Peanut butter and jelly sandwich confiscated

Yeah, you're right. Since we're making kids deal with reality so that they'll be ready once they hit the real world, why don't we make them get jobs and pay taxes too? Screw the kids and screw giving them a safe and nurturing place to learn. I mean, it's not like kids will be kids, or like peanut allergies kill anyone.

You sounds like make them do work/know responsibilities and nurturing/learning are mutually exclusive.

I joked in this thread once and someone took it the wrong way and started personal attacks on me over it.

But all joking aside, children need to be safe at all times. When they are on the school campus, it is the schools responsibility to do so. Period. So what if the kids cannnot have pb&j on school grounds? Null issue on this one.

if a peanut can kill u stay the hell home y should we change our life because u cant have peanuts home school him or her and dont let them out side

its time for the people looking for the cure for canser to stop and cure peanut alergys because if they do they would save the world a billion dollers they wouldnt have to make peanut free anything.

or buy an island amd everyone who cant eat peanuts are stuck there for the rest of there lifes so us normal people can go on with there lifes

whats next a bully knows u have a peanut alergy and makes u eat one lol u are just screwed now

you can give it to someone my son just in the area of peanut products starts to have issues breathing. It is noticable. If he touched by someone who has eaten out handled peanut products his skin breaks out in minutes and his throat swells up. so yes there is a reason for no peanut products.

It is these sorts of comments that have changed my opinion on peanut bans. I love peanut butter, but if there are children who's life can be at risk just by breathing the stuff, well maybe it's a good thing to keep out of schools.

It's not hard to have a bit of compassion for other people.

• Like 2

It is these sorts of comments that have changed my opinion on peanut bans. I love peanut butter, but if there are children who's life can be at risk just by breathing the stuff, well maybe it's a good thing to keep out of schools.

It's not hard to have a bit of compassion for other people.

well when i went to school that was in the 80s no peanuts alergy was around so ask yourself how does someone get it i think is the pregent woman who eats a ton of peanuts lol so in the next ten years we will see the air alergy where the kid cant even go outside than what ban the air

lol wat

Simple really.

He is disgusted that anyone would eat Peanut Butter and Jello sandwiches, because here in Australia, what you call jello, is actually called jelly. He then goes on to ask if it is actually what we call jam. Which is a fruit spread made from fruit. Like rasberry jam, blueberry jam, marmalade etc. Fruit preserves or whatever they're called.

well when i went to school that was in the 80s no peanuts alergy was around so ask yourself how does someone get it i think is the pregent woman who eats a ton of peanuts lol so in the next ten years we will see the air alergy where the kid cant even go outside than what ban the air

I'm stoned off my ###### and I didn't even get a giggle from this, sorry.

Like a lot of different issues, in the 80's they were either not researched, not as common or whatever. Over time things change, so we as humans shouldn't be whinging that we have to move with the times. Should we start using asbestos in everything again? I mean, it's cheap, easy, and has many applications. Who cares if a few people die from the cancer it causes.

Maybe we start letting smokers smoke wherever they want too? I mean, it's only hurting a few people isn't it?

I think it's sad that people can't be more tolerant to other people's needs. Have peanut butter at home, don't make a big deal of it, how would you feel if you had to send your kid to school not knowing if they were going to breath some peanut and die?

I've seen someones throat close up and their skin break out in a rash just from touching someones hands who earlier handled a peanut product. So in my opinion this ban is fully justified.

Nut allergies are no joke and for people that are allergic it is a lot more serious than other allergies like cheese and dairy. Just breathing in the air around peanuts can cause a sever and life threatening reaction.

If you need an example of just how dangerous nuts can be look at the labels of some foods that are produced in a factory where peanuts are processed they put a warning on the label even if the food itself doesn't contain nuts as an ingredient.

That's the law in many countries. Kind of like poison warnings.

Interesting to note, here in Aussie we had a nationwide recall because a product didn't contain the warning. It was a product that actually contained nuts, so was very evident in the name, but yes, it's taken very seriously.

if a peanut can kill u stay the hell home y should we change our life because u cant have peanuts home school him or her and dont let them out side

its time for the people looking for the cure for canser to stop and cure peanut alergys because if they do they would save the world a billion dollers they wouldnt have to make peanut free anything.

or buy an island amd everyone who cant eat peanuts are stuck there for the rest of there lifes so us normal people can go on with there lifes

whats next a bully knows u have a peanut alergy and makes u eat one lol u are just screwed now

Wow.

well everyone in this world shouldnt eat any peanuts because we might bump into a stranger and he or she could die

now i know that it hasn't happien yet but

do we get charged with murder

does the family who the child or man or woman i killed have the right to sue

does nancy grace give us a full hour explaining how he did it

if u have any answers to all of this reply

well everyone in this world shouldnt eat any peanuts because we might bump into a stranger and he or she could die

now i know that it hasn't happien yet but

do we get charged with murder

does the family who the child or man or woman i killed have the right to sue

does nancy grace give us a full hour explaining how he did it

if u have any answers to all of this reply

would that say keep kid home

No that would say: Because you lazy ****s don't want to teach your kids to respect others, you cause everybody to lose the privilege of eating your precious peanut butter. So **** off. We're not going to risk getting sued because of you.

• Like 2

Bullies will be bullies no matter what. Not enough is being done to curb bullies. Parents have got to take a pro-active position in their childrens development. This bologna some parents spout "Oh no! My child would never do that!", is a cop out. I have heard it a million times. Come on parents! It's time for you to grow up and see that maybe your child isn't as "Angelic" as you think they are.

Even if all the schools ban PB, which is a good idea, there is still going to be that bully who is going to do something after school. Why? Because their parents are not pro-active. Raise your chlidren to treat others as they want to be treated. Look, I'm not saying that children raised in a religious/spiritual environments are not bullies. Bullies are in all types of atmospheres.

Now back on topic: I personally didn't think this was as big an issue as it actually is. But the schools are right in banning PB at school. But that doesn't mean that I agree with the statement of "Schools know best." Because in a lot of things they do not know what is best.

afik some people are so sensitive that they can become ill from inhalation

Inhaling a sandwich? That's a HUGE nose!

Seriously, though, there are kids with allergies to EVERYTHING. Milk, bee stings, peanuts, seafood, etc..

They have to draw a line somewhere and you they can only protect kids so much.

Inhaling a sandwich? That's a HUGE nose!

Seriously, though, there are kids with allergies to EVERYTHING. Milk, bee stings, peanuts, seafood, etc..

They have to draw a line somewhere and you they can only protect kids so much.

Indeed, and they draw the line at the one that's the biggest risk..

Being Lactose intolerant is generally mind, and requires drinking the milk.. Shellfish isn't common in schools at all.. I doubt they are releasing bee's in the school, etc.. Peanut Allergies are common, can be deadly, and can be caused by being too close to it, touching it, or eating it. It just makes sense for Peanuts to be banned.

• Like 1

Some parents believe allergy-free students shouldn't have to cater to a few kids' health sensitivities, particularly if it means cutting out healthy or low-cost snacks packed in their own child's lunchbox.

5n4Cj.png

Haha, oh wow.

for one my kids aren't the bullies and 2 if your kid is being bullied over your rare allergy u got what u going to do ban the bully or keep kid at home.

schools shouldnt have to give 99% of there resources to watching the 1% your kid because he cant have peanuts

man remember milk allergy they didn't ban milk

so 99 % of the world have to change for the 1% of the kids with peanut allergy i don't think so but in your eyes you kid is special if he is so special keep him at home because wherever he goes whatever he does someone on the planet may have eating a peanut that day and touch your kid by accident and he dies sorry kid but we cant police the world just for u stay the heck home

This discussion isn't worth having with someone who reads and writes at the same level as the children in the article.

Here's the nail in the coffin for this argument. Every restaurant that doesn't want to be sued to hell always has a disclaimer along the lines of "If you're allergic to peanuts, eating just about anything here might make you sick." The person then has a choice to go elsewhere. In school, the child HAS to be there. They can't refuse to go to lunch and most importantly can't control others who are there. Children are told not to pick their nose, hit each other, or run, yet they do all those things and you expect them to be responsible enough to make safe choices involving allergies?

If my kid had peanut allergies and someone, who was told he was allergic, caused him in to come in contact with them, I'd find every recourse possible. Same as if my kid did that to someone who had them. I don't believe in hitting but I'd probably slap my kid then and there as soon as somebody told me.

You don't **** with other people's lives just because it doesn't bother you. You're not that special and you're certainly not more important than anyone else on this earth.

• Like 2

for one my kids aren't the bullies and 2 if your kid is being bullied over your rare allergy u got what u going to do ban the bully or keep kid at home.

schools shouldnt have to give 99% of there resources to watching the 1% your kid because he cant have peanuts

so 99 % of the world have to change for the 1% of the kids with peanut allergy i don't think so but in your eyes you kid is special if he is so special keep him at home because wherever he goes whatever he does someone on the planet may have eating a peanut that day and touch your kid by accident and he dies sorry kid but we cant police the world just for u stay the heck home

Jesus!! Learn some punctuation.

Peanut products are banned from schools because kids can DIE from them. A milk allergy is completely ****ing different.

• Like 1

These are children. Yes, ban pb at school, we have to make sure they make it to adulthood. When they do, they will then understand, that as an adult, they cannot expect the same treatment. No company, retail store or any business will remove this product just because they are allergic. They can then, as an adult, take precautions themselves to prevent allergic reactions.

• Like 1

These are children. Yes, ban pb at school, we have to make sure they make it to adulthood. When they do, they will then understand, that as an adult, they cannot expect the same treatment. No company, retail store or any business will remove this product just because they are allergic. They can then, as an adult, take precautions themselves to prevent allergic reactions.

Actually there are companies which do ban Peanuts and such if someone has an allergy.. But your right, they can't Expect it.

As a child, maybe they know to avoid it, but you can't say the same of the other children.. As I said, there have been cases where children try to force someone who is allergic to eat it/have contact with it. They just don't know better and understand how dangerous it is at young ages.

Actually there are companies which do ban Peanuts and such if someone has an allergy.. But your right, they can't Expect it.

As a child, maybe they know to avoid it, but you can't say the same of the other children.. As I said, there have been cases where children try to force someone who is allergic to eat it/have contact with it. They just don't know better and understand how dangerous it is at young ages.

I have to somewhat disagree with your statement. You are partially correct, but there are some children who do know what will happen if they force someone who is allergic to eat/contact it and they just don't care.