Reluna

Regarding the 'highlight' colour for the currently sorted column in explorer using a window colour of 247 247 241 will improve it (it will be slightly darker as 'normal' rather than bright white). Head into advanced from the appearance tab to change it.

Taskbar button shadows - yeah they do have them don't they! :blush: In light of that I'll change my suggestion - it might look good if the non-active windows (i.e those that don't have a 'button') had a darker shadow to raise them rather than just a faint glow.

One other thing - the pressed state for buttons. I don't know if this was intentional but they are raised as opposed to sunken (I can see that they are just a rotation of the over state). Personally this looks like a bug rather than a feature (correct me if I'm wrong).

ThemeNorth

One other thing - the pressed state for buttons. I don't know if this was intentional but they are raised as opposed to sunken (I can see that they are just a rotation of the over state). Personally this looks like a bug rather than a feature (correct me if I'm wrong).

lol, well i wouldnt really consider it a bug or a feature.... and nice tip about window color, it didnt even cross my mind to make it lighter to revert the highlight color back to a darker color.

Ill consider the darker shadow ;) i tested it out when you suggested it the first time (knowing that was what you meant, since you couldnt tell if there was a shadow there in the first place) and wasn't super hyped, i like it suble. But ill tinker with it.

Nice updates Bant. :happy:

vip: He changed the right content margin of the GroupToolbarButton from -3 to -14 which shifts the little arrows over to the right so that they're not visible. Not really a problem just a minor cosmetic thing. :)

What winamp skin can you use to this VS? I hate it when my winamp "stands" out on screen.

what i dont understand is why do you need your winamp visible .. why not just put it in the systray and right click on and choose random?? with it visible it just takes more screen space plus, i dont use winamp, so i dunno

what i dont understand is why do you need your winamp visible .. why not just put it in the systray and right click on and choose random?? with it visible it just takes more screen space plus, i dont use winamp, so i dunno

I think it looks better if all of the components look the same. :yes:

Judging by the screenshot I thought this was going to be a great visual style. After using it for awhile I found myself beginning to dislike the little skinny titlebars. I hate those kinds of mods. Also, why compress it as a rar? What's wrong with the way XP handles zip compression? Anyway, there is some constructive criticism for you. Take it for whatever it's worth.

Judging by the screenshot I thought this was going to be a great visual style. After using it for awhile I found myself beginning to dislike the little skinny titlebars. I hate those kinds of mods. Also, why compress it as a rar? What's wrong with the way XP handles zip compression? Anyway, there is some constructive criticism for you. Take it for whatever it's worth.

Wtf, who gives a **** what compression he uses. And the titlebars are the best part. Thanks for your opinion tho.

sorry if i have taken this completely the wrong way.. but i have been waiting to blow up on somebody! its your lucky day!

For the most part thats just whining. WTF? you dont like the way i compressed the file? ACK its the end of the world.

this is no mod. by referring to this theme as a mod, you are suggesting that i merely edited a couple of the images of the original luna to come up with what you see. every pixel in this theme was put together by the mouse on my desk, over 90% of the variables in teh msstyles file were changed to suit the theme. You want to give me constructive criticism? learn what it means. All i see when i read your post is a person who doesnt know what they like, looking for something to complain about. You downloaded the theme based on what you saw in the screenshot. You used it, and decided it wasnt for you. good job. go use something else.

I have no problem with your dislike for my theme... more power to you, hell, im getting sick of the thing. but don't blame me, or the theme for your not liking it.

sorry if i have taken this completely the wrong way.. but i have been waiting to blow up on somebody! its your lucky day!

For the most part thats just whining. WTF? you dont like the way i compressed the file? ACK its the end of the world.

this is no mod. by referring to this theme as a mod, you are suggesting that i merely edited a couple of the images of the original luna to come up with what you see. every pixel in this theme was put together by the mouse on my desk, over 90% of the variables in teh msstyles file were changed to suit the theme. You want to give me constructive criticism? learn what it means. All i see when i read your post is a person who doesnt know what they like, looking for something to complain about. You downloaded the theme based on what you saw in the screenshot. You used it, and decided it wasnt for you. good job. go use something else.

I have no problem with your dislike for my theme... more power to you, hell, im getting sick of the thing. but don't blame me, or the theme for your not liking it.

Bant the scrollbars are the best part , I love how smooth they are and the subtle shadows give theme a very nice look. :yes:

Oh no... the link on deviant art seems to be down... can someone who has it upload it to neowin so i can download? Thanks.

i think this is the last updated one...

WTF who CARES if its a rar zip or tar file !!

and if u dont like the theme o well move on :angry:

There another bug in your theme. Every time I move the cursor over all programs and then move it away with out clicking anything, and then move it back on to all programs, the menu just gets wider and wider. Anyone else notice this?

Overall, top notch! My new favourite theme as well :)

Edited by NeoSigma

On subject of .rar vs zip...

thing with .rar compression, is that its not free...i believe latest version allows 30 days before you need to buy...now we all know we can find a crack out there,but thats illegal and hurts program maker...therefore as .zip compression is built into xp by default,it might be better to use it, to avoid people having to go download winrar and crack (if not willing to pay for full version)...

As for the theme,its really coming along nicely...heck ya cant please everyone,so best to just make theme the way you like...and judgeing by all the responces and willingness to point out minor bugs and such,ill say the theme is getting great feedback...

thing with .rar compression, is that its not free...i believe latest version allows 30 days before you need to buy...now we all know we can find a crack out there,but thats illegal and hurts program maker...therefore as .zip compression is built into xp by default,it might be better to use it, to avoid people having to go download winrar and crack (if not willing to pay for full version)...

Not that I'm agreeing with the jack@ss that b!tched about the compression but that's a very good point spyglass...

Great work bant!! (Y) (Y)