Captain America : The Winter Soldier (2014)

I wonder if Marvel didn't have enough confidence in Chris Evans to carry a movie alone, so they added Scarlett Johansson to the mix? Not that I'm complaining but it just seems a bit odd to me.

As Natasha herself would say, "Nyet!"

Since you had NOT been following the comics-based backstory, the interaction between Rogers and Romanoff started shortly after he got thawed out (comic backstory, not movie backstory) - via that SAME backstory, they were the original Cold War Frenemies. And besides, think of the challenge Rogers would give Barton (Hawkeye) as a romantic rival for Natasha.

And as to the other reason for her showing up, think the Russo-Finnish War (intersects with World War II and the "Howling Commandoes" HYDRA campaign in Scandinavia - or have we forgotten about the Battle of the Train - where Bucky was lost?). The Soviet Union was actually fighting on three KNOWN fronts - southwest (Germany), northwest (Finland) and eastern (Japan - the Russo-Japanese War). Only the German front had anything to due with World War II. (No - the Russo-Japanese War was completely unrelated to World War II.)

• 2 weeks later...

96.png

?Marvel Studios has labeled the sequel a "political thriller."

?The setting of the movie is Washington D.C.

?Main heroes include: Cap, Black Widow, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill (though it remains to be seen which side Hill is on), Alexander Pierce (kind of) and Agent 13.

?Main villains include: Winter Soldier, Crossbones, Batroc, Alexander Pierce (he's playing both sides) and Arnim Zola.

?Robert Redford is a senior officer in S.H.I.E.L.D. but doesn't appear to be who he really is. Redford let is slip in a recent interview that he is a villain in this film.

?Cap'n is trying to assimilate himself back into modern society and works closely with S.H.I.E.L.D. because he has no where else to go after being found and thawed out and then fighting in the Battle of New York. Working with S.H.I.E.L.D. is pretty much his modern day job now.

?Per some leaked script pages, Steve Rogers meets?and we are introduced to?Sam Wilson a.k.a. the Falcon. Wilson seems to have similarly lost his place in society since coming back from his tour of duty with the military.

?Captain America and the Black Widow are working together and she doesn't seem to like S.H.I.E.L.D. in one scene, as she was seen kicking Agent Sitwell.

?Captain America is sporting a new blue and white suit that appears to closely resemble the suit he wore in the comics when he was Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

?Nick Fury seems to have upset the Washington D.C authorities as they are chasing him down and eventually surround him. Both the police and SWAT shoot up Fury's black SUV badly, yet someone aids in Fury's escape by blowing up two cop cars and the SWAT van. Who Fury's explosive helper is is not yet known.

?There is more car action sequences in Cap 2 than ever seen in past Marvel Studios movies. (This is more conjecture than anything right now, but all the car action in Cleveland seemingly confirms this.)

?There appears to be a death in the movie since a new filming location in Cleveland was confirmed to be in a cemetery. Also, while filming in D.C. there was an unconfirmed report of a funeral scene with actor Garry Shandling.

?Arnim Zola has somehow survived the 70 years since he was seen in Captain America: The First Avenger and has a new look to him.

?The comic book story basis for this film appears to take from several story arcs including: Ed Brubaker's Captain America run in the 2000s where he introduces the Winter Soldier, the 80s miniseries Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. and perhaps a little bit of the Secret Avengers.

That suit looks better than what he used in the Avengers. There was something about his helmet that put me off.

The Dutch Marvel Facebook page just posted this:

480830_463612273719971_1318440250_n.jpg

Yeah, so far this is definitely shaping up to be a much better film than the first one.

What is wrong with the first one? I liked it.

It was a good Captain America movie. But if you're comparing it with what we now know about this movie then I predict that this movie will be a lot better.

It was a good Captain America movie. But if you're comparing it with what we now know about this movie then I predict that this movie will be a lot better.

I have a long hate for Captain America as he is now (some will know this on here) I didn't like the casting and origins story was awful

Chris Evans plays it too much like superhero's can only be nice people. I don't really know how to explain it. But if you see the scene in Avengers where he orders the police in the final battle, that's a perfect example of what I mean. He's plays it like an actor would've played Captain America back when the very first Captain America was made in 1990. He also doesn't really look like a proper Captain America. He was a much better Human Torch.

I liked the first film as a stand alone film. Though yeah, looking back at his origin.. that could've been better. I was kind of annoyed how he was only a soldier/Captain America for show at the start of the movie as well. I've never really read the Captain America comics, so I don't exactly know his real origin. But that's what annoyed me in the film.

But I do agree this film is going to be alot better, Winter Soldier from what I know is a good story

I needed glasses to read your post Jam ;)

lgtb2cb.png

Lmao, sorry about that. I must've accidentally pressed one of the font buttons :p

Well I guess we'll have to see then. lol. It could be a disaster for all I know. Look what happened to Iron Man 3.

I'm not that big of a Captain American fan though. So I don't really need to :p.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier has cast a four-member S.H.I.E.L.D. team.

Alan Dale (Lost), Jenny Agutter, Chin Han (The Dark Knight) and Bernard White (City of Angels) will support Robert Redford's Alexander Pierce in the upcoming Marvel Studios sequel, reports Twitch.

Agutter will reprise her role as the World Security Council member from The Avengers, with White listed as 'Indian council member'.

Dale and Han's roles are yet to be confirmed.

Redford apparently let slip a key plot point for his character in the follow-up to 2011's Captain America: The First Avenger.

Chris Evans will return to the title role in the sequel alongside Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo, Emily VanCamp and Samuel L Jackson.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is scheduled for release on April 4, 2014.

I wonder if Marvel didn't have enough confidence in Chris Evans to carry a movie alone, so they added Scarlett Johansson to the mix? Not that I'm complaining but it just seems a bit odd to me.

i think it might be the other way around. they don't have enough confidence in either ScarJo or black widow was a standalone character, so they just have her popping out here and there instead of giving her a movie of her own