I loled at the dialogue after you kill a bunch of enemies to defend claptrap. "OMG what did you do? Those were human beings...with lives... and families... Nah, just kidding, screw those guys."

So I was checking it out at Steam and was wondering if anyone is playing? Is it worth the price? I didn't like the first one. So would it be a good buy or another regrettable purchase?

Edit:

Errp! Could a mod merge this with the other one? I searched but couldn't find a topic.

I loled at the dialogue after you kill a bunch of enemies to defend claptrap. "OMG what did you do? Those were human beings...with lives... and families... Nah, just kidding, screw those guys."

haha hell yeah, I'm renting it right now, but god the dialog is funny! Love the voices and such, another winner for the dev team for sure.

So last night after work, me and the girl sat down around 7pm and played up to about 11:30pm. Great fun. Split screen though has major flaws on the PS3. First, FPS will drop in chaotic areas, which is a give in considering how awesome it looks still. 2nd, is FPS will drop to about 5fps when 1 person is fighting and another is accessing their inventory or a machines inventory. This is horrible, given how if one of us ran out of ammo, we were forced to just run around and melee, due to if we went into our menus, it meant certain death to us both.

So... due to those bugs, I traded in a few old ps3 games, and got a 2nd copy of borderlands with preorder codes for "free". Surprised me that trading in 4 games was enough to get BL2 and have a few bucks left over for credit at Gamestop. It is a good day indeed :) If only the saves for characters weren't account bound. We will just have to level up my girls character through brute force at higher difficulties :p

I hate all of you who don't have to wait untill friday to play it! :p

Ditto, except I've gotta wait until Tuesday to play it. Damn Amazon's cheap-arse Super Saver Delivery! :p

I was a huge fan of the original and Borderlands 2 has managed to live up to my very high expectations. The graphics are incredible, the PC version is incredibly well done, the gameplay is noticeably improved, the scenery and enemies are more varied and the narrative is great so far.

A few screenshots I took earlier (max settings):

0122F1DBC6576852E0AB7706F9C8C720F2A2ECA7

2713080997389CA8AA4EE18E6EBAB3DE8E6E90D7

275C45EC41184B2F4EF7146A987D49A204B5D19E

As a fan of the first game, I think that Borderlands 2 improves upon in in almost every way. One of the main things that bugged me about the first game was the FOV, so I was really happy to see that it was adjustable. Also, I like the redone inventory and skill tree.

Well, I did get it from Steam. Bad thing, it will not start. Maybe it isn't compatible with Win8?

There aren't any issues with Win8 on my desktop. Make sure you have the latest win8 compatible drivers and all that.

There aren't any issues with Win8 on my desktop. Make sure you have the latest win8 compatible drivers and all that.

I have all of the newest Win8 drivers that I could find.

Still have to wait a day for it. I hope they unlock it at midnight (according to steam countdown it seems to be the case) for us UK folk. Instead of waiting till 5pm on Friday to unlock it

I upgraded my desktop to Win8 and have had no compatibility issues. What are you experiencing?

It just will not load. I uninstalled it last noight and will be trying it again in a few.

Few questions, I'm about 4 hours of /played, level 10 Assassin. I did not play the first one but I am loving this game, vehicles are so helpful and the maps are relatively large, decently detailed. (Playing on Xbox 360). I had a question though: do the gun cases the come up throughout the story give the same guns for all people in all play-throughs or are those random? Also, I haven't paid attention, does health ever regenerate other than buying or finding a med-stick?

Few questions, I'm about 4 hours of /played, level 10 Assassin. I did not play the first one but I am loving this game, vehicles are so helpful and the maps are relatively large, decently detailed. (Playing on Xbox 360). I had a question though: do the gun cases the come up throughout the story give the same guns for all people in all play-throughs or are those random? Also, I haven't paid attention, does health ever regenerate other than buying or finding a med-stick?

Guns are completely random. Also if you go back to that area and open the gun case again, the weapons again are completely random. There are millions upon millions of different combinations.

Health will regenerate if your shield allows it to other than that you will need to use med packs..

Well, I did get it from Steam. Bad thing, it will not start. Maybe it isn't compatible with Win8?

I have all of the newest Win8 drivers that I could find.

What are your system specs? I'm running Windows 8 with the latest nVidia drivers and Borderlands 2 runs great.

Eeee, I'm loving this so far! Only just got started, though. Been busy with commitments but tonight I plan to play for many hours on end. Took ages to decide between Maya or Zer0, but I played the last one with the siren as well, all the DLC, maxed out level, etc--so I've started with Maya for nostalgia's sake. Will definitely play through as Zer0 next though. Man, I love this game. The dialogue, the little signs and things you find scattered around... the art style and gun-generating-magic are amazing and unique, but the creators' sense of humour really sends it over the edge into an incredibly fun game.

Guns are completely random. Also if you go back to that area and open the gun case again, the weapons again are completely random. There are millions upon millions of different combinations.

Health will regenerate if your shield allows it to other than that you will need to use med packs..

Not just shields, certain class-mods also have regenerating health.