Got the game but PhysX refuses to install so I can't play it :( Looks like I'll need to wait till I do a clean install before I can play it.

Very fun indeed.

Has anyone found any hidden crates yet? I've yet to come across an alien weapons crate, though I did find a few in not so obvious spots.

What erks me is how many invisible walls they put up in this game compared to boarderlands1. Makes me think there wont be as many places to hide crates this time around.

uninstall direct X, uninstall the game, uninstall your video drivers, reinstall the video drivers, reboot, install direct X, reboot, install the game.

I've had to do that before and it works every time. No idea why you have to jump through hoops sometimes to get things to work :(.

After doing the very long quest to rescue the Crimson Commander guy, finally was able to do the Ninja Turtles side quest. It was great. My girl, 2 friends, and I killed the ninja guys, named Leo, Dan, Ralph, and Mikey. After that, we explored their lair and found what seemed to be the living room that had 4 switches and some red lights. We started messing with the switches, which started to turn the lights green, in a random order. We figured we would have to turn all the lights green for something special, so we just all stood at a switch and started frantically pressing them, and somehow got them all to go green..... which release Master Flinter!!! Was this rat looking dude that took a while to kill, but dropped some good loot. Was a great quest.

Loving this game more now I am able to play full screen with no fps issues besides what normally happens with the PS3.

Few questions, I'm about 4 hours of /played, level 10 Assassin. I did not play the first one but I am loving this game, vehicles are so helpful and the maps are relatively large, decently detailed. (Playing on Xbox 360). I had a question though: do the gun cases the come up throughout the story give the same guns for all people in all play-throughs or are those random? Also, I haven't paid attention, does health ever regenerate other than buying or finding a med-stick?

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and i'm glad so many of you are saying it's better than the original in almost every way. I can't wait until I can play, but at least I know it won't disappoint.

Vehicles do make the fights easier, but if the new one is anything like the original just remember that you get significantly less experience if you kill something while in a vehicle. (as opposed to on foot) I actually purposely get out of the vehicle and get the killing blows with weapons to level faster (increase gun levels). But I don't know if that still applies for Borderlands 2.

if you didn't like the first don't bother. While the second is a huge improvement in almost every way. The game itself is still the same style and uses the same mechanics which made the first one so great.

So doing a little reading while it's slow at work.. Handsome Jack apparently has someone elses face attached to his own. So there are all these rumors about who HJ could actually be. Pretty interesting.

Still a bust under Win8 for me. Grabbed a system from my neighbor it has Win7 x64 on it. Installed it and it loads. No issues and their system needs to be reformatted. Now to reformat their pc and then put mine back to Win7.

Still a bust under Win8 for me. Grabbed a system from my neighbor it has Win7 x64 on it. Installed it and it loads. No issues and their system needs to be reformatted. Now to reformat their pc and then put mine back to Win7.

Lesson of the day... don't use products that aren't fully completed :p

Why anyone would game under windows8 is beyond me. Just because it's new doesn't make it something to have :p

• Like 3

Lesson of the day... don't use products that aren't fully completed :p

Why anyone would game under windows8 is beyond me. Just because it's new doesn't make it something to have :p

Really? FO3, NV and Skyrim work perfect under Win8. Even better then under Win7. This is the first time it has failed me. Others have had no issues getting it to run under Win8. But I guess it's hit or miss. Oh and how is it unfinished? Technet and MSDN releases are complete.

Really? FO3, NV and Skyrim work perfect under Win8. Even better then under Win7. This is the first time it has failed me. Others have had no issues getting it to run under Win8. But I guess it's hit or miss. Oh and how is it unfinished? Technet and MSDN releases are complete.

There is a difference between them saying it's complete, and then the world making it complete. Many companies have not started making drivers and things specificly for win8. Thus, it is not fully complete.

Just because some things work for it, doesn't mean all will. Especially when it isn't even really available for purchase by the public.

Seeing how it was just "completed" as of really this month, it gives it little time for others to have done any real progress with their programs.

I wouldn't be gaming with a machine that had software that wasn't fully compatible... because that's just asking for the type of trouble you went through.

And there is this.... http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Microsoft/Windows_8_Graphics_Performance/23.html

After testing both AMD's Radeon HD 7970 and NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 680 on Windows 8 using 19 benchmarks, we can confirm that both Windows 7 and Windows 8 offer the same gaming performance. Some games at low, CPU-limited resolutions show Windows 8 lagging slightly behind Windows 7, which is a sign that there is some mechanism at work here that increases CPU time or otherwise limits the system from sending information to the graphics cards fast enough to achieve higher framerates. This difference is very small though and barely noticeable, especially at higher resolutions like full HD or 2560x1600. The same performance is, at higher resolutions, pretty much the same as in Windows 7. The difference we noticed would be smaller, or go away, with a weaker graphics card at lower resolution as the slower GPU will limit framerates in such a scenario.

In terms of driver quality, I have to commend NVIDIA for releasing a perfect-working, rock stable Windows 8 driver, even though it is still marked as beta. AMD's first Windows 8 WHQL certified driver doesn't do so well here. We spotted a significant performance loss in Crysis 2, limiting maximum FPS to 63 - no matter the resolution. Other games work fine though; this seems to be a limited issue.

Overall, there is no reason to upgrade to Windows 8 just for a performance gain in games. There are certainly other reasons that make the OS upgrade interesting like faster boot time, UEFI support and Storage Spaces. There are, on the other hand, some turnoffs like the Metro UI that many users describe as clunky.

Support for DirectX 11.1 is, at this time, useless because there are no games that support it, nor have games with support been announced.

I tried this game today and I have to say its worse than the first one - I've asked for my money back from Valve...I should get it back.

I tried this game today and I have to say its worse than the first one - I've asked for my money back from Valve...I should get it back.

Please go on.... Would like to know your complaints.