If you hate Windows 8, will you switch ?

defo sticking with win 7. metro felt very awkward to me. it also feels like 2 OS in one, which isnt nice. sorry, MS. but its not what i want.

then you may as well get used to it now before later

Win9 would most probably would go father away from windows legacy and toward unifying experience (metroifying the desktop!)

no thanks :D, I'm pretty sure that a start orb mod and a de-metro-ifier will appear.

I will personally be staying with W7, i cannot fault it at all, and with the trial of W8, i dont like it at all, Metro, personally is a horrible feature, so unless there are any major benefits for upgrading....ill be sticking with 7 :)

If I try it out and end up hating it, I will just continue using my Windows 7 license. I would never switch to MAC os x (I feel it's inferior, and I would never shell out for apple hardware)

I hate Windows 8. I am not liking what I saw with the Developer Preview and Consumer Preview so far. But I will not switch to OSX or Linux because of it. There is nothing wrong with those operating systems. They are great for their purpose. I am not a graphic artist or musician that has a need for OSX and I don't run a web server to use Linux. I use software that is designed for Windows Only (ArcGIS and Autodesk Civil 3D). I can't switch to another OS even if I wanted to.

Microsoft never releases a good operating system twice in a row. I've been using Windows since 3.1 and that was a good OS at the time. Windows 95 was very buggy, Windows 98/98SE worked really well (at the time). Windows Me was horrible (to the point where I had to downgrade). Windows XP worked really well. Vista was horrible (buit not as bad as Me) and Windows 7 is the best experience to date. I will wait (like most business probably will) for Windows 9. I am perfectly happy with Windows 7 (like most business are).

To me it seems like Microsoft focused too much on how the OS would work on tablets. That's necessarly not a bad thing but I just don't see people buying Windows tablets. If your average consumer is going to spend $500, they will most likely go with the iPad. Unless we see Windows Tablets priced around the Kindle Fire, we will not see good sales for Windows 8 Tablets. They also put too much focus on the "Metro Experience". However, this so-called experience has not paid off for them in the smartphone department. Microsoft is making a huge gamble with this direction. Unless we see something dramatically different in the RC, I predict faliure for this OS.

Sorry if anybody is hurt by my opinion.

• Like 2

im trying out Windows 8 now, its about getting use to it. i can see alot of people staying with Windows 7.

I'll be one of those Stay with windows 7 users. I simply don't like W8's look

I currently use Lion on my Notebook and Windows 7 on my Desktop. I'm not a fan of Windows 8 and I'm most likely to stick with Windows 7 on my desktop until it comes time to upgrade the hardware and then I'll probably buy a Mac Pro to replace it and go full Lion/Mountain Lion in my home.

Windows 7 for desktop use (games, programming, Uni work) and my Macbook Air (Uni as well as Unity, CS5.5 etc) for when I'm on the go and naturally, upgrading to Mounting Lion when it comes out. Windows 8 looks like it will be a complete flop, particularly on the desktop, if Microsoft does not listen to its customers wants and needs.

I will continue to use 7- and stop trying to solicit Mountain Lion here. It's not happening. Windows 8 is ridiculous and a step backwards. They should of just named it Windows 8 mobile and not tried to push this crap down our throats. Take the blinders off you guys this is nothing less then propaganda and an attempt by MS to force their product into getting the consumer into buying new hardware. Not anywhere did I see an explanation by MS on how traditional 7/XP users can benefit from this junk.

Clearly didn't watch/read the live reporting from the launch event then :\

Newest, if not flawed, always better. But in this case... I even praised Windows ME and Windows Vista, but Windows 8....

It's a little rough in it's current form, but it's a LOT faster than 7, and I'm just starting with it.

Ok, so far I have a couple of annoyances.

1. Changing app doesn't make the start bar appear over full screen games (with 2 monitors, selecting a different Windows doesn't let me see the start (HAH) bar).

2. Pressing Windows Key and typing in a control panel item like "Sound" doesn't find the item unless I click the settings button (Or Press Windows + W). That's just ****ing annoying.

3. The hot corners for the charms bar etc ARE JUST ANNOYING. Go to close an app.. CHARMS BAR! Go to close an app on the second screen MULTITASKINGINGTHINGYMEBOB!

4. WMP doesn't seem to work properly. It's all.. like interlaced O.o That said I have found this to be true of the Vista/7 betas as well :\

Other than that I am quite liking it. It's just so god damn fast. Chrome is even performing better D: There are some pretty serious improvements in the network stack and I'm practically wetting myself with glee >.<

While it's not perfect, I am willing to give it more time because it's fast. I'll keep building my list of annoyances and then start looking for work arounds :)

Hopefully they'll bring back the regular games that came with Windows 7. The XBox version of Solitaire is laggy and annoying. And where are any of the other games? They don't exist. I think once more Metro Apps become available, Windows 8 will get better. But I still think it's a bad idea replacing entirely the Start Menu with the Start Screen for desktop and laptop users who don't have touch screen monitors. I'm sorry but dragging a Metro app down from the top to the bottom of the screen with your mouse is a little wonky to do with your mouse. Why not just put a X up there when you hover near the top of the app?

I just noticed too that the Manage Library button in Explorer when you have a Library selected doesn't do anything. But hey, it's a Beta!

Switched and staying with the CP. I have no reason to go back. Still keeping Win7 as backup on dual boot, but haven't found a reason to use it again since I installed CP yesterday.

on the same boat, have my system image of windows 7 if needed.

Mountain Lion isn't much of an upgrade, couple of added features and a couple of apps, pretty lame as a major release, therefore I guess it will be cheap like Snow Leopard was so I'll probably upgrade my Mac Pro sometime. Doubt I'll upgrade to Windows 8 on my laptop, to clunky with mouse and keyboard and hasn't anything I feel that I'd be missing out on. That may change but would more likely buy a tablet than upgrade.

I think its early to say about switching away from or to Windows 8 as there is lot of improvement still to be made till Microsoft releases it and by that time I think we all will like Windows 8.

Windows 7 all the way. But next laptop purchase will be with Apple, OSX. This is for the first time in 12 years that I'm really thinking about switching. >_< but let's see how Windows 8 progress though.

I wish, Microsoft would at least leave Desktop look and feel like Windows 7 with Aero feature but I guess that would be too much to ask from Microsoft for Windows 8.

Oh well, what a shame...all for the sake of tablet...can't blame them. Look at what the iPad has done. Imagine, full integration of OSX in a iPad?

I hate Windows 8. I am not liking what I saw with the Developer Preview and Consumer Preview so far. But I will not switch to OSX or Linux because of it. There is nothing wrong with those operating systems. They are great for their purpose. I am not a graphic artist or musician that has a need for OSX and I don't run a web server to use Linux. I use software that is designed for Windows Only (ArcGIS and Autodesk Civil 3D). I can't switch to another OS even if I wanted to.

Microsoft never releases a good operating system twice in a row. I've been using Windows since 3.1 and that was a good OS at the time. Windows 95 was very buggy, Windows 98/98SE worked really well (at the time). Windows Me was horrible (to the point where I had to downgrade). Windows XP worked really well. Vista was horrible (buit not as bad as Me) and Windows 7 is the best experience to date. I will wait (like most business probably will) for Windows 9. I am perfectly happy with Windows 7 (like most business are).

To me it seems like Microsoft focused too much on how the OS would work on tablets. That's necessarly not a bad thing but I just don't see people buying Windows tablets. If your average consumer is going to spend $500, they will most likely go with the iPad. Unless we see Windows Tablets priced around the Kindle Fire, we will not see good sales for Windows 8 Tablets. They also put too much focus on the "Metro Experience". However, this so-called experience has not paid off for them in the smartphone department. Microsoft is making a huge gamble with this direction. Unless we see something dramatically different in the RC, I predict faliure for this OS.

Sorry if anybody is hurt by my opinion.

Agreed completely, it will be another vista-moment. Can't wait for Windows 9 now! lol

• Like 1

I think, I'll stick with Windows7, if Microsoft stick with Metro in Windows8.

anyway, its too early to think about it, we have 1 year to wait for the final release.

same

after spending few mins trying to understand controls, I am all the way to Windows 8.

frankly, four of my friends watched my Windows 8 installation, design and use, they are going to install it by tonight.

Primary OS is Windows 7, and if Windows 8 fails to deliver, I'll stick with Windows 7. You know, like a sane person.

If it's cheap and at the right time, I'll buy it.

From the looks though, I can't see how it would be useful for a desktop PC. Windows 7 is fine for my needs.

Personally, its entirely too early to talk about walking away from Windwos 8 when I've only had one evening with it. That are some aspects of navigation that I find unusually frustrating and as someone else stated, "I don't like hidden features" but this is a BETA.

To help make Windows 8 the best it can be I feel it is my duty as a tester to give Microsoft as much feedback as I possibly can to make the final product better than the Consumer Preview is now.