What is the name of your WiFi Network (SSID)?

• 4 weeks later...

Budman never told me he found Future Trance 61!!! I named it Bass-T now... wonder if he gave up.....

I wonder... does he live near you?

Ours is named with whatever came stock with the router.

It's a Telekom Speedport router so yeah, something like WLAN-BDF and some number...

When I lived in Brunswick for a year my WiFi was called Blue.Sky, which I also set up to work as the address for the router config.

I might reenable it and manage my own subnet and run some servers that my dad doesn't want in his network I assume. :D

(I guess he'd be ok with one server, but I want to run multiple ones, mainly for friends and for remote access for my iTunes library for an Apple TV I'll buy to access all my content all over the world as live stream haha and preserve play counts in iTunes ;) (need them) )

Glassed Silver:mac

TiggerBear

(its the nickname my wife gave our cat which is stupid because its longer than his name, Tigger)

I wonder... does he live near you?

Ours is named with whatever came stock with the router.

It's a Telekom Speedport router so yeah, something like WLAN-BDF and some number...

When I lived in Brunswick for a year my WiFi was called Blue.Sky, which I also set up to work as the address for the router config.

I might reenable it and manage my own subnet and run some servers that my dad doesn't want in his network I assume. :D

(I guess he'd be ok with one server, but I want to run multiple ones, mainly for friends and for remote access for my iTunes library for an Apple TV I'll buy to access all my content all over the world as live stream haha and preserve play counts in iTunes ;) (need them) )

start a play counts thead! doo eeet!

TiggerBear

(its the nickname my wife gave our cat which is stupid because its longer than his name, Tigger)

That is o cute in many ways ^_^

he is in chicago and I'm in WV.... so it's a good 12-18 hour drive from me.

Well you talking about him finding your SSID or whatnot, I take it you got some strong antenna power going on there, feline friend! :laugh:

Mine's called NINJA WNET, and it's non broadcasting....unlike my neighbor down the street. TL-WR941ND is what I'm using. WPA2-PSK AES.....his (my neighbor) is named "Netgear", WEP, no password, and broadcasting....so if/when my internet goes out, heh....guess what I do....lol! :shiftyninja: He's a self-proclaimed "hacker", too, that's the most saddest thing like...ever! Although, he couldn't hack himself out of a paper bag.....been thinking of changing it, though, but for now, I'm sticking with it. It's not like anyone comes near my house for the sake of wardriving...heck, most people don't even know what that means to begin with around here. I do, and I cannot say that I'm not guilty of it myself, but they never know that, hehe! :D I live on the outskirts of Abilene, TX, and most of the time, traffic just passes on by...unless it's a utility worker. Even then, they don't have my network credentials (my password is only known to me, and it's 16 digits long), so I'm not worried about it.

Well you talking about him finding your SSID or whatnot, I take it you got some strong antenna power going on there, feline friend! :laugh:

Can-tenna? :p okay, even that wouldn't work...but be wary of teh BudMan! He's good! :p

@remixed...just messin' with ya...chances are, he's got better things to do than to just mess with you. ;)

Mine's called NINJA WNET, and it's non broadcasting....unlike my neighbor down the street. TL-WR941ND is what I'm using. WPA2-PSK AES.....his (my neighbor) is named "Netgear", WEP, no password, and broadcasting....so if/when my internet goes out, heh....guess what I do....lol! :shiftyninja: He's a self-proclaimed "hacker", too, that's the most saddest thing like...ever! Although, he couldn't hack himself out of a paper bag.....been thinking of changing it, though, but for now, I'm sticking with it. It's not like anyone comes near my house for the sake of wardriving...heck, most people don't even know what that means to begin with around here. I do, and I cannot say that I'm not guilty of it myself, but they never know that, hehe! :D I live on the outskirts of Abilene, TX, and most of the time, traffic just passes on by...unless it's a utility worker. Even then, they don't have my network credentials (my password is only known to me, and it's 16 digits long), so I'm not worried about it.

Can-tenna? :p okay, even that wouldn't work...but be wary of teh BudMan! He's good! :p

@remixed...just messin' with ya...chances are, he's got better things to do than to just mess with you. ;)

God that was loads of funny :laugh:

That can-tenna would have probably the potential to water all of Africa and fight thirst everywhere when still full and unmodded LOL

Also, consider a MAC filter, just to top it off.

It's not protecting you against wiretapping your traffic, but pretty much secures you against alien surfers in your network pretty well. :)

Oh and I hope you use a VPN when surfing on your neighbors WiFi lol

he found this site where it maps the SSIDs and puts it on a google maps overlay....

• Like 1

ROBBERS, since my isp is Rogers and i feel like they are robbing me. :laugh:

i'm in Ontario, go with Eastlink, unlimited 20megs... Eastlink originates from your neck of the woods, no? nevermind Rogers!! i had no choice but to go with them for cell service, total arrrggh!!

Olympus. All my home PC's (except my GF's, who called hers "LAPTOP") are named after greek gods, so I figured it was an appropriate name for the place where all the PC's connect.

(my PC's are named ARES (Gaming PC), HERA (Virtual Web Server), KHRONOS (Laptop), HERMES (Phone) and APOLLO (Linux Desktop))

• Like 2