Paul says no WP8 update for current phones

rumors : im completely lost and tired by saying yes then no then yes then no :angry:

im not going to read anything until official statement shows up :pinch:

I agree. I don't understand why people are grasping onto every last rumor when they are contradictory and for all we know not accurate. I'm waiting for Microsoft as well.

After so much foaming on the mouth by people on another thread when I said Microsoft will not update these phones and people who would buy these phones now would be stupid to do so and now we hear it.

Some of you still don't believe that this is true? Microsoft is burying Windows Phone and Nokia before it even got a chance to take marketshare. So ironic, "you've been BETA testing other phones" LOL.. Riiiiight! :)

There are ZERO reasons why anyone should buy Windows Phone 7 device knowing very well that by end of this year we will see a new version of OS that will make your device pretty much already obsolete.

After so much foaming on the mouth by people on another thread when I said Microsoft will not update these phones and people who would buy these phones now would be stupid to do so and now we hear it.

we haven't heard anything...

There are ZERO reasons why anyone should buy Windows Phone 7 device knowing very well that by end of this year we will see a new version of OS that will make your device pretty much already obsolete.

With that theory, there is no reason to buy Android either.

Without any official word on it, you are 'claiming' that there will be no update. You have ZERO credibility. Unless you are a PA of Ballmer, of course.

And no, even if there ain't gonna be updates, I will still pick the 900 or the 4S over any Android device.

These rumours don't make sense in their present form anyway. Why would Microsoft create Tango to support 256MB RAM devices only to "abandon" it 6 months and two(?) devices later? Nokia's entire strategy requires S40 for low end and WP for low-med end to high end.

The only logical explanations are:

WP8 will run on all (inc. 256MB) devices. Quit your whining.

WP8 will theoretically run on all (inc. 256MB) devices, but it is up to manufacturers (& carriers?) to decide who gets what. Quit your whining.

They are "fragmenting" WP. WP7 for low-med to med end devices. WP8 for high end devices. They keep developing both.

Unless of course they really are wishing to implode.

As for me all the rumours are what is making this annoying. So I'm just going to invest as little into the platform (apps etc.) until it's all clarified.