Thanks, shakey--that's a very good in-a-nutshell rundown of the weapon types, quite accurate. (And FWIW, these are the same in BL1, except Slag which did not exist.)

I finally found where the Creature Dome entrance is last night. Almost beat the game for the first run through, but trying to get as many side quest done before we actually beat it. The Dome is so fun though. We made it to round 4 before having to call it a night. Sadly, your progress in the dome isn't saved upon exiting it, and you have to restart at Level 1 when you re-enter. Very good drops though, and very action packed.

I want to finish this first play through quickly though now. Just read that on the 2nd playthrough, many of the enemies get a total reskin and redesign of attacks and such. http://i.imgur.com/nU5jr.jpg

Must stop playing, Very good game, having not played the first i think i missed out. Had to kick a Public Co Op as he was running around the Sanctuary starting loads of quests spoiling it for me. Now at Level 11 ive got some good guns and as said above ( great Advice ) i have a system. Not sure how to earn skill points but im just filling out my Turret, ill probably regret this later but Nm.

Keep in mind borderlands isn't an fps the same way a game like halo or call of duty. You have to carry various types of guns that do damage different to be effective in the game. You can't rely on white damage only and you can't rely on a single high powered elemental damage gun. At one point you have to say no to carrying around 4 high powered fire weapons and switch one out for a lower damage weapon that does electric or just pure white. Most people I have played with have no fully realized this. A weapon that does 75 white damage can be more effective than a weapon that does 100 fire(or any other elemental) damage.

Oh, I'm aware of this. I don't play fps games like Halo or Call of Duty (Don't like Halo, completely avoided the Call of Duty series) purely because they are run and gun. It's just at the beginning of the game none of these things really come into play, so you're basically just attacking with whatever you've happened to find, and nothing is ideal really. Even those Gearbox weapons you get thrown in are pants! Things are gradually picking up now though. I've just had my run-in with Lilith and it's getting slightly more tactical now, so I'm having more fun.

On a related note, there are lots of references to internet culture in this game. Though I'm not sure whether that's deliberately done like that in order to appear cool or it is just cool. xD

If you have a SSD, you might miss it, but they explain it in the loading screen help text. As well as when you come to the new types of enemies, it will say, " Such and such works best against these."

The only element it didn't explain was Slag. Slag grants a bonus to all other types of damage when used agianst an enemy. Basically doubling what you would normally do.

When doing the Varkid quest at the beginning, it says in the voice, " Fire works best against bugs." Unless those bugs happen to be made of fire :p

White damage is good for anything without armor. It's just your normal damage.

Explosion damage does basic good damage to everything, though lower than what the best element against said enemy would be. It's your "eh, it will work." ammo.

Corrosive against metal

Flame against anything without a shield and isn't metal or rock.

Slag against everything.

Thanks for this. Truth be told, I hardly ever read loading screen text, maybe I should start doing so. :laugh:

And I think I may enable subtitles, as I really did not hear anything else. My hearing is a little shot these days, so that could explain it all. But this helps a lot, thanks. (Y)

Truth be told, Borderlands 2 doesn't actually start until Newgame Plus. Just like the first Borderlands. Everything in the first playthrough is really just prepping you for what the real game is on the 2nd playthrough.

Truth be told, Borderlands 2 doesn't actually start until Newgame Plus. Just like the first Borderlands. Everything in the first playthrough is really just prepping you for what the real game is on the 2nd playthrough.

What?

What?

LOL, maybe I wasn't clear enough, I do that often.

The first play through of Borderlands was just childsplay compared to the second play through on New Game Plus mode. Same with Borderlands 2. While the first play through might be a little tough, the real game doesn't get good until you are on the New Game Plus mode. On the second play through, you get totally new types of enemies, new skins, new abilities, new tactics. It will change how you saw the game the first time, and cause you to rethink how you played. It will be harder, but a whole lot more fun as well.

So don't just throw this game away after you beat it, because that is when the real fun starts. Borderlands is a game meant to be beaten at least 3 times. I'm hoping Borderlands 2 is the same as the first, as the new game plus modes only make it that much more fun.

LOL, maybe I wasn't clear enough, I do that often.

The first play through of Borderlands was just childsplay compared to the second play through on New Game Plus mode. Same with Borderlands 2. While the first play through might be a little tough, the real game doesn't get good until you are on the New Game Plus mode. On the second play through, you get totally new types of enemies, new skins, new abilities, new tactics. It will change how you saw the game the first time, and cause you to rethink how you played. It will be harder, but a whole lot more fun as well.

So don't just throw this game away after you beat it, because that is when the real fun starts. Borderlands is a game meant to be beaten at least 3 times. I'm hoping Borderlands 2 is the same as the first, as the new game plus modes only make it that much more fun.

Never...knew...that

I think I traded in boarderlands 1 after I beat it. I didn't see the replay value in it. :(. Damnit.....

Yeah, each time you beat Borderlands the enemies all changed and the challenge increased. I remember Badass enemies became Madmutha ones. *laughs*

Never...knew...that

I think I traded in boarderlands 1 after I beat it. I didn't see the replay value in it. :(. Damnit.....

Don't worry, a lot of people did that. All my friends did :( I was the only one playing through it again, trying to get them all back. I was like, " It's much more fun. The enemies are different, they are harder, and you actually have to use tactics and can't balls to the wall run in and shoot ****." But no one ever played with me after they beat it once. But BL1 did have a pretty bland story. Hopefully 2 will be addictive enough for people to give it another play through to see how much replayability gearbox gives their games.

I'm up to the part where I need to defeat the Gluttonous Thresher. Any advice? It just seems to wipe out my health and shield in one or two hits. Definitely something not quite right there!

That gun is brilliant.

So far my favourite weapon to use has been the Bitch. My variant was the Rightsizing Bitch. xD

I got it realllly early on, and it's still used occasionally. I've still got some ways to go before the uber powerful guns start to pop up though.

Finally, Gearbox properly made rocket launchers. Back in BL1, their projectiles are goddamn slow and hitbox too sketchy for any practical use. In BL2, they can rip groups to shreds with fantastic damage, hitbox, and spread.

On the flipside, I can barely get any legendary weapons at level 50 after farming for days.

I haven't really used the rocket launchers that much. I still always carry one just in case. I find my sabre turret can rip through big groups of enemies pretty quickly. Also just got the rocket upgrade for it. Now it really wrecks a battlefield. I only used a rocket launcher on

whilhelm

because it did caustic damage.

I am thinking of re-speccing my char. I'm level 30 and i think if i hit level 32 i can complete a skill tree and get the top bonus. I like it allows you to do this for a small fee, as when the new DLC comes and no doubt will raise the level cap, i can respec the character again and put my points into another tree and hopefully get two top level bonuses.

I'm up to the part where I need to defeat the Gluttonous Thresher. Any advice? It just seems to wipe out my health and shield in one or two hits. Definitely something not quite right there!

is that the one by the Hyperian base? where you plant the arm to summon it?

if so, i hid behind the pipe and shot through the area between it and the ground, it can't hit you there :p

So, from the looks of it there are no alien/super weapon crates that have been discovered yet?

the alien weapons were replaced by the e-tech weapons

Finally hit 31 with Zero, and loving his final skill. Forget what it's called,but it just throws me back into deception mode so I can keep killing. If there is a large enough group, I can basically kill everyone while in stealth.

Can't beat the Creature Slaughter Dome mode 5 at the moment though... the final wave of the final wave just kills my group so quick.

Also on the final mission for play through 1. Hesitant to end it... but also very eager. Probably will beat it tonight and start on NG+ :)

• Like 1

Finally hit 31 with Zero, and loving his final skill. Forget what it's called,but it just throws me back into deception mode so I can keep killing. If there is a large enough group, I can basically kill everyone while in stealth.

Can't beat the Creature Slaughter Dome mode 5 at the moment though... the final wave of the final wave just kills my group so quick.

Also on the final mission for play through 1. Hesitant to end it... but also very eager. Probably will beat it tonight and start on NG+ :)

awesome, can't wait to get more lvl, sound like you are jamming it.. I'm lower on lv26 now with Zero, got the 1st Maxxie Moxxon SMG ($15k) and its been crits and loot deep all round, love my sniper mods and deception is bitching! :laugh: