Superman: Man of Steel (2013)

Beat me to it by a few seconds. :rofl:

The trailer peaks my interest in this movie. None of the other trailers made the movie look all that appealing to me.

Oh nice I did not know Laurence Fishburne was in the movie. I cannot wait for it!

Same here. Seems like with each trailer I'm finding a new actor :laugh:

Really cannot wait for this. I see multiple cinema goings in my future.

That trailer was amazing! They've shown so much more now and the bit at the end gave me the chills. I can't wait to see it. Also, the music was really good. I guessed it was Hans Zimmer and I was right.

?The risk is to do the same thing again,? says Hans Zimmer, composer of ?Man of Steel,? one of three superhero movies in the pipeline for spring and summer. ?You take far less risk by trying something new. You still stay in the confines of certain storytelling: Yes, heroic things happen. Yes, you have to find a human element and a sense of awe. Yes, you?re gonna have a bad guy. In that respect, you know what to write.?

Zimmer had already been down the comicbook road with three ?Batman? movies, but those required a dark, minimalist musical style that reflected the complex psychology of the ?Dark Knight? and the villains (Joker, Two-Face, Bane) he battled. This one ? a reboot of the venerable Superman franchise, directed by Zack Snyder of ?300? and ?Watchmen? fame ? was different.

?If Batman is the way the world sees America, Superman is the way America sees itself,? Zimmer says. The score, he thought, should ?celebrate everything that is good about America,? and he began to focus on the heartland where Clark Kent grew up, searching for a sound palette that might be the basis for a fresh approach.

He came up with eight pedal-steel guitar players and a 12-person drum circle. ?I wanted to create a tone that wasn?t necessarily what you expected,? says Zimmer in what may be the understatement of the year. ?I was lacking notes, but I wasn?t lacking ideas about the sonic landscape.?

Source: Variety

It seems that in the process of growing up he's wondered around doing odd jobs and helping people, so I don't expect to see Clark the daily planet reporter till close to the end of the movie or right at the end. It could even be a post credits clip.

[spotted at the 2:18 mark]

In a Superman movie? Unbelievable! :D

Just saw the trailer on reddit without even knowing the movie is in the making and damn, it got my attention. Can't wait for it to be released now.

This trailer really made me want to see this. I found the last superman movie just meh, with the only highlight being the beginning with the airplane at the ball park.

The movie looks better and better every time I see the trailers. It's coming out the day after my birthday, so it's going to be a great present to me! :D

It seems that in the process of growing up he's wondered around doing odd jobs and helping people, so I don't expect to see Clark the daily planet reporter till close to the end of the movie or right at the end. It could even be a post credits clip.

That's the impression I'm getting from this. It seems a lot like an origins story... Like we won't get to see him as adult superman for maybe more than 20 minutes. I sure hope that isn't the case, because I want to see awesome superman fighting.

Does any one else feel like alot of colors are muted too much? It's really blue aswell. It's a look I guess, but I don't know if I like it.

Yes the whole movie is going to have a muted look because of the tone of the movie. I also kind of like the brighter colors from the Reeve superman movies.

But I think Man of steel is going to be so good that after watching it the last thing on our minds will be the colors. For big fans of the Reeve superman movies we are just going to have to get used to the muted look and also new soundtrack as well.

What I am wondering is will Superman get to use his Heat Vision and freeze breath in Man Of Steel?

I didn't have that high of hopes at one point not too long ago but after watching the trailer all I can say is this is going to be freaking awesome.

Note that how the colors look depends on the lighting and angle of same. The S in particular looks very metallic in certain scenes, and the blue as well. The yellow I addressed upthread, but to me it's all because of the deep texturing of the material. I also think this is enhanced in some scenes that have finished their CG rendering, but not in others where we've seen more raw-ish footage. The recent posters & magazine covers enhance that belief.

Note that how the colors look depends on the lighting and angle of same. The S in particular looks very metallic in certain scenes, and the blue as well. The yellow I addressed upthread, but to me it's all because of the deep texturing of the material. I also think this is enhanced in some scenes that have finished their CG rendering, but not in others where we've seen more raw-ish footage. The recent posters & magazine covers enhance that belief.

I'm sure the colours will be tweaked even more in post-production. They want to go for a certain look and the use of muted colours gives it a more gritty and pseudo-realistic look. It also sets it apart from the other more colourful Superman movies.