Godzilla

Responded in RED.

And this 2014 reincarnation had a flaky love story between Aaron T-J character and his nurse wife and their kid. And Juliet Binoche's character featured for all of a couple of minutes tops in total, yet they did a whole song and dance thing with how much Cranston was grieving even 15 years later. Olsen could not act either, so there is another parallel to 1998 movie. I liked throwbacks to the original Godzilla franchise, but they were few and far between. This movie was not entertaining. When they spend 160m USD, take years and then make a 2-hour movie, you would expect it to be at least that. Perhaps they were trying too hard.

I quite enjoyed it, my only annoyances was that Godzilla was a bit on the chubby side, and just when the fight sequences were getting good it would cut away, found that frustrating. Though the fighting they did show was pretty awesome!

Also the acting wasn't great, only bryan cranston's acting held the movie up in that respect for me, and that only last half the film. 

Also the plot seemed a little dodgy to me, emp keeps going off....yet they still keep sending in jets....stick an analogue timer in a bomb (good idea) but then stick it in a boat that uses electronics....bit of a fail! :s

oh and one thing that did make me laugh, they went to that nuclear dump site in nevada to see if the other one was still there....they check each safe (because they dont keep a record of which one it was in????) finally find it, open the door to find half the mountain is missing, how they hell did they miss that on the drive there!?!?!?

but other than all that, it was enjoyable, much better than the 98 film (though not really saying much!)

I just saw the movie last night. While I did enjoy it I gotta say...maybe it was just me but all the posters we've seen for it grossly over exaggerated how big he is. 

Also there was some things in it that didn't make very much sense to me but I guess it's a monster movie so I'm not sure what I should have expected.

Did anyone else laugh and then get annoyed in the scene where they went looking for the second/female monster in Nevada to have the soldiers check each of those compartments and find out the monster had just left and was casually walking to Las Vegas without some hint that it escaped? Like, no one noticed the big ass hole at the side of the mountain?

Takes me back to the beginning scenes where the mining 'accident' happened where they were checking the huge cavern but didn't notice the huge ass trail it left outside

Overall, I enjoyed the movie and I knew with the sequel happening that it would be a slow build up to the end.  But those fighting scenes were ######ing awesome.

Did anyone else laugh and then get annoyed in the scene where they went looking for the second/female monster in Nevada to have the soldiers check each of those compartments and find out the monster had just left and was casually walking to Las Vegas without some hint that it escaped? Like, no one noticed the big ass hole at the side of the mountain?

Takes me back to the beginning scenes where the mining 'accident' happened where they were checking the huge cavern but didn't notice the huge ass trail it left outside

Overall, I enjoyed the movie and I knew with the sequel happening that it would be a slow build up to the end.  But those fighting scenes were ####ing awesome.

ha ya thought that was funny too

Watched this on the weekend and even though I enjoyed it overall, people have raised some excellent points about the flaws in this move. Cranston, as per usual, is a brilliant actor and kind of just overshadowed everyone else. Ken Watanabe was excellent but as this monster expert, all they wanted from him was philosophical lines that no characters ever cared about. As for the plot, I definitely felt it went on too long, the first half was great but the second really just dragged on and on.

Really hoping the sequel takes on the complaints from the audience and gives us less romantic travel movie and more "there is monsters everywhere, lets see them fight"

BnHo20_IUAAo7pu.jpg

This is wrong.

From the Heisei film Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah to G vs. Destroyah, Godzilla was 100 meters tall. He was then reduced in size from G2000 on.

The 2014 version is still the tallest, though.

And Zilla/Fred the Wonder Lizard doesn't belong on here at all. Completely different kaiju.

I enjoyed it, watched it last night. Thought it was very good.

Better than the last movie from the 90's.

Well worth the watch.

Give Godzilla 2000 a try, or Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Tokyo SOS. All are more recent, and far better than Fred the Wonder Lizard.

• 2 months later...