Wii U preorder?

Unfortunately my Deluxe is not supposed to arrive until Wednesday or Friday. It has not even shipped yet so I cannot track it. However the good news is I have off from work Wed-Fri, so really hope it does arrive on Wednesday.

I do have the basic preordered as well at Gamestop which I can just go pick up on Sunday, Going to try and make a few bucks off it if possible from someone who really wants one.

I was not planning on doing so since I have it preordered, but now I am thinking of showing up at Gamestop a bit earlier than before opening, just in case somehow they have a couple of deluxes to upgrade to.

So I guess I won't be able to just walk into a store anytime soon and just pick up a Deluxe version huh? Wasn't planning to get one at launch, but my wife and I were at the mall yesterday and she played the demo unit at Gamestop, and fell in love with it. This morning she asked if we could get one lol.

Well, no big lines this morning when the stored opened... I was at FutureShop and BestBuy and at most, 10-15 person waiting in line. Stores open at 10AM here on sunday. Walmart was already open, but nothing much happening in the electronic part of the store, no feeling of excitement.

I have a feeling they won't be out of stock of the Wii U, unlike the Wii when it came out....

I came home with new jeans and t-shirt. That's all I needed. No Wii U for me.

I'll wait untill it drops to half price just after new years. heck I'll use it mostly to play old Wii games anyway since never bothered buying a non HD console, so then I can finally play some new Zelda.

I broke down and pre-ordered one. I said to myself I wasn't going to because its going to look weak when PS4 comes out but after watching ZombiU and NSMBWiiU Quick Looks on Giantbomb I really want one.

Getting 8Gb basic package with NSMB and the Remote/Nunchuck/Sensorbar Starter pack, I'm going to rent ZombiU, Skyward Sword and Mario Galaxy 2, been itching to play Skyward but couldn't justify getting a Wii just for one game.

Roll on Nov 30th.

It is not going to drop to half of its price after new years.

Shortly after it will, it's already being criticized as being over priced, and all the Nintendo fans will buy them from Christmas and as the supply of core Nintendo fans dries off after Christmas, Nintendo will drop the price to actual market price to keep selling, after all, their main audience is not the people willing to pay this much for a gaming console. And at this price they won't get their prime audience of millions upon millions of casual gamers that have even less money to spend on gaming machines after the so called economy crash.

Within gthe first quarter of next year, the price on the Wii U will dump like last years used socks.

I have a feeling they won't be out of stock of the Wii U, unlike the Wii when it came out....

All depends on how much more stock stores get, but they are technically all out of stock right now, at least in my area.

Indeed, lines were not long like they were for the Wii, but they were still there, and as of about a half an hour ago, every place in my area that did have them, no longer does.

So I think it was easier to get on launch then the Wii if you waited in line, but as of now, no one can just walk into a store and get one, at least from the calls I have made.

I got my Basic preorder this morning from Gamestop. Currently it is on Craigslist and have had someone already express interest.

Deluxe got shipped, but estimate says Friday, I am going to see if I can pick it up from the sort facility to hopefully get it on Weds.

I'll wait untill it drops to half price just after new years. heck I'll use it mostly to play old Wii games anyway since never bothered buying a non HD console, so then I can finally play some new Zelda.

Someone is dreaming if you think it will drop in price anytime in the first couple years

our walmart last night had 75 people in line for 40 systems :huh: last time I saw a line like that the XBOX 360 came out, there was about 100 people in line then for 60 systems... never got why the others stay in line, like someone is going to leave or something... that rarely happens

they had a whole 5 deluxe systems... and of course the 1st 5 people chose those over the basic

I was able to walk into Walmart around 11am today to snag the last Wii U they had. It's the basic system. I prefer a white console, and I don't really care about the extras. I can always upgrade the memory later.

Shortly after it will, it's already being criticized as being over priced, and all the Nintendo fans will buy them from Christmas and as the supply of core Nintendo fans dries off after Christmas, Nintendo will drop the price to actual market price to keep selling, after all, their main audience is not the people willing to pay this much for a gaming console. And at this price they won't get their prime audience of millions upon millions of casual gamers that have even less money to spend on gaming machines after the so called economy crash.

Within gthe first quarter of next year, the price on the Wii U will dump like last years used socks.

I would ask to see your crystal ball, but they did drop the price of the 3DS 5 months after it was released.

I love everything about this system. It was meh for awhile before I decided to try the single player focused ZombiU then it started picking up. After dinner I had friends over and we played the versus nintendo land games. It was fun but got crazy when we had a full 5 people going. This our mario party till we get a WiiU mario party. This console is made for groups of people. It can have great single player experiences but Nintendo will set it apart based on these party mechanics.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/18/3658130/nintendo-wii-u-review

that's unfortunate, it seems they have done a lot of weird things with the system that makes no sense, now I'm certainly waiting for a price drop. I can't believe they made such a disjointed experience just in the basic dashboard. There's no reason you should need to use the pad to launch the games, with the Mii thingy on the screen, as the review says if they're splitting them up like that, the launcher should be on the TV and the Mii on the pad.

Also frame drops ?... there is no reason this console should have frame drops.

You can switch the view from gamepad to the TV so you can launch games from the TV using analogue sticks and buttons.

As for frame drops, the 1st generation PS3/Xbox 360 games weren't exactly 30fps smooth, its going to take them a while to figure out the hardware and to start optimising games. Lets not forget most of these games are ports from other consoles with different architecture. The first party stuff is smooth as silk.