VLC Media Player 2.0 'Twoflower' released

running dual screen on my mac and i cant force it onto one screen! keeps going to the home screen! (want it full screen on screen 2 not screen 1)

Fixed need to turn off some settings. other then that, its running great on my OSX86.

Excellent, thank you! (Y) looking forward to the revised UI on OSX, the current UI is just horrid! As for the Windows version, to be honest I'm happy with the current UI but looking forward to under the hood changes :)

EDIT: The Windows UI has been changes, nice and simple...I like it!

It's nice looking, but I have been spoiled by PotPlayer/MPC-HC for too long. :) It's still like going from Lambo back to Nissan.

I just want it to play media. Could care less what it looks like.

Stutters like crazy on 720p MKVs with GPU-accelerated decoding enabled. With multithreaded decoding, it still skips frames, on content that 1.1.x used to play fine. Plus dropping files from network share does not work (Win 7). Downgraded. Am going to skip out on a point release or two.

Stutters like crazy on 720p MKVs with GPU-accelerated decoding enabled. With multithreaded decoding, it still skips frames, on content that 1.1.x used to play fine. Plus dropping files from network share does not work (Win 7). Downgraded. Am going to skip out on a point release or two.

skip in-loop filter - all?

yeah but doesn't it require external codecs?

VLC and MPC-HC doesn't require external codecs. In fact, it is better to uninstall all codec packs like k-lite...

I will stick with MPC-HC 64 bit.

Does VLC still call DXVA (DirectX Video Acceleration) something else than DXVA?

I am also very skeptical that VLC outperforms players made with Windows in mind like Home Cinema.

I just want it to play media. Could care less what it looks like.

It's far from being as fast or offering enough video options. As for the skin, I believe MPC-HC is the worst looking even in its Black Edition.

You just dropped a generic VLC "defender" reply there without any substance whatsoever.

Oh, sheesh! Isn't that just the prettiest UI you've ever seen?!

Who gives a rats a** what it looks like as long as it works? Those kind of comments always blow me away! Do you people just set there and stare at these thing out of total amazement, or what?

It's also about time this dang thing was updated!

Thanks

Plays 8gb MKV/1080P files fine on my rig.

Not all 1080p MKVs are the same, though. I just tried one of mine and pixelation and stuttering all the way. Fancy pasting MediaInfo details of yours here?

skip in-loop filter - all?

Does not help, thanks though.

I dont know about the Mac UI, but Windows UI isn't good looking at all. I wouldn't call it crap, but it has a Linux UI design theme all over it.

Edit: And the first thing i discovered it doesn't support Drag and Drop to play.

To those having issues, I'd recommend deleting VLCs preferences. I had a lot of playback issues on OS X on the RC version. Pixelation, stuttering, no audio even, all on HD files (720 or higher).

After the deletion of preferences, all was good.

no words about the android version... Not even a beta

:(

yeah but doesn't it require external codecs?

VLC doesnt. If it finds it cant play media, THEN it will look for external codecs.

VLC and MPC-HC doesn't require external codecs. In fact, it is better to uninstall all codec packs like k-lite...

I will stick with MPC-HC 64 bit.

VLC doesnt. MPC-HC on the other hand, does require external codecs with a few (popular ones) built in.