Watermarking - Should I start?

Hey guys, As some of you may know couple months ago I got a Canon 7D. Deeply in love with it. Since then I have started playing a game called "Airsoft" I attend the same site every 2 weeks and have become their secondary photographer, I send most/all my good shots to their main photographer on the monday and they go up on the official website, However I feel like I am getting overlooked slightly?

Since the first few games my shots have gotten a lot better and I have started considering watermarking them, However some shots are photoshopped and used as banners etc for their facebook page (Last week was a zombie game, one of my photos was edited into a banner) Which of course by-passes the watermark.

I love taking the photos and love them going up and I don't want to seem like a jerk and start saying "I WANT MY NAME EVERYWHERE" But it would be nice (If I upset anyone I will lose my cheap entrance fee)

What do you guys reckon?

I think talking to the staff there would be the better option, rather than ending up in a situation where you are having to copyright everything.

But also getting your stuff published is usually the first step into any bigger game, so asking them to maybe once a month give a "thanks thread" or something similar might not hurt ?