Google Chrome 17.0.xxx.yy

Brandon H

none of those problems here, though I'm using the mac version so I'm not sure if those bugs are Windows specific or not

Anibal P

none of those problems here, though I'm using the mac version so I'm not sure if those bugs are Windows specific or not

No issues here, Windows 7, I haven't futzed with any flags lately, could be related

+Frank B.

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.963.12 for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This release contains stability and feature improvements. Full details about what changes are in this release are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching to a different release channel? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

Ci7

oh man my chrome installation craped out :(

google updater is missing , tried to reinstall to no avail . Not this bloody issue again :s

x-byte

I wonder when Chrome gets to the installed correctly in Windows. Now it just puts itself in app data and links to it more or less. Other software doesn't know its there. Many times I want to open a link through Opera with Chrome (feature in Opera). But as long as Chrome does this, Opera doesn't recognize it as an web application. Now it have to be added manually by going into the registry.

LightShadow

Has there been any major changes since Version 14 apart from User profiles? I miss the old days when we got major features. I mean, they mentioned a new download UI verisons ago, still hasn't appeared even in Chromium.

Ci7

Has there been any major changes since Version 14 apart from User profiles? I miss the old days when we got major features. I mean, they mentioned a new download UI verisons ago, still hasn't appeared even in Chromium.

check about:flags

it is there

LightShadow

check about:flags

it is there

Yeah, the flag to enable it is there. But all it has done for the last 2/3 versions is hide the downloads shelf, the new UI still is not there.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
+Frank B.

Dev Channel Update

The Dev channel has been updated to 17.0.963.26 for all platforms except ChromeOS. This release contains the following updates:

All

• Updated V8 - 3.7.12.12
  • Make webstore installs work when the Downloads folder is missing. (Issue: 108812)

Mac

• Fixed crashes when running on top of Apple's software OpenGL renderer. (Issue: 106891)
  • Fix the fullscreen exit bubble's shadow on lion. (Issue: 106798)

Full details about what changes are in this release are available in the SVN revision log. Interested in switching to a different release channel? Find out how. If you find a new issue, please let us know by filing a bug.

Jason Kersey

Google Chrome

Source: Google Chrome Releases blog

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Windows 10 build 21292.1010 breaks x64 emulation on ARM PCs
      by Rich Woods

As of mid-December, Windows Insiders with ARM64 PCs were able to run x64 apps in emulation, opening up the PCs to the rest of the Windows ecosystem. Yesterday, however, the team released a cumulative update for the latest Dev channel build, and as it turns out, the update breaks the feature, so you might want to skip it.

The update in question is KB4601937, and the blog post has been updated to day, "After installing Build 21292.1010 (KB4601937), x64 emulation on ARM PCs will not work. There is an issue with the way the update is installed that breaks this functionality. As a workaround, you can uninstall KB4601937 to get x64 emulation working again on your ARM PC."

This cumulative update was introduced as something that includes nothing that's new. According to Microsoft, it only exists to test out the servicing pipeline, meaning that the company just wants to make sure, as it does periodically, that it hasn't broken the ability to ship cumulative updates. But being an update with no features, it would be reasonable to expect that it's low-risk, and that it wouldn't break.

The update should be easy enough to roll back, if you're experiencing issues. From Windows Update, go to 'View update history', and select 'Uninstall updates'.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft releases Windows 10 Insider Preview build 21292.1010
      by Rich Woods

Earlier this week, Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 21292 to the Dev channel. It contained mostly fixes for the news and interests feature that appeared the week before, which basically puts a news feed in the taskbar.

Now, we're getting a cumulative update for the build, bringing the build number to 21292.1010. According to Microsoft, there's nothing new in the update. The company does this periodically, but it's just meant to test out the servicing pipeline. Microsoft has to make sure that it can service builds with cumulative updates from time to time, as that's a very major component to servicing a feature update.

The update is KB4601937, and it should show up automatically. Obviously, you can get it now by checking for updates in Windows Update, although there's really nothing here to test out.

Build 21292 is from the rs_prerelease branch, meaning that it includes features that might show up in some future version of Windows, and might not. It's not tied to any specific feature release though.

• By indospot
      Here's what's fixed, improved, and still broken in Windows 10 build 21292
      by João Carrasqueira

Last week, Windows 10 Insider builds made a return following the holiday season, and we actually got quite a bit of new stuff. Now, we're getting back into the usual swing of things with a new weekly build for the Dev channel, this time bringing build number 21292.

Since this build is from the rs_prerelease branch, we're actually starting to see some notable changes in new builds. But of course, there's still the usual array of fixes, improvements, and known issues to be aware of before taking the plunge. First, there's a small improvement in the Settings app:

Then, we have a number of fixes and smaller improvements. These include better performance and stability for some x64 apps on ARM devices like the Surface Pro X. Here's the full list:

The list of known issues is still pretty extensive, however, with some problems affecting the news and interests section:

Microsoft is said to be working on a major UI overhaul for Windows 10 for the second half of 2021, and we should see more and more of those bits show up over the next couple of months.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 21292 with news and interests fixes
      by Rich Woods

It's Wednesday, and that means that it's time for a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build. This time it's build 21292, and there isn't much that's new. The improvements focus on the news and interests feature that showed up in last week's build 21286. Other than that, there's really nothing that's new this week.

The feature adds a news feed to your taskbar, and mostly, it's getting fixes this week. Microsoft also talked a bit about how weather works. Here's the full changelog:

As always, you can download the build through Windows Update. If you're not on the Dev channel yet, you can go to the Windows Insider Program tab to get started.

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft releases Edge Dev 89.0.760.0 with Password Monitor for Mac users
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Microsoft has released the second Edge Dev build for this year, bringing version 89.0.760.0 to users in the Dev channel. Today’s build adds a few new features, chief of which is the Password Monitor feature for macOS users. While the feature has been available to Insiders on Windows for a while now, it is being enabled for Mac users with this build. As a reminder, the firm added support for Apple Silicon Macs with last week’s build.

In addition to the password monitor, there are a few other minor additions relating to management and update policies. Here is the complete list of features added with today’s release:

As usual, the update also brings with it a bunch of reliability improvements. Here is the complete list of fixes:

And here are all the fixes for changed behavior:

Lastly, there are a bunch of known issues with the update, some of which are being tracked for a past few releases. Here are all the known issues:

The browser should automatically be updated in the background for Dev users. However, you can also force-check for an update via Settings > About Microsoft Edge and pull the update manually.