Do you like my Office 2013 logo design?

I general think the Office 2015 logo is too flat

Missing the point..

I like them though. They're a good merge or the existing icons and adding some depth.

Missing the point..

I like them though. They're a good merge or the existing icons and adding some depth.

Was not talking about the Metro but the desktop itself. I truly believe that the desktop does not need to go into Metro looking.

I'm going to make an update to Microsoft new logo. Improve on it.

Was not talking about the Metro but the desktop itself. I truly believe that the desktop does not need to go into Metro looking.

Office 2013 has metro DNA in it though. Metro style is not limited to metro apps. Your logos look good, nice work.

They do look very nice. Your mock-up is leading me to seriously think hard about whether the lack of gradients, shadows etc. in most "Metro" products is really a good approach or not.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

WELL DONE WITH THE OFFICE LOGO although I don't like the individual icons. I find Metro style far too ugly but that Office logo with gradients looks simply superb. Because it's not Metro-style. Can I steal it for my avatar? :p

WELL DONE WITH THE OFFICE LOGO although I don't like the individual icons. I find Metro style far too ugly but that Office logo with gradients looks simply superb. Because it's not Metro-style. Can I steal it for my avatar? :p

Okay

Well I meant your improvements to the app icons also is certainly better but fundamentally I don't like MS's Metro style. Back to the dark ages before High Color was introduced with Windows 95. And then they call it "Modern" :p

I did some fixes to the icons and who you like it better now. It's in a high res too.

office_2013_Logo.png

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Karthik Mudaliar
      OnePlus 10 Pro's leaked renders feature Samsung inspired design
      by Karthik Mudaliar

OnePlus will be launching the next generation of its flagship series, OnePlus 10 Pro, early next year. As we are approaching the launch date, more and more specs and renders are appearing on the internet. The latest leak comes from reliable leaker OnLeaks in partnership with Zouton that sheds some light on the design aspects of the device.

Credits - OnLeaks x Zouton The OnePlus 10 Pro is expected to feature a 6.7-inch Quad HD+ display with a refresh rate of 120Hz. Looking at the renders, we can expect the display to be curved. On the right side of the device, you can find the alert slider, power button, and volume rockers while the left side is pretty much empty.

On the back, the camera module molds itself into the metal frame of the device and is quite reminiscent of the Galaxy S21's design. Out of the three cameras, the primary one is expected to be a 48MP sensor accompanied by a 50MP ultra-wide and 8MP telephoto lens with 3.3x optical zoom capability. On the front, the selfie camera is expected to feature a 32MP sensor.

Credits - OnLeaks x Zouton As for the specs, the device is expected to feature 8GB RAM and 128GB of storage and a 12GB RAM and 256GB of storage configuration available as well. The OnePlus 10 Pro will allegedly fast-charge the 5,000mAh battery at 125W which is up from 65W in its predecessor, the OnePlus 9 Pro. The device is expected to be IP68 water-resistant.

As mentioned before, OnePlus will be launching the device sometime in Q1 2022. Details on price and availability are awaited until the launch date.

• By Copernic
      Google Web Designer 14.0.4.1108
      by Razvan Serea

Create engaging, interactive HTML5-based designs and motion graphics that can run on any device
      Google Web Designer is an advanced web application that's built with HTML5 which lets you design and build HTML5 advertisements and other web content using an integrated visual and code interface. Using Google Web Designer's design view you can create content using drawing tools, text, and 3D objects, and you can animate objects on a timeline. Once you're done creating your content, Google Web Designer outputs clean human-readable HTML5, CSS3, and Javascript.

When you create advertising creatives with Google Web Designer, you can use a library of components that lets you add image galleries, videos, ad network tools, and more.

Google Web Designer's Code view lets you create CSS, JavaScript, and XML files, using syntax highlighting and code autocompletion to make your code easier to write, with fewer errors.

Google Web Designer 14.0.4.1108 changelog:

The Ad Validator now displays a warning when ads for Google Ads and AdMob exceed 600 KB in size, reflecting the new limit for these platforms.

Download: Google Web Designer 14.0.4.1108 | 1.3 MB (Freeware)
      Links: Google Web Designer Website | Screenshot

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      Google Web Designer 14.0.3.1020
      by Razvan Serea

Create engaging, interactive HTML5-based designs and motion graphics that can run on any device
      Google Web Designer is an advanced web application that's built with HTML5 which lets you design and build HTML5 advertisements and other web content using an integrated visual and code interface. Using Google Web Designer's design view you can create content using drawing tools, text, and 3D objects, and you can animate objects on a timeline. Once you're done creating your content, Google Web Designer outputs clean human-readable HTML5, CSS3, and Javascript.

When you create advertising creatives with Google Web Designer, you can use a library of components that lets you add image galleries, videos, ad network tools, and more.

Google Web Designer's Code view lets you create CSS, JavaScript, and XML files, using syntax highlighting and code autocompletion to make your code easier to write, with fewer errors.

Google Web Designer 14.0.3.1020 changelog:

The list of sizes for new video documents is grouped by orientation.

Video documents can now have custom dimensions.

Updated the Ad Validator to use the latest version of the AMP validator for AMPHTML ads.

Download: Google Web Designer 14.0.3.1020 | 1.3 MB (Freeware)

• By MJacobs
      Remembering Windows XP on its 20th anniversary
      by Moshe Jacobs

Earlier this month, Windows 11 saw an official release to consumers with a slow roll out. New features, redesign of the graphical user interface, and frustrations with the mandatory requirements to upgrade, such as TPM 2.0, makes someone a bit more appreciate of some of the "good old days" of operating systems.

While October 25th, 2021 marked the 20th anniversary for Windows XP, it also marked the flow of features that continued into future iterations of Windows as well. Built on the Windows NT kernel instead of the Windows 95 kernel, Windows XP was the evolution of both Windows Me and Windows 2000.

With widespread dissatisfaction with Windows Me, Windows XP brought with it notable improvements in reliability and performance. While the Start menu interface had been started with Windows 95 years earlier, it saw a marked improvement in customization and features. The Start menu was changed to include two columns; the left focusing on installed software, and the right providing ease-of-access to folders for documents, recent files/documents, pictures, music, and My Computer, among other important areas such as the Control Panel, Search, and Run.

Image via GCFGlobal Although the Start menu and Taskbar colors by default were slightly polarizing, the option to revert to a more classical appearance of the Start menu was available. Of course, the Start menu would continue through future iterations and versions of Windows XP and beyond, taking different form factors such as in Windows 8 and reverting back to more traditional appearances in Windows 10. Aside from the Start menu, the Taskbar was also able to group windows opened from the same application for the first time, and providing access to a contextual menu that would show each item that was grouped.

For the first time in Windows, Fast User Switching was implemented. This allowed multiple users to switch active accounts without having to close all open applications or log out, creating better workflows when returning to their session.

Image via between the lines In regards to performance improvements, Windows XP allowed for reduced startup and software launch times through the use of pre-fetching data. Other notable improvements included DirectX 8.1, implementation of ClearType font rendering on LCD displays, and improved system reliability with features such as System Restore.

Microsoft sold Windows XP in various editions throughout the years. From Home Edition, Professional Edition, and Windows XP Media Center Edition, Microsoft attempted to cater to more specific use-cases based on the intended consumer or business. For instance, a version called Windows XP Tablet PC Edition contained features specific to stylus/pen input. Additionally, catering to 64-bit architecture, Microsoft released Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Image via Bleeping Computer

The blueprint for better versions of Windows can be seen in the product architecture of Windows XP. While it is now 20 years old, it still provides Microsoft great reference points to build and improve upon. A supported TPM 2.0-free Edition anyone?

• By Copernic
      Google Web Designer 14.0.2.0928
      by Razvan Serea

Google Web Designer 14.0.2.0928 changelog:

Exported variants now preserve styles in HTML content.

Fixed issue where selecting a different variant added a keyframe.

Fixed issue where editing variant data added a keyframe.

Fixed issue where an extra frame was shown at the end of video preview playback.

Headers for exported variant data are now consistently named.

Download: Google Web Designer 14.0.2.0928 | 1.3 MB (Freeware)