Half-life2 source leaked?

Yeah, it's real, because there is source code for handling objects and NPCs not in HL1 or any other released Valve project...

Oh, and TF2 is in there :D

I *** the source code....

I would edit that post if i were you, you can have a seious lawsuit up your @ss if you admit that.

/***

* Copyright ? 1999, Valve LLC. All rights reserved.

* This product contains software technology licensed from Id

* Software, Inc. ("Id Technology"). Id Technology ? 1996 Id Software, Inc.

* All Rights Reserved.

* This source code contains proprietary and confidential information of

* Valve LLC and its suppliers. Access to this code is restricted to

* persons who have executed a written SDK license with Valve. Any access,

* use or distribution of this code by or to any unlicensed person is illegal.

****/

Quoted from HL2.net

And i belive that its not a fake, though its not final eithe:):)

Looks like Valve has been targetted by some hacker group. I must congradulate whoever they are for being the ultimate jackasses. This is far beyond a simple leak of the game. This will most likely lead to an upsurge of cheat programs for online play as well as further delays. I hope these ****heads get caught and get what's coming to them.

Gabe just confirmed that someone hacked into valve.

http://www.ntfs.org/comments.php?catid=3&id=8144

:wacko: Nice.

Good going gabe, your machine leaked your own source code.

Developers. Great at writting software, terrible at protecting it.

Next time update your damn Outlook and take notice of Microsoft Security Bulletins. :rolleyes:

Edited by xStainDx

Of course its C++. Its a 32 Meg file, with about 8000 files in it. Some Files take about Vehiles, and Axes....And weapons...

There are no graphics, and you cannot play the game with this source code. The above screenshot is a fake, and was probley taken in BETA.

p.s. I download the source code....Sue me because valves IT Department sucks ass. I mean come on, after gabe founda trojin back in 9/11.. I would have changed all passwords, checked every single machine, and taken other measures to ensure attackers cant get in anymore.. I mean what the hell, did Game have a live IP to the internet?

OMG I just read the official press release thing..

They got owned by outlook preview pane exploits, FFS these guys are developers. They should know better than that.

How embarasing...!!!

There are some sad lusers out there if they make an effort to DoS a game developer, dont they realise life has a little more to offer..

I mean what the hell, did Game have a live IP to the internet? 

Dude, do you really think an IP is that hard to get hold of? Your living in a dream world.

If he's nat'd however, anyone with a clue wouldn't give a sh1t.

personally I'm quite disappointed witht he fact that they didn't secure themselves properly against this sort of threat. An outlook preview pane exploit? FFS. c'mon, gimme a break. Thats the first thing you get rid of when running outlook... or at least you secure it.

:argh:

Dude, do you really think an IP is that hard to get hold of? Your living in a dream world.

If he's nat'd however, anyone with a clue wouldn't give a sh1t.

Read my statement next time instead of just 3 words.

I'm stating that gabe is stupid if he has a live IP to the internet. This is valve, they dont use NAT or have a firewall? Outlook exploit??? I mean come on patch your systems people....

Lets not turn this thread into a flame thread :(

It is however a sad day for Valve and gamers as well. Anyone know if the net code was released or not. Because if it is then MP for Half Life 2 is going to really bite.

We will wait and see how this plays out, but I bet Valve has learned it's lesson when it comes to internet protection. Also it could have been an employee inside the company that planted all the stuff. Disgruntled employees are very common now adays and it wouldn't suprise me if an employee had something to do with this but these are things that aren't being told to us of course ;)