that kind of "punishment". So for people who didn't play the DLCs this development makes no sense. The only thing that would cause such an outcome would be the events from Arrival. It's the only way the beginning of ME 3 would make sense.

If what was in the demo is the 100% complete beginning of the game, it was woefully lacking in exposition and framing. I even played through Arrival (and really enjoyed it, even though I'm against DLC in principle) and I still felt that it was lacking a lot of information. I would loved to have seen the trial where Shepard had to defend his actions. Regardless of knowing the outcome, it still would have been great to see something. The way it is now just feels incomplete in my opinion.

Actually, Shepard was cashiered for political reasons - and some in the military, despite the reasoning being valid, are far from happy about it. The intro into the SP made that rather plain.

If you play as Shepard (story mode), follow the entire plot before the Reapers first show up. It lets you know (nutshell dump) the politics behind what happened to Shepard, AND the aftermath within the military.

Professional militayr officers *despise* officers that brown-nose for precisely that reason.

Actually, Shepard was cashiered for political reasons - and some in the military, despite the reasoning being valid, are far from happy about it. The intro into the SP made that rather plain.

If you play as Shepard (story mode), follow the entire plot before the Reapers first show up. It lets you know (nutshell dump) the politics behind what happened to Shepard, AND the aftermath within the military.

Professional militayr officers *despise* officers that brown-nose for precisely that reason.

Shepard was sent into early retirement for what happened in the Arrival DLC. The reason why he wasn't court-martialed, as I understand it, was because of his previous service record.

What I was referring to is that ME3 starts off kind of vaguely; even for those (like me) who have played all the content. I basically have to assume what happened based on what I know of the previous game and the DLC. That seems a bit sloppy on Bioware's part, in my opinion.

It would have been nice to see ME3 go a little more in-depth with what happened. Maybe start the game off a little earlier (relative to the Reaper invasion) and have a prologue section that included the trial where he was inevitably discharged. It just would have been nice to have some solid connection between the end of ME2 and the beginning of ME3.

But, who knows. Maybe there will be flashbacks or exposition later in the game; and we will get to see what happened.

It's the total of your character's levels.

Ah, ok. That's kind of a weird number to display so prominently, but whatever. Thanks for clearing that up.

Not letting me edit, that trailer was pretty good. Not as good as the Fight for the Lost launch trailer but pretty good. Though this nonsense of preview trailer, trailer and then extended cut is annoying. Have to wait another 2 days for the full one.

I watched the trailer without sound, looks so epic. Just hope it doesn't feel too Gears of War assuming you fight on earth eventually.

Ive been trying to have a media blackout on this game, so close to release I dont want to ruin any part of the experience, my savegame is ready to be imported.

I watched the trailer without sound, looks so epic. Just hope it doesn't feel too Gears of War assuming you fight on earth eventually.

Ive been trying to have a media blackout on this game, so close to release I dont want to ruin any part of the experience, my savegame is ready to be imported.

Based on the demo I'd say it's a happy mix between the customization of ME1 and the action from ME2

Got to play the demo only for as long as the first cut scene lasted. Hopefully I will be able to sit down with the rest of it soon.

That trailer was amazing. I was a bit surprised to see Ashley Williams instead of Kaiden Alenko. In Mass Effect 1, I let Ashley die on Virmire.

How could you kill Ashley, Kaidan was clearly the icky "Oh no, life is so hard QQ". At least Ashley recited poems! :p

I wanted some diversity in my squad. I played as a soldier so I didn't want another soldier in my squad. Plus, Kaiden had some cool biotic abilities.

I also killed Kaidan :p However, I only did that so that Ashley could still be a potential

Sex partner

That was a good one.

I hope the main story-line is long, though. Which sadly isn't gonna be the case :(

Why do you assume it is going to be short?

For the trailer I was surprised that they used Ashley considering she could be dead depending on your choice.

Why do you assume it is going to be short?

For the trailer I was surprised that they used Ashley considering she could be dead depending on your choice.

Shepard could be a chick depending on your choice.

They cloned her and made her Ashley Nr.2, this time a bit sluttier looking :p

• Like 1