Meet the browser: Chrome Next

No issues here. As a last resort you might want to go to %LOCALAPPDATA%/Google/Chrome and backup the User Data folder (export bookmarks within the browser itself, and move User Data to the desktop) while Chrome is completely closed. Then reopen Chrome with a new profile and see if the setting is enabled or not.

1 minute ago, SuperKid said:

How did you get rid of the black bar that is appearing for me?

Umm… dunno? Your title bar is transparent which means you're using "Material Hybrid" as opposed to just "Material"… right? That's what I'm on.

13 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

Which black line? The line under the address bar? You can't.

But if you look at my screenshot you can see that I don't have it.

And if I get it I will… probably do nothing except get very annoyed.

3 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

No issues here. As a last resort you might want to go to %LOCALAPPDATA%/Google/Chrome and backup the User Data folder (export bookmarks within the browser itself, and move User Data to the desktop) while Chrome is completely closed. Then reopen Chrome with a new profile and see if the setting is enabled or not.

But are you on beta or Canary/dev? there might be  difference :s

4 hours ago, Jub Fequois said:

Umm… dunno? Your title bar is transparent which means you're using "Material Hybrid" as opposed to just "Material"… right? That's what I'm on.

Just Material but I did try Material Hybrid.

Are you on a retina mac? It's not as noticeable on my retina machine at home but it's still there.

10 hours ago, SuperKid said:

Just Material but I did try Material Hybrid.

Are you on a retina mac? It's not as noticeable on my retina machine at home but it's still there.

I am, yes. Strange, I don't have any black lines at all. I remember seeing others complaining about it, but completely forgot since.

• 3 weeks later...

Google Chrome Adds Anti-Tampering System to Fend Off Quantum Computing Attacks company is now including a project called New Hope into Chrome

New Hope is a re-implementation of the Ring-LWE encrypted key-exchange protocol used with OpenSSL, specifically hardened to fend off quantum computing attacks. New Hope is included with Google Chrome version 54.0.2791.1, a.k.a. Canary SyzyASan.

"We explicitly do not wish to make our selected post-quantum algorithm a de-facto standard," writes Matt Braithwaite, Google Chrome Software Engineer. "To this end we plan to discontinue this experiment within two years, hopefully by replacing it with something better."

Until then, users can recognize if a website is using a quantum-computing hardened version of TLS by going to the Google Chrome Security Panel inside Developer Tools [press F12] and looking for the CECPQ1 label in the Key Exchange field, as pictured below.

CECPQ1 label for HTTPS connections

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grey-Scale Favicons for 'No Internet Connection'.

greyscale.PNG

New Folder icons in bookmark bar for Material UI.

New folder icons.PNG

• 1 month later...

Curious to hear if any of you are aware of Google implementing a Reader View-mode anytime soon? Firefox and Safari each have their own. I like both implementations of those browsers but the Chromium browsers does not feature any built-in Reader View-mode?! I don't think that using the Readability extension is all that great but it's what I must use.

Weird thing that cropped up on 54, my Logitech mouse button assignments don't work at all. Still work in the rest of Windows, tried reinstalling, rebooting, etc. Kinda annoying.

1 hour ago, vanx said:

Updated to "54.0.2840.59 m" and the tabs in the tab row suddenly got relatively massive. What is the reason and any way to change them back to being "slim"?

Oh gawd, they aren't going the route Firefox did with it's cartoonish tabs are they?

• Like 1

Well with Material design the tab height is around the same as the toolbar below it for me (which is a little bigger than pre Material design) it's not too distracting.

SNAG-0000.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Well with Material design the tab height is around the same as the toolbar below it for me (which is a little bigger than pre Material design) it's not too distracting.

SNAG-0000.png

You haven't updated to the same version as I have though, have you? When I updated, as if by cruel magic, everything in the tab/address/bookmark bar was suddenly padded with lots of empty space at the top and bottom and the tab icons grew by a lot.

Just now, vanx said:

You haven't updated to the same version as I have though, have you? When I updated, as if by cruel magic, everything in the tab/address/bookmark bar was suddenly padded with lots of empty space at the top and bottom and the tab icons grew by a lot.

Nah, I am on 54, but in the beta channel. I can't go higher because it always causes problems with the CKEditor that we use in our CMS.

Whoa, something else going wrong there? I am on the exact same version :s

SNAG-0001.png

• Like 1

I use Slimjet 64 Bit as a secondary Browser, it is built off of the Chromium base. It runs well and has never crashed. Something I cannot say about Firefox. But Fx 50 is better. I tried Chrome once and did not care for it although it was very fast.

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

Nah, I am on 54, but in the beta channel. I can't go higher because it always causes problems with the CKEditor that we use in our CMS.

Whoa, something else going wrong there? I am on the exact same version :s

SNAG-0001.png

Indeed, though @Zlip792 posted a screenshot with lots of space a couple of months ago. Still, do not understand why the tabs now appear to be very "tall". It's as if they are trying to make things easier for touch-screen users...