So the new trailer says that Kaiden should be dead also :laugh:

Haha, yeah. Except for the ONE play-through of ME1 when I was trying to get his achievement, Kaiden dies every time. :rofl:

How could you guys kill Ashley :(

She was one of the coolest partners

Meh, either way the survivor treats you like crap in ME2, so what does it matter :p.

As far as I'm concerned the only indispensible member of my Mass Effect crew is Garrus. He's my wingman and has comes on almost every mission, it's a real bromance.

An interesting look from TotalBiscuit at the "on launch" Mass Effect 3 DLC;

I agree with him though - ripping out a massive part of lore and charging for it.. is just unacceptable.

An interesting look from TotalBiscuit at the "on launch" Mass Effect 3 DLC;

I agree with him though - ripping out a massive part of lore and charging for it.. is just unacceptable.

I was going to post that too. I can't say I didn't see this coming. I also agree with him, I don't think I'll be buying it as well.

Sadly it's only going to get worse before it gets better, I think.

I, too, agree with TotalBiscuit and others on the DLC shenanigans. I won't NOT buy the game but I do think this is BS and I've said as much going back to the stupid figurines with DLC that they contain.

What bugs me even more is if I buy the game on PSN (where there is no chance of EA losing a re-sell), I still don't get the DLC included.

Oh for crying out loud. I'm all for DLC in games, and I particularly don't care about the cerberus DLC we got with ME2 (both points TotalBiscuit made in the video) as I think its a clever solution to the problem of second-hand sales, but this is out of order, and it's the second time Bioware have done it in... what... 12 months if you include Arrival.

I'm half-contemplating boycotting the game now. It's the second time in as many years that I've boycotted a game now, the Games industry is going down rip-off alley now :(.

I think it's important to remember that despite everyone hating EA, Bioware is hardly faultless here - Muzuka is after a Senior VP at EA now, his word in a case like this would most likely go pretty damn far.

Could as well be their idea in the first place, no one really knows. It is, however, an incredibly ruthless and inexcusable move.

I don't know why you guys are bitching. There is a huge difference between From Ashes and Arrival. True, basing the beginning of ME3 off of a paid-for only DLC from ME2 is unethical and bad business. But From Ashes gives you an optional squadmate and an optional mission. You can still finish the game with a complete ending without getting From Ashes.

The only thing that sucks is that the squadmate you get from this DLC is a Prothean, which is a HUGE plot point for the game if you're a fan of the series/lore. I wouldn't be surprised if the dialog tree that comes with this squadmate is completely awesome and totally worth the price...but, it's still optional. I highly doubt that the story would change depending on whether you have this squadmate or not.

Now, all that aside: I think it is terrible of Bioware (probably more EA at this point) to not give this DLC out for free to those who buy new. It should be just like the DLCs that came with ME2 on launch; incentives to give money to the publisher and developer rather than buying used and giving it to the retailer.

I don't know why you guys are bitching. There is a huge difference between From Ashes and Arrival. True, basing the beginning of ME3 off of a paid-for only DLC from ME2 is unethical and bad business. But From Ashes gives you an optional squadmate and an optional mission. You can still finish the game with a complete ending without getting From Ashes.

The only thing that sucks is that the squadmate you get from this DLC is a Prothean, which is a HUGE plot point for the game if you're a fan of the series/lore. I wouldn't be surprised if the dialog tree that comes with this squadmate is completely awesome and totally worth the price...but, it's still optional. I highly doubt that the story would change depending on whether you have this squadmate or not.

Now, all that aside: I think it is terrible of Bioware (probably more EA at this point) to not give this DLC out for free to those who buy new. It should be just like the DLCs that came with ME2 on launch; incentives to give money to the publisher and developer rather than buying used and giving it to the retailer.

The issue here is that they're trying to cash in on it. They know that a lot of people would love to have a

Prothean

squad member. I'm a huge fan of the story in the Mass Effect universe and I'm sure you are too, spacer. It would have been so much better if it was free, just like Zaeed Massani's DLC. Paying $10 for just one squad member (and the associated mission) on top of $60 for the game sucks. Fortunately, it won't affect the story so this is more of a "it's not personal, it's just business" thing.

On a different note, what is Origin like? I'm planning on playing Mass Effect 3 on the PC, but I'm undecided whether to buy it and use Origin (which I don't really want to do because all my games are on Steam), or play a pirate copy and wait to see if it becomes available on Steam in the future.

To be honest I don't see what the fuss is about this day 1 DLC but maybe that is because we pay here ~AUD$88/~USD$94 for the game. Secondly, I got the N7 Collectors Edition on order so this DLC is free for me anyway. Finally to me it sounds more like self entitled gamers bitching and moaning about what they think they are entitled to and assuming BioWare deliberately cut the content out and is trying to cash in on it is totally absurd, considering it's a free Collections Edition bonus that is made available for a fee to everyone else. You don't like it? don't buy it, it's not critical to the story and nobody is putting a gun to your head saying you must buy it.

To be honest I don't see what the fuss is about this day 1 DLC

Because it was created during the actual game development and then removed in order to make more money out of it, it's not simply a pet or a cosmetic change such as say a skin or an armour, it's an actual part of the game that changes the story radically if you're interested in the lore. Everyone who pays for the game also paid for the development of this particular character, the background / story and voice over work that was needed to integrate it.

My opinion? Download a DLC unlocker / patch if you buy the actual game and unlock all the content you are paying for.

Because it was created during the actual game development and then removed in order to make more money out of it, it's not simply a pet or a cosmetic change such as say a skin or an armour, it's an actual part of the game that changes the story radically if you're interested in the lore.

My opinion? Download a DLC unlocker / patch if you buy the actual game and unlock all the content you are paying for.

Who said that? A source please. Considering the DLC weights in over 600Mb, I doubt it's just a unlock file to open something already on your disc. How do you know it radically changes the story, have you played it already? what is it like in the future?

<rant> You self entitled gamers who think is your right to pirate the DLC because you disagree with the pricing really annoys me, is guys like you that are the reason DRM exists. </rant>

Considering the DLC weights in over 600Mb, I doubt it's just a unlock file to open something already on your disc.

/facepalm.

Seriously, do you even understand what I said? They created the content during the development.

Who said that? Why, Bioware themselves;

http://social.biowar...index/9403705/1

Their only excuse for it currently is that "it was developed by a separate team" - in reality they didn't include it in the media so they could cash in on it. Seriously, even the worst Bio-drones in their forums can't come up with any reasonable excuses for it.

I find it exceedingly hilarious that people are ready to take it up the ass just because the game has Bioware logo on it. Sad, really sad.

/facepalm.

Seriously, do you even understand what I said? They created the content during the development.

Who said that? Why, Bioware themselves;

http://social.biowar...index/9403705/1

Their only excuse for it currently is that "it was developed by a separate team" - in reality they didn't include it in the media so they could cash in on it. Seriously, even the worst Bio-drones in their forums can't come up with any reasonable excuses for it.

I find it exceedingly hilarious that people are ready to take it up the ass just because the game has Bioware logo on it. Sad, really sad.

Your unbelieveable, so because BioWare made it the same time as the main game (which they technically didn't, they made it at the end and after certification which means it couldn't be added without having to re-enter the game for certification, which in turn means it would most likely of missed its launch window deadline and been delayed) that entitles you to getting it for free? that is stupid. It's a bloody Collectors Edition bonus for crying out loud and non-Collectors Edition owners can get it for less then what it would cost to get the Collectors Edition, how is that cashing in? I personally don't see how I'm "taking it up the arse" considering I get it for free (well not really, I'd paid extra for the Collectors Edition but get extra stuff too).

EDIT: Plus BioWare clearly stated it's optional and you don't need to have it. To be honest I think people are just blowing this way out of proportion...

Any of you fellows know if the Collectors Edition is supposed to be a limited run, or do you think there will be a ton of these after the fact? I'm debating on pre-ordering it but if it's not a limited run, I may just wait. Thanks!

On a different note, what is Origin like? I'm planning on playing Mass Effect 3 on the PC, but I'm undecided whether to buy it and use Origin (which I don't really want to do because all my games are on Steam), or play a pirate copy and wait to see if it becomes available on Steam in the future.

Well, I have Battlefield 3 and Kingdom of Amalur, NFS: The Run and I have to say, it works pretty, pretty good.

Sometimes, you have some issues, but they are few and far between.

I am definitely getting this on Origin