Windows 8 8220 x64 Screens Leaked :D

I wonder where the start orb has gone.

It has been hidden. It will appear when you place your mouse pointer where the orb used to be. No idea how they have adapted it for tablets though, as there is no mouse there.

I am thankful for the squared corners, as I have said before. That is a big deal for me because I am a bit anal about always using squared visual styles, and now I won't even feel an urge to change from the default. However, why is the titlebar so wide? Why is the titlebar text so annoyingly large? That makes it look very unprofessional.

What a mess. It's a Frankestein's Monster of an OS.

This is the first time I'm not excited to install a Windows beta, simply because I don't picture actually being able to use it productively.

(Disclaimer: Of course I'm going to install it.)

• Like 3

Are we still on this whole "Metro sucks, rage, rage, rage, I'm moving to Mac/Linux" thing? Either try out the damn beta or buzz off. Metro isn't going away, and if that doesn't suit you, Apple or Linux are there for you to use.

• Like 2

Are we still on this whole "Metro sucks, rage, rage, rage, I'm moving to Mac/Linux" thing? Either try out the damn beta or buzz off. Metro isn't going away, and if that doesn't suit you, Apple or Linux are there for you to use.

Or stay on Windows 7.

What a mess. It's a Frankestein's Monster of an OS.

This is the first time I'm not excited to install a Windows beta, simply because I don't picture actually being able to use it productively.

(Disclaimer: Of course I'm going to install it.)

Did you even TRY running the Developer Preview? Or did you simply dismiss it untried?

That is one of the things I hated MOST about the majority of detractors of Metro/Immersive as a desktop UI - most (over two thirds) never even gave it a try *at all* - it reminds me all too much of most of the FUD about Vista.

I went into the Developer Preview testing with concerns about the new UI precisely due to concerns about compatibility with existing applications (and especially productivity applications) - especially since the compatibility track record with previous Developer Previews (even of Windows) has been rather horrible. Much to my shock, the concern was pretty much completely overblown - productivity applications (those that haven't been rendered completely moot) worked just as well as they do in 7+SP1 - if not better due to the underpinnings.

Give the Consumer Preview your honest effort. Throw your productivity applications - and your games - at it. THEN critique it.

Windows 8 so far really looks like a 20 year step backwards in UI design. I think its very boring, and just ugly.

+1

Microsoft is following the every second OS to be trash rule.

Win98 was good,

winME sucked,

winxp great,

vista sucked,

windows 7 was great..

An that means windows 8 is going to suck.

JxPhx.gif

I'm not even concerned about Metro any more, it's the total lack of polish of the traditional Aero desktop UI.

The weird, squared Window control buttons.

The thin, squared window frames.

The oversized title bar text.

The horrible colour schemes.

The hideous scrollbars.

The atrocious ribbon design. :x

In all honesty, it looks like a cheap Linux distribution.

Microsoft is following the every second OS to be trash rule.

Win98 was good,

winME sucked,

winxp great,

vista sucked,

windows 7 was great..

An that means windows 8 is going to suck.

vista didn't suck. it was good. XP sucked before SP1 but everyone forgets that now.