Meet the browser: Chrome Next

bawz
7 hours ago, maeby said:

is there a way to remove your name in the title bar now that chrome://flags/#enable-new-profile-management is gone?

have a look through this thread, i do recall that beinbg discussed  but whether it still can be done im not sure

• 8 months later...
+Frank B.

While digging around chrome://flags I unearthed a few UI changes in today's dev build (67.0.3386.1). See for yourself.

Capture.thumb.PNG.79471d51cd42ba408fe3f7fca3c11c8b.PNG

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
+Frank B.

More new UI elements have landed.

Capture.PNG

Steven P.

Can the plus be moved to the right Frank B.?

Jub

I really hope they refine this further before release. It looks really, really unpolished right now. In particular the omnibox.

+Frank B.
27 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Can the plus be moved to the right Frank B.?

No.

bawz
1 hour ago, Frank B. said:

More new UI elements have landed.

Capture.PNG

looks nice, but yeah i can kinda see why you'd wanna move the + , you might be able to do that with a Extension eventually? . i prefer those Tabs than what Firefox Had, they were to Curved. these are more square/curved

Steven P.
10 hours ago, Frank B. said:

No.

images.jpg

+Zagadka

Why the hell would they move the + button way over there? That makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
bawz
On 4/28/2018 at 6:23 PM, Zagadka said:

Why the hell would they move the + button way over there? That makes absolutely no sense.

i now can see why it should be moved as its in a bad spot, so i agree with Steven

bawz

anyone know if Chrome has a Tab Container Extension or is it inbuilt in Chrome? an what setting is it? 

• 3 months later...
bawz

anyone have any idea when this New UI of Chrome is supposed to be released to the public ? it isnt in the Beta 69 . Tabs etc

Steven P.
5 hours ago, Demz said:

anyone have any idea when this New UI of Chrome is supposed to be released to the public ? it isnt in the Beta 69 . Tabs etc

Hopefully they saw the error of their ways and reverted it. I think I am going to move to Firefox anyway. Chrome has turned into a garbage browser.

bawz
14 hours ago, Steven P. said:

Hopefully they saw the error of their ways and reverted it. I think I am going to move to Firefox anyway. Chrome has turned into a garbage browser.

i never used Chrome much but only as a last resort, i will not use Edge.  im  more of a firefox user but even that browser is slowly dying :(

• 4 weeks later...
Steven P.

If you don't like the new UI you can revert to the old way for now, by going to chrome://flags and searching for UI Layout and setting it to "Normal" in the dropdown, then restart.

If you revert, you will lose the new password manager but that's it, the fancy new omnibox searches will still work.

Old look:

SNAG-0009.png

New look:

SNAG-0010.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Steven P.

BTW I still get the new password manager offering to generate passwords for me, even with the old look, in case y'all wondered

• 3 weeks later...
Dot Matrix
On 9/7/2018 at 7:44 AM, Steven P. said:

If you don't like the new UI you can revert to the old way for now, by going to chrome://flags and searching for UI Layout and setting it to "Normal" in the dropdown, then restart.

If you revert, you will lose the new password manager but that's it, the fancy new omnibox searches will still work.

Old look:

SNAG-0009.png

New look:

SNAG-0010.png

I feel like this post needs pinned. Lol

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      Google is testing the addition of shopping advertisement cards on Chrome's new tab page [Update]
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Google is testing a way for the new tab page on Chrome to display shopping advertisement cards based on users’ search history and preference. The feature is currently hidden under a flag called ‘NTP Shopping Tasks Module’ (spotted by Techdows) in Chrome Canary which can be enabled from chrome://flags. The flag provides users the ability to even enable recommendations based on fake data for representational purposes.

The shopping card lets Google serve tailored suggestions right in the new tab page, making it easy for users to either pick up on recent product searches or related items. The firm also allows users to access their activity and tweak recent data stored in the ‘My Activity’ page by clicking on the “i” icon in the card. While the feature is still in development, it will not be surprising if the firm makes it an opt-in experience.

Clicking on any of the products in the card redirects users to a search results page for that product with retailer and pricing options, just like on Google Search. The experience for users that prefer new tab page personalization through third-party extensions might vary. The firm is also working to add recipe cards and content from Kaleidoscope, flags for which are also present in the experimental features section in Chrome Canary.

The integration of shopping features into the new tab page of one of the most popular web browsers could help Google further expand its Search and marketplace offerings into its services, making them easily accessible and prominent. The feature might also be aimed at rivaling the recent Facebook Shop and Instagram Shop offerings being introduced by the social networking giant.

Update: A Google spokesperson reached out to clarify that the experiment displays "free product listings" only and does not include any paid ads. Here is the complete statement:

• By Copernic
      Google Chrome 86.0.4240.111 (offline installer)
      by Razvan Serea

The web browser is arguably the most important piece of software on your computer. You spend much of your time online inside a browser: when you search, chat, email, shop, bank, read the news, and watch videos online, you often do all this using a browser.

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier. Use one box for everything--type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and Web pages. Thumbnails of your top sites let you access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab. Desktop shortcuts allow you to launch your favorite Web apps straight from your desktop. Chrome has many useful features built in, including automatic full-page translation and access to thousands of apps, extensions, and themes from the Chrome Web Store.

Google Chrome is one of the best solutions for Internet browsing giving you high level of security, speed and great features.

Important to know! The offline installer links do not include the automatic update feature.

Download web installer: Google Chrome Web 32-bit | Google Chrome 64-bit | Freeware
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 32-bit | 62.5 MB
      Download: Google Chrome Offline Installer 64-bit | 64.5 MB
      Download: Google Chrome MSI Installers for Windows (automatic update)
      View: Chrome Website | v86.0.4240.111 Release Notes

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft releases Flight Simulator patch version 1.9.5.0 with a bunch of fixes
      by Abhay Venkatesh

As promised last week, Microsoft has released a new patch for Flight Simulator, bringing version 1.9.5.0 to all users. Today’s update contains a bunch of fixes and improvements to various areas such as the UI, airports, planes, and more. The changelog also notes that multiplayer has been deactivated in the Japan discovery flight.

While the patch notes are short – in comparison to earlier patches –, the download from the Store is a 569MB package, with the in-game content download size reaching 2.4GB. The company is quick to add that these notes do not include “every single item that was updated”. Regardless, fixes for the VFR screen causing game crashes and issues in the Avionics screens will be welcome additions for those who have been experiencing them. There are other fixes for auto-generated scenery.

Here is the complete list of fixes in patch version 1.9.5.0:

Interestingly, the company has not listed if the ‘Press any key to start’ prompt has been removed from the game. The firm listed this ‘Top wishes’ item as fixed and slated for release in the fourth update, which is what today’s patch is. Another item in the latest Feedback Snapshot denoted as fixed in ‘Update 4’ is the issue with the left engine failing to start on the A320, which also isn’t present in the release notes.

In addition to the patch notes, the company has also updated the list of known issues and the possible workarounds. These include issues with various aircraft, airports, weather, and more. Users can head here to read through all the known issues and workarounds.

• By Abhay V
      Apple releases watchOS 7.0.2 with fixes for battery drain issue and ECG app availability
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Apple released iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14 to supported devices in September, earlier than it usually would have, due to the pandemic and delays in announcing the iPhone line-up for this year. The updates brought significant changes for Apple’s offerings, including a design overhaul to the home screen in iOS that introduced an App Library for all apps, new widgets and much more. watchOS 7 was also a major release, finally bringing sleep tracking, support for third party watch faces, and more.

Just a week after the release, the first bug-fixing update for the OSes came on September 24 and brought fixes to the default apps issue on iOS and iPadOS. Today, Apple is releasing the second bug-fixing update for the Apple Watch OS, bumping up the software to watchOS 7.0.2. The release brings improvements to battery usage and a fix for the ECG app not showing up.

Here’s the complete changelog:

While the update itself is fairly minor, the improvements to battery drain and the ability to enable the ECG app for users in regions where the feature is supported will be a welcome addition. However, more fixes and features are on their way in watchOS 7.1, which is currently in beta.

Source: 9to5Mac

• By Abhay V
      Latest Galaxy Note20 Ultra firmware update brings camera and battery life improvements
      by Abhay Venkatesh

Samsung is beginning to roll out an update for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, which comes just a few days after the Note20 series received the October security patch. While the earlier update only brought to the devices the October security patch and nothing in the way of features, today’s update that is starting to roll out to users in Germany seems to be specific to the Note20 Ultra.

According to the folks over at SamMobile, the update brings improvements to battery life and the camera. Specifically, the camera is receiving fixes to improve stability and night mode performance. It is not clear as to whether there were any issues reported about the reliability of the camera, but this update should fix any such issues that were present. Battery life improvements are also welcome additions for users of the device. Additionally, not much else is supposedly being added with this update.

While the Galaxy S20 Ultra suffered from camera performance issues at launch that required to be fixed by software updates, the Note20 Ultra gained positive reviews and was not plagued with the autofocus issues found on the S20 Ultra, likely due to the addition of the laser autofocus module. However, the South Korean generally serves updates to further improve camera and device performance post-launch, which is what today’s update seems to be.

Galaxy Note20 Ultra users can head to Settings > Software update > Download and install to check for updates and pull the firmware. Considering that the firmware update is just beginning to roll out, it could be a while till it makes it to all regions.

Source: SamMobile