NeoLin - Who's in?

Well, I knew the answer to that, but, it never hurts to ask. I am currently using Revisor to make a LiveCD of what I have currently. We will see where this goes.

Well, I knew the answer to that, but, it never hurts to ask. I am currently using Revisor to make a LiveCD of what I have currently. We will see where this goes.

If you are going to start your own project, please create a separate thread for it. You are muddying the waters for this project and confusing members who want to work on this. Also, I hold the trademark for Shift from The Linux Foundation. If you use Shift as a name, you must get permission first, and I have already granted it to this current project.

Barney

Edit: Thread Cleaned

Please do not derail or troll this thread.

Well, after privately discussing a few things with Barney and him agreeing to allow branches later, I have decided to jump on board. If I am welcome to. There are only 2 things I do best. Proof read and alpha/beta test. I will try and figure out how to use IRC. Besides, I do have a few ideas to contribute. Mainly just on the "roadmap" as Barney calls it.

I will do a cleaned up mockup today. I would like to share the psd with simrat so we can brainstorm a little bit.

Well, after privately discussing a few things with Barney and him agreeing to allow branches later, I have decided to jump on board. If I am welcome to. There are only 2 things I do best. Proof read and alpha/beta test. I will try and figure out how to use IRC. Besides, I do have a few ideas to contribute. Mainly just on the "roadmap" as Barney calls it.

(Y) Great move!

(Y) Great move!

True, welcome aboard! :)

I will do a cleaned up mockup today. I would like to share the psd with simrat so we can brainstorm a little bit.

Exellent, cant wait to see something when its ready :)

Grab an IRC client, set your IRC nickname under the neowin control panel, open the IRC client and enter details if required then /nick <nick_you_picked_earlier>

then /server irc.neowin.net 6667 <your_neowin_password>

And once connected, /part #neowin and /join #shift

:)

If we can get some solid directions, mockups...we can post this on the front page to get more exposure :)

Will start working on a better mockup. I plan to get it done later this week.

I hate to ask this... but what happened to Shift?

Also, I'd be able to help seed any torrents, I currently have a 100mbit and 1Gbps server ready for use.

I hate to ask this... but what happened to Shift?

Also, I'd be able to help seed any torrents, I currently have a 100mbit and 1Gbps server ready for use.

This is just a next version of Shift! :)

love the idea of intergration with wine but i also like you to take it a steep fearther and add the wine frontend playonlinux in to just for games also ilike to see you guy make a control panel kinda like windows where you open it all the system setting are accassed from that windows kinda like this http://ubuntuguide.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/gnome_control_center2.png

playonlinux - http://www.playonlinux.com/en/

Gnome Control Center - https://code.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center

I'm in, if nothing else just for input and seeing if we can put together a nice Linux build. Possibly more if I can find the time and get myself into the project.

• 1 year later...