235 members have voted

1. 1. How do you carry your cellphone?

• I wear it on my hip
    • I wear it around my neck
    • I put it in my pocket
    • I put it in my Purse / Man Purse
    • My cellphone never leaves the house
    • I just keep it in the car

My personal opinion on this is if you wear it outside in a little pouch you are showing it off..plain and simple. No need to do that now since everyone has one, it isn't like it was in the 90's guys when having a cell phone was "COOL". I keep mine in my pocket of either pants or jacket or just won't carry it will keep in it in my vehicle till i need it sa these things are getting a bit large now..back to 90's phone sizes.

However keep this in mind I'm fully against theaters allowing them inside the building at all and I think all of them should out right ban cell phone usage period! NO more warnings on the screen..get caught even opening it up and you are ejected..the lights on them things are super strong now and should be banned.

Cineplex in Canada just recently launched a new pre-movie game, that requires a Smartphone (Blackberry or Droidb)or iPhone/iPod ... http://m.cineplex.com/m/Promos/TimePlay.aspx

To today I had to go for a quick trip across town and my phone holster wasn't on the pants I was wearing, so I said screw it and just put the phone in my pocket. On the way home my phone started going off in my pocket, I was having a hell of a time digging the ****er out of my pocket, probably swerving all over the road in the process.

Had I been wearing my holster I would have just reached to my side and grabbed my phone. How the hell the pocket is considered more convenient, i'll never understand!

Depends on the phone I have at the time - this time around, it is a Palm Pixi+ (Bar Phone basically with touch screen and keyboard below). That one is in my hip pocket on the right side in a case of course. I tend to burn through cell phone cases with my phone in them while sitting in cars with seatbelts getting caught up in them. But this case, knock on wood has been sturdy enough for over a year now. :)

When I had my Blackberry Perl, it was in my pocket in it's case. Other phones have been in my pocket as well.

Maybe it is me, but anymore, I don't really care for the radio waves associated with the phone being that close to my family jewels... (GSM phones especially - ever notice what they do to a radio/TV/PC speaker? when close to them for any period of time?). Yes, even though it is close to them on my hip, it is at least a bit further away.

To today I had to go for a quick trip across town and my phone holster wasn't on the pants I was wearing, so I said screw it and just put the phone in my pocket. On the way home my phone started going off in my pocket, I was having a hell of a time digging the ****er out of my pocket, probably swerving all over the road in the process.

Had I been wearing my holster I would have just reached to my side and grabbed my phone. How the hell the pocket is considered more convenient, i'll never understand!

Well, seeing as using your phone while driving (in the UK at least) is illegal, having it in a holster or pocket isn't good. When driving a vehicle, it should be connected to a hands free set up.

Myself, I carry my phone in my right front pocket - when wearing jeans, or right side pocket when wearing combats. All other stuff - wallet, keys etc are carried in left pocket, with loose change carried in right back pocket.

I keep mine in my pockets. At work, its in the left side of my coveralls because the right side usually gets oily. Outside of work, its usually in the right pocket as Im right handed. I've had two otterbox cases and a zagg screen protector. Now it's naked.

wearing a cellphone on the hip gives you extremely easy access to phone. How does it make you look like a douchebag? I can't even imagine driving or doing anything else and having to dig through my pocket to get to my phone if it goes off. I once tried it in my pocket, but when ever I had the phone on vibrate I couldn't feel it in my pocket. Plus when I leave the house it's easy to pat myself down to make sure i have it.
You shouldn't be using your phone while you're driving. On that note, there's a little slot infront of my cup holders that holds my phone just nicely.

Definitely pocket, very convenient for listening to music. Phones are getting thinner so why not, they are barely noticeable in pockets wearing jeans these days. Left pocket phone, right pocket keys and wallet. Never have anything else in the phone pocket, don't want a scratched screen.

I really don't get how a pocket can be less convenient than a belt thingy. You just take your hand, put it in your pocket, grab your phone and take it out. No weird holder thing to open or anything. Okay, taking your phone out of your pocket while in the car is almost impossible, but you should NEVER EVER use your phone or even look at it while driving. That's just dangerous. If it's something important, park your car on the side of the road for a second and THEN answer the call.

And it still looks extremely stupid, as it's been said before. Socks-with-sandals-style.

The bigger question is. Do I care if it looks retarded? NOPE!

That is your own decision then :p But I think you can safely say that people who look good tend to do better in life, so I'd rather look good :p

I keep mine in my front right pocket. Everything else goes in the front left.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be doing that... :|

That is your own decision then :p But I think you can safely say that people who look good tend to do better in life, so I'd rather look good :p

I'd rather be efficient than to look good :p

Well you shouldn't be using your phone while driving. If I'm in the car, my phone goes in the center console + connects via bluetooth, if I really need to use it to talk to someone.

In the summer, right thigh pocket. In the winter, either that or a jacket pocket.

And people who put phones in their arse pocket are either asking for a broken or stolen phone. Or butt calls, as they say.

Phones on hips and man bags??

Wow, how old are you guys??

I know a mobile phone isn't supposed to be a fashion statement or accessory, but phones on hips and man bags just aren't cool.

The only person I know who still wears his phone on his belt is my old man and he is 59.

Well, I'm 55 and guess what? I wear my phone on my belt. :laugh:

Mainly because I have to use my hands when caring for patients and don't have other pockets in my scrubs to carry a phone......

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was walking down town for my walk and it started to rain on me, so I took my phone out of my "Pocket holster" and Put it "in my pocket". When I got home and after I paused my MP3 player, I thought I could still hear the podcast still playing. As it turns out I was hearing someones voice mail playing through my cell phone.

Having put the phone in my pocket I successfully pocket dialed someone on my phone's contact list of 30 times! yay, for phones in the pocket!

Front right pocket, screen/buttons facing outwards - therefore no pocket dialing.

wearing a cellphone on the hip gives you extremely easy access to phone. How does it make you look like a douchebag? I can't even imagine driving or doing anything else and having to dig through my pocket to get to my phone if it goes off. I once tried it in my pocket, but when ever I had the phone on vibrate I couldn't feel it in my pocket. Plus when I leave the house it's easy to pat myself down to make sure i have it.

Having it on the hip makes you look like a DRUG DEALER.

Well I don't live in an area where Cell phone theft is a problem. I still can't fathom putting the phone in my pocket, how inconvenient.

You NEVER know your home area could have a theft problem in the near future. It happens in anywhere. Just like a friend of mine said to me, "I haven't gotten a speeding ticket, or accident so far, hahaha" I said, don't say that. It could happen to you anytime.

BAM, he got a ticket, and later on, he got in an accident.

I always hate digging in my pocket for my cell phone. Plus if it's set on vibrate some times It feels so good I don't want to answer it :laugh:

No wonder, that makes you weird now. We figured that now because we got your weird jokes these days.

Yesterday I was walking down town for my walk and it started to rain on me, so I took my phone out of my "Pocket holster" and Put it "in my pocket". When I got home and after I paused my MP3 player, I thought I could still hear the podcast still playing. As it turns out I was hearing someones voice mail playing through my cell phone.

Having put the phone in my pocket I successfully pocket dialed someone on my phone's contact list of 30 times! yay, for phones in the pocket!

Hey, Happy Finger, you should have put a screen lock on your phone so it won't pocket dial anyone.

Hey, Happy Finger, you should have put a screen lock on your phone so it won't pocket dial anyone.

It was an Envy Touch. Had a button on the side of the phone that would automatically unlock the phone when pressed. I already ripped that button out of the phone because it was a really retarded button. Now to unlock the phone you have to press a button on the phone then swip up with your finger.

It was an Envy Touch. Had a button on the side of the phone that would automatically unlock the phone when pressed. I already ripped that button out of the phone because it was a really retarded button. Now to unlock the phone you have to press a button on the phone then swip up with your finger.

What about setup a passcode?

I looked up the internet about Envy Touch, it is a boring phone. You should get an iphone or one of the best android phones such as HTC or something like that. These phones have best lockscreen which you wouldn't worry about pocket dialing.

Right now I have a HTC phone. I may change to an iphone or one of the windows phones as soon as my contract finishes.