MacBook Pro with Retina display announced

Installing Adobe CS6 almost killed me. I cannot believe how many interface artifacts are all over the place.

Erm - pics or it didn't happen? lol. I hope they don't roll out the CS6 updates for Retina as an actual release or something. CS6.5 for example.

Erm - pics or it didn't happen? lol.

Adobe using its own custom interface filled with inconsistencies in every single OS X release to date isn't considered a secret. Anyway, I'm not booting into OS X Lion just to take a screen shot. Sorry.

Adobe using its own custom interface filled with inconsistencies in every single OS X release to date isn't considered a secret. Anyway, I'm not booting into OS X Lion just to take a screen shot. Sorry.

Lol, I didn't expect you to; and I'm well aware of Adobe ****ing the UI on every update. Pixelmator is about the only one that gets the Mac OS UI fairly close.

I doubt I'll install Photoshop on this, I'll just take some time off of work and learn Pixelmator.

So we should never make our desktops and laptops faster AND thinner? We can't make it easier to carry, quieter, and built tougher at the same time?

We have a thing called compromise. Make it thin enough to be lightweight but not lacking basic features. As I seem to need to repeat it's being marketed as a notebook not an ultraportable, the air already exists for that.

We have a thing called compromise. Make it thin enough to be lightweight but not lacking basic features. As I seem to need to repeat it's being marketed as a notebook not an ultraportable, the air already exists for that.

Consider Thunderbolt a boost then. Besides, look at the Zen.

So, I ordered mine last night. Comes with a free Mountain Lion upgrade and a $100 gift card, and saved another $100 due to educational discount. Shame I have to wait nearly a month for it to be delivered, but I feel it's going to be worth the wait. Got another chance to play with it at the local Apple Store, and I really can't get over how much better the build quality feels, compared to even the MacBook Air I bought just last year.

I think this is going to be a big hit, and it's just a matter of time before we see this on a 13'' model.

Finally had the chance to see the new MacBook Pro in real. Like the new iPad you can really tell the difference in screen quality up close, but I was kinda amazed to see how quickly the retina screen looses its edge when moving further away. I use my 27-inch iMac at a 62 cm distance, putting the new MacBook Pro right next to it there's hardly any contrast unless you really look for it.

How many of you are buying the Ethernet adaptor?

I'm not buying it right away since I haven't had the need for wired Ethernet for a very long time. But I'll probably get it later on if I vacation anywhere that I suspect might not have Wi-Fi.

I wonder if the next revision of the hardware will include 802.11ac. That's the only thing I was really hoping would have been standard in these models, although I guess ac isn't widespread enough yet to justify the inclusion.

Depends how good the wireless is, my 2010 mbp was 'ok' at best.. seems to fail with certain routers, i've been through 4 routers and even had issues with an Airport Extreme so i'm pretty sure it's the device inside the laptop thats the issue.

Consider Thunderbolt a boost then. Besides, look at the Zen.

Given that macs are the only computers that currently have thunderbolt I'll consider it a gimmick.

Given that macs are the only computers that currently have thunderbolt I'll consider it a gimmick.

not to mention the outrageous prices for thunderbolt drives

I most likely will. If I am going to buy the laptop.

I most likely will. If I am going to buy the laptop.

You're telling us you won't be getting the adapter if you won't be buying the MacBook Pro? Outrageous!

You're telling us you won't be getting the adapter if you won't be buying the MacBook Pro? Outrageous!

-.-.

I was wondering with the rumors will they decide to make the 13 inch retina as well within this year maybe in September or October?

Correct me if I am wrong if you don't like the thunderbolt to Ethernet you can also use the USB to Ethernet adapters as well right since they are relatively cheap?

People will complain when companies don't include what is considered old and out of dated and according to popularity of their uses. Ethernet is very old. I have replaced every device except my 2007 xbox360 over to wifi and I notice NO speed drops at all. I also forgone CD and DVDs for digital versions. I don't even have my PC's dvd burner (wow first time I typed that in years) plugged in.

It's called embracing the future and driving the innovation.

You want innovation? Stop complaing and buy what you REALLY need or want. Do you need a laptop with a ethernet port? Then don't buy one that doesn't have a ethernet port. silly! or are you just so much wanting ot buy a mac just because it is made by Apple? It's just a laptop. You get a LAPTOP that suits your needs.

People will complain when companies don't include what is considered old and out of dated and according to popularity of their uses. Ethernet is very old. I have replaced every device except my 2007 xbox360 over to wifi and I notice NO speed drops at all. I also forgone CD and DVDs for digital versions. I don't even have my PC's dvd burner (wow first time I typed that in years) plugged in.

It's called embracing the future and driving the innovation.

You want innovation? Stop complaing and buy what you REALLY need or want. Do you need a laptop with a ethernet port? Then don't buy one that doesn't have a ethernet port. silly! or are you just so much wanting ot buy a mac just because it is made by Apple? It's just a laptop. You get a LAPTOP that suits your needs.

But your use case does not represent all. There are plenty scenarios where not only is Ethernet needed, but it is the only option.

Though I agree, if a laptop has no Ethernet port, then don't buy it. That is why I'm not buying the rMBP.

I honestly don't understand why people are still bitching and moaning about the MacBook Pro with Retina Screen not having an ethernet port if you can so easily add one by buying a minimal in size adapter. And yeah, if you have a problem with it so much then don't buy it. Nobody is forcing you to.

Complaining for the sake of complaining.