X-Men: Days of Future Past

I see that Neowin is full of great filmmakers.

Maybe just observant film fans.

1) trailer music often is not what's used in the film. Example is the Watchmen trailer that used a Smashing Pumpkins remix.

2) speaking as someone who has edited video as a sideline and betatested software for doing same, the edit was a tad rough. Since it was probably an early cut rushed to a comic show this isn't too unusual, but it could/should have been better.

My $0.02.

It's nice to see Magneto's new suit from the past! Looks pretty darn epic.

Maybe just observant film fans.

1) trailer music often is not what's used in the film. Example is the Watchmen trailer that used a Smashing Pumpkins remix.

2) speaking as someone who has edited video as a sideline and betatested software for doing same, the edit was a tad rough. Since it was probably an early cut rushed to a comic show this isn't too unusual, but it could/should have been better.

My $0.02.

It was exactly that, a trailer for a con to show what they're working on. Of course it could've been better, but it's a 1st trailer so I don't think it really matters all that much. It just seems like there are usually people in these threads acting like they're better at writing/making films and whatnot. But it's easy to say these things when you're on the sidelines. I bet there are tons of reasons to why there's not a different trailer than the trailer from the con yet.

That it's a heavy f/x shoot is one reason why as those are usually rendered in post production. That leaves you with set shots, and there's probably 50 takes of that Wolverine scene with little probability we were given the keeper this early.

As extras with suitably big hair glide past, the camera tracks with Raven, on her way to catch a flight. Out of the blue passengers start talking to her, warning her, dissuading her from her intention. She ignores them, rounds a corner and standing in front of her is Charles Xavier.

Ten years have elapsed since the events of the previous movie, a decade in which Charles has disbanded the X-Men and let his school for gifted youngsters go to seed.

Charles - or an astral projection of Charles, hence the absence of a wheelchair - pleads with Raven not to leave him once more. At one point McAvoy throws in the line, "We have to show them we're not all like Erik." But Charles' remonstrations have no effect; Raven will not be swayed. The scene ends with a distraught Xavier promising, "Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will find you, Raven. If I have to, I will stop you."

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/21098/20131101/x-men-days-of-future-past-mystique-xavier-scene-description.htm

After watching that video, I have to say I'm really disappointed. I didn't realize it was Wolverine going back in time. He's already got his own stand alone movies, and now he's going to be main character in this one too? /sigh

Has SInger been asked why he is butchering the real "days of future past" story? It's supposed to be Kitty that goes back in time, and there is a very real, logical (within the X-men universe) reason why she is the only one that can. And in doing so, it explains the evolution of Sprite, who then is Shadow Cat, then Kitty Pride Agent of SHIELD, and then Professor K.

After watching that video, I have to say I'm really disappointed. I didn't realize it was Wolverine going back in time. He's already got his own stand alone movies, and now he's going to be main character in this one too? /sigh

Has SInger been asked why he is butchering the real "days of future past" story? It's supposed to be Kitty that goes back in time, and there is a very real, logical (within the X-men universe) reason why she is the only one that can. And in doing so, it explains the evolution of Sprite, who then is Shadow Cat, then Kitty Pride Agent of SHIELD, and then Professor K.

The comic book story line covers the 1980s and 2013. This movie will take place in the 70s (mainly 1973) and 2023. I don't think that version of Shadowcat was born in the 70s. And even if she was, she'd be too young to be taken seriously. It looks like future Wolverine's mind in past Wolverine's body will have trouble convincing Xavier in the 70s.

According to the viral site, the first sentinel (Mark I) was made in 1973 and the 50-year anniversary takes place in 2023 with the Mark X model. I'm guessing the Mark X is the model that can hunt down mutants because of its ability to detect the mutant X gene.

wait...what video? what I miss here?

nvm found it

According to IMDB "Budget: $250,000,000 (estimated)" :|

Hmm,  That's a bit more than the norm for something like this but not too crazy high I'd say.  Normally these comic book movies are in the $150-$200m range from what I've seen.

This just got posted as 3 separate photos on Instagram:

Magneto-DOFP.jpg

With these quotes:

"A different man."

"A different time."

"A darker path."

Basically quoted from the trailer. The image looks proper awesome though!