NeoLin - Who's in?

.Neo

WIll it also have a White Supremacy Edition?

Glassed Silver

WIll it also have a White Supremacy Edition?

We should prompt the user what to install:

x86 / 64bit

white / black / more ethnic supremacies

:p

Supremacists with be like "FUUUUU" that there is a choice! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:ios

Haggis

Will there be an installer being made to get it to a Graphical Desktop

I am still struggling to get arch network working in a CLI lol

n_K

Arch networking is easy, IF you get the deprecated net-tools package, then you've got access to ifconfig :D

Noir Angel

If any Linux distribution requires terminal usage to get working it's an insta no-go for me.

+jamesyfx

If any Linux distribution requires terminal usage to get working it's an insta no-go for me.

I agree. If it's required (i.e. You can't use it without it), I wouldn't use it. But I don't think you see that these days on consumer editions of Linux.

Duffydemon

Exellent welcome aboard simrat :)

I have pm about IRC and the like but haven't received a reply as of yet.

Which pm? i have no message from you in my inbox. :/

Brandon H

Which pm? i have no message from you in my inbox. :/

I think he means he PM'd someone about it and is waiting for a reply, not he PM'd you

Duffydemon

I think he means he PM'd someone about it and is waiting for a reply, not he PM'd you

Oh, my mistake :)

Matthew_Thepc

Arch networking is easy, IF you get the deprecated net-tools package, then you've got access to ifconfig :D

not sure if we should be using anything depreciated :}

pers3us

Today is a weekend, Guys lets get together on IRC.

Matthew_Thepc

Today is a weekend, Guys lets get together on IRC.

when? :p

pers3us

when? :p

I am here, and waiting for others to at least put up some time. Anytime in next 14 hrs

Asharae

I am here, and waiting for others to at least put up some time. Anytime in next 14 hrs

Im in IRC if anybody is around :)

Nothing Here

I'm all in, if y'all need me. Only if this is a Debian/buntu base. I can alpha/beta anything that comes up. Also, I am willing to torrent files. My system is up 24/6. The 7th day I do system maintenance.

Asharae

I'm all in, if y'all need me. Only if this is a Debian/buntu base. I can alpha/beta anything that comes up. Also, I am willing to torrent files. My system is up 24/6. The 7th day I do system maintenance.

Thanks for the offer but this is going to be built on Arch.

Duffydemon

Which IRC channel? Neowin's IRC channel?

Asharae

Wow! Just like that. Guess I will get with a few of my buddies and restart the Original Shift back up. I still have an old ISO and can just update every thing and get one of my buddies to work out the bugs.

It wasnt just like that, we had votes on it and everything.

Either way good luck with your project :)

Which IRC channel? Neowin's IRC channel?

Yeah its on Neowin's IRC server in the #shift room

Asharae

All I'm going to say is, why dont you just help out with the project we have here?

Of course you are allowed to do what you like, its a open source project after all :)

Draconian Guppy

Whatever happened to shift2 ? Neolin sounds like it has something to with the "Linsanity" :p

Asharae

Whatever happened to shift2 ? Neolin sounds like it has something to with the "Linsanity" :p

This was an older thread :D

Brandon H

Because of 2 reasons:

1. I hate Arch.

2. I love Fedora.

3. See 1 & 2. :p

Wait, that's 3 reasons. Anyways, Arch and I do not count each other as friends. I do not understand the structure and when Shift went to Arch as base last time, I tried to work with it, but couldn't So I left. Maybe you guys can open up voting again and include Fedora? I know askin that is a long shot, but a closed mouth doesn't get fed.

the voting was already done and Arch won by a good number, the reason we chose something like arch is because we wanted to start at a small base so Shift2 would be less bloated, and in the end we all agreed on Arch as the base

honestly I don't see what you have against arch, I find it rather easy to work with for a user point of view

Orange Battery

I don't know anything about Linux when it comes to getting past the basic install and desktop environment, but Ive always wanted to. Please don't listen to those who say it will fail, it probably will but who cares? Everything fails in the end but you learn so much along the way and you take that info to new places.

n_K

Doesn't matter what you don't know! None of us know how to make a distro :p but we can work together, try things and learn how to make one.

Trial and error.

• Like 1

Asharae

Now now everyone, lets chill this :)

Lo Tec, you are free to do whatever you like, but regarding this project, I have decided to do things democratically which is why I held a vote on what base to use. Arch won that vote by quite the margin. Unfortunately it would be a bit unfair to everyone that voted to reopen it again, which is why im not going to.

But like I said previously, all the best if you decide to take your Fedora based project further :)

Doesn't matter what you don't know! None of us know how to make a distro :p but we can work together, try things and learn how to make one.

Trial and error.

Couldnt of said it any better, we are all here to learn about Linux, and thats what I will make sure happens :)