• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

German court "effectively bans" male circumcision

seta-san    1,436

Do you get hair cuts? Do you shave? Do you pluck? Just because it comes with your body doesn't mean you should/have to keep it.

your forskin doesn't grow back and even if you wanted to carry this arguement how would you feel if society thought it was justified to cut off men's noses as infants based on some ancient bronze age desert tradition?

• Like 3

rfirth    747

Study: Fine-touch pressure thresholds in the adult penis

http://www.nocirc.or...st/bju_6685.pdf

Conclusions:

The glans of the circumcised penis is less sensitive to ?ne touch than the glans of the uncircumcised penis. The transitional region from the external to the internal prepuce is the most sensitive region of the uncircumcised penis and more sensitive than the most sensitive region of the circumcised penis. Circumcision ablates the most sensitive parts of the penis.

timster    1,499

I don't know, but then again reverse it and you don't know what it's like either. How do you know It's a sensitivity loss that you can notice?

I never said that I did know what it's like.

I also never said anything about sensitivity.

ylcard    142

what's normal is what your body comes with. It's horrible that it's viewed as normal. I still remember the disgusted shock people had when they first heard of Female circumsion. There was such a large outcry that it was pretty much banned the first afternoon after we heard it.

Cancer comes with your body, surgeries should be banned.

Female circumcision != this circumcision.

• Like 1

Hum    6,934

*whew* My pee pee is safe

• Like 1

rfirth    747

We shouldn't be doing cosmetic surgery on children.

theyarecomingforyou    10,428

Do you get hair cuts? Do you shave? Do you pluck? Just because it comes with your body doesn't mean you should/have to keep it.

All those things grow back; a foreskin doesn't. Therefore it is up to the individual to make that decision, not have it forced upon them by their parents. Outside of America and Jewish communities circumcision is not widely tolerated. You may be happy to have it done but I consider it "disgusting" to mutilate children without their consent. In Europe less than 20% have been circumcised - it is not considered normal to be circumcised.

Any irreversible procedure performed on a child that has no ability to object is assault. I also object to young children having their ears pierced, though the holes can at least heal over. I would hate to live in a country like Israel or the US where it is considered normal to chop off parts of the body of young children or infants who cannot give consent to such a procedure.

• Like 2

bj55555    229

Did you miss the part where Jewish and Muslims groups are saying is it religious discrimination? It's entirely about religion. It's true that circumcision did rise in popularity without the parents necessarily being religious, but ultimately it is going to be the religious groups who go mental over this.

False. It's ALWAYS been about religion. In the US, Christians started circumcising their kids in a vain attempt to curb masturbation. Spilling your seed apparently ****es off God.

Shadrack    601
A judge at a Cologne court said that the circumcision of minors went against a child's interests because it led to a physical alteration of the body, and because people other than the child were determining its religious affiliation.

I was outraged when I read the headline, but I find that to be very sound reasoning. If it is important to an individual to be circumcised then that is something that they can decide when they are old enough. But we can't pick and choose which religions get free passes on mutilating their children (those that practice male circumcision for instance) and which ones do not (those that practice female circumcision for instance).

• Like 4

bj55555    229

You're not seriously comparing a cancer with a foreskin, are you? Nobody can be that asinine.

bj55555    229

I don't know, but then again reverse it and you don't know what it's like either. How do you know It's a sensitivity loss that you can notice?

You can pull back the foreskin to see what your Johnson looks like circumcised.

ArialBlue    395

Yeah, it directly exposes it to your jeans. So it rubs rubs rubs until you lose sensitivity.

Yeah that feels very very displeasing to an uncircumcised male.

• Like 1

f0rk_b0mb    697

I did not have a circumcision until recently when I asked to get one. In my honest opinion, it really is easier to go to the bathroom, keep it clean, and feels better in bed for both me and my girl (I asked her :)). Everyone should have one, really.

seta-san    1,436

that has to be the dumbest comparison I've ever seen.

While male and female cirucmcision might not be exactly the same I'll tell you how it does compare. Society sees violence against men, and even infant male children whom have no ability to consent, as perfectly acceptable while we freak out and abhorr consentual female cirumcision and banned it immediately and everyone felt morally justified in that decision.. AND THEY WERE MORALLY JUSTIFIED. It's time that men receive equality too now and end violence against infant children.

• Like 3

rfirth    747

feels better in bed for both me and my girl (I asked her :))

As if she would say otherwise... "I want your old d*ck back! This one sucks!" :p

• Like 6

Charisma    2,399

As if she would say otherwise... "I want your old d*ck back! This one sucks!" :p

Yeah, there's a lot more "sensations" going on with an uncut one, without going into details... :blush:

Miuku.    364

I'm actually hoping this will finally trigger EU into taking action and banning this completely unnecessary and archaic practice union wide.

Unfortunately my own home country has a bunch of pants on head retarded politicians who don't have the skin, no pun intended, to enforce something like this.

• Like 3

MightyJordan    8,602

Unfortunately my own home country has a bunch of pants on head retarded politicians

Stop there, and you've got the UK too (although you'd also have to add, rich, corrupt, and capitalist on top of that).

• Like 1

Richteralan    377

Good one for German.

• Like 1

Richteralan    377

that has to be the dumbest comparison I've ever seen.

While male and female cirucmcision might not be exactly the same I'll tell you how it does compare. Society sees violence against men, and even infant male children whom have no ability to consent, as perfectly acceptable while we freak out and abhorr consentual female cirumcision and banned it immediately and everyone felt morally justified in that decision.. AND THEY WERE MORALLY JUSTIFIED. It's time that men receive equality too now and end violence against infant children.

I blame religion and those ultra feminists.

• Like 1

mudslag    10,755

Sounds like some are not circumcised and jealous :) circumcision nowadays have nothing to do religion and not having is done is completely disgusting. Totally happy that my parents decided it for me.

That's called being subjective, had you not been circumcised your view would prob be entirely different.

mudslag    10,755

Exactly. The foreskin can trap all sorts of nasty bacteria and can increase the risk of contracting an STD.

I guess some people still sponge bath themselves. Clean yourself regularly, practice safe sex and it's a non issue.

a.mcdear    24

All I can say is this: I sure am glad my parents circumsized me when I was born. I would HATE to think of how much that would actually hurt to have done later in life, when you will actually remember the pain!

HawkMan    5,232

All I can say is this: I sure am glad my parents circumsized me when I was born. I would HATE to think of how much that would actually hurt to have done later in life, when you will actually remember the pain!

Or you could choose not to do it, and if you do, they do it while you're completely under unless you chose to do it in local (I don't think they do full in local though, they do corrective "tight" skin surgery under local. )

• Like 1

nominak    982

Why would you have to get it done later in life? I'm 27. Still not cut. Never will be.