What is the name of your WiFi Network (SSID)?

I am embarrassed that I actually name my router. :-p I first named it "StarGate" and now it's Spartacus.

There's nothing wrong with it.

Eventually when you've grown your "collection" of gadgets to respectable numbers, especially when in use, you'll see the advantages of naming your PCs and other devices, maybe even your OS installations.

This is especially helpful when making backups and storing them permanently, should you even want to restore a computer to its state from 20 years ago for retro gaming or whatever uses you might have.

Keeps you managed and tidy.

Glassed Silver:mac

You can also convert physical to virtual as well and if you want retro gaming you can just fire up that vm of that system that was sitting in your closet that you got rid of years ago...

I name all my stuff...

I was just out at a friend's place recently and when looking for his network, saw one called "This Router Sucks" :laugh:

oh do you got wifi analyzer (farproc) or amped wireless wifi analytics on your droid? get the first six of the mac and we can see who made it!!!

??? youre starting to worry me

why? I mean who would wanna connect to a butt?

My new SSID is PULSEDRIVER now.... PULSEDRIVER!!!!! **** YEAH!!!!!

None of your business.

No really, that is it :) ... and Vilnius is not THAT big of a place so you should be able to find me.

An error has occurred

Use_The_Force

Get_Your_Own_Damn_WiFi

I use word of the day for SSID's especially when they have funny or significant meanings.

Some interesting SSID's in my area

ticklemypuss

love-me-tender

DontCallMeShirley

U+Zone

Xmen, with xmen based client names :D Probably the next regiggering of my network I'm gonna switch to JusticeLeague lol

My desktop is known only as Colossus (It's a Haf X >.>)

MBP Armour

MB Iceman

lol so on and so forth

Try-Piggy-Back-SomeWhere-Else

Or Penny-Get-Your-Own-Broadband

Adore the TBBT reference! :D

Might gonna use that in my next WiFi as well! :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

• 11 months later...