Customer kills gunman during Jacksonville robbery attempt

It's not B.S, it's your belief that you need training in self defense to live. To say it's human nature to try to harm someone is completely false and it really depends on what kinds people you're interacting with.

So you live in a country where there is ZERO violent crime? No gangs beating up people no stabbings? Yeah o.k, telling me that its sad to prepare yourself for violent confrontations tells me you're the kind of person that lives a life of denial, the it cant/won't happen to me syndrome.Preparing for the worst is never a bad idea and to say otherwise is wrong.

So you live in a country where there is ZERO violent crime? No gangs beating up people no stabbings? Yeah o.k, telling me that its sad to prepare yourself for violent confrontations tells me you're the kind of person that lives a life of denial, the it cant/won't happen to me syndrome.Preparing for the worst is never a bad idea and to say otherwise is wrong.

Did I ever say there's zero crime? No. Of course there's crime but I just don't see the need to seek out training from ex-military personnel to live a normal life.

• Like 1

Did I ever say there's zero crime? No. Of course there's crime but I just don't see the need to seek out training from ex-military personnel to live a normal life.

Whats normal to you might not be normal to someone else.

Vigilantism is all fine and dandy until one of these times, the perp is able to grab a hostage before you decommission him. Now you're going to be in a position of giving up your weapon to save the life of a victim you needlessly put in harm's way and possibly giving up your own life in the process OR you're going to have to cause the death of the innocent victim in order to save your own life. Have fun, boys.

Vigilantism is all fine and dandy until one of these times, the perp is able to grab a hostage before you decommission him. Now you're going to be in a position of giving up your weapon to save the life of a victim you needlessly put in harm's way and possibly giving up your own life in the process OR you're going to have to cause the death of the innocent victim in order to save your own life. Have fun, boys.

In that case you're still up on the count since letting this perp go could mean the death or harm of many others.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

?He?s always been a marksman,? his wife said. ?He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he?s ever killed anyone and I don?t know how he?ll handle that.?

So why did he fire 2 shots?, If he is a so called marksman was the arm/leg too difficult for this marksman to go after? (yes i know moving targets etc)

Because most training programs tell you to shoot 2 to the body, 1 to the head. You don't shoot an arm or leg because then they come back to sue you. Criminals have sued their victims for years. Little did they know their greed is now writing their death sentence.

One thug off the street saving the taxpayers hundreds of thousands in legal fees and incarceration. Nice work grandpa!

I've watched a lot of armed robberies. I don't recall any hostage situations. That's hollywood hype. Thugs usually just threaten with their weapon. They want cash, not casualties. Sometimes they come in guns blazing. In either case, I'd rather be armed than defenseless.

I'll pray for your negotiation/ duck and cover type tactic. If we're ever in that situation, feel free to hide behind me.

?He?s always been a marksman,? his wife said. ?He shoots in competitions, but this is the first time he?s ever killed anyone and I don?t know how he?ll handle that.?

So why did he fire 2 shots?, If he is a so called marksman was the arm/leg too difficult for this marksman to go after? (yes i know moving targets etc)

Umm...probably because he shot someone who was armed. What the hell dude? Shoot someone who is armed in the leg and have them spray bullets all over the store? Are you mad? If you are going to shoot someone that is armed it better be a kill shot.