An open letter to *some* members regarding Jokes forum

I guess some people are jealous that others are happy... so they create "an issue that needs to be fixed" as in... they find it an "issue" when people are happier then they are... so they feel they have to resort to this to make themselves happier in this way rather then taking the high road and improving themselves.... weaklings.

like I say.... if you think that person A's stuff sucks I'd like to see you do better!

• Like 3

The thing is, those doing the complaining could be posting jokes to show us dullards how it is done. Instead, they sit back and criticize those who try to post.

Post jokes? I don't have time for that. I'm too busy attempting to decipher these puzzling unfunny jokes :p

Post jokes? I don't have time for that. I'm too busy attempting to decipher these puzzling unfunny jokes :p

run it thru google translate

• Like 3

Simple solution, give us the option to pick what forums are included in the minispy/forum posts area on the homepage..

People that don't care about social aspects, or news, etc, can just hide those areas of the sites.. People who do, can leave them included..

• Like 2

The problem isn't the posting in the forums. It's creating a thread like:

"Why did fred eat the apple?" with the content

"because he didn't have a potato"

it's posting for the hell of posting, it's not funny, its not contributing to the community. Those kind of posts are best kept to PM. While I am okay with the facepalm jokes that Turion and Warwagon post (for the most cases) it's the stupid posts that I dislike. The posts that contribute nothing other than to increase a post count, one line of random words, or an inside joke aren't needed. If you are actually providing something, a new avenue that's one thing, but to spam the board with nonsense makes the forums look bad.

That's just my thoughts though.

• Like 2

A lot of times the comments are funnier than the joke.

That much is certainly true, I sometimes get a good chuckle out of the comments that get posted after the absolutely shocking jokes i've seen.

• Like 2

You know, everyone has a different funny bone. What makes one laugh may not make others laugh. Planet Bob? Come on. I loved the series, but that part was not even close to being funny. So who gets to determine what's funny and what's not? I'm not saying I don't agree with certain things, because I do. The things that determine a ban shouldn't include a bad joke. A joke that is titled "Dog" and then answered with "Cat", isn't ban worthy, but it is worthy of a warning.

These warnings do pile up and when they reach the number for banning, then ban them.

But to ban for what others consider tasteless or unfunny, not cool.

• Like 3

You know, everyone has a different funny bone. What makes one laugh may not make others laugh. Planet Bob? Come on. I loved the series, but that part was not even close to being funny. So who gets to determine what's funny and what's not? I'm not saying I don't agree with certain things, because I do. The things that determine a ban shouldn't include a bad joke. A joke that is titled "Dog" and then answered with "Cat", isn't ban worthy, but it is worthy of a warning.

These warnings do pile up and when they reach the number for banning, then ban them.

But to ban for what others consider tasteless or unfunny, not cool.

exactly... this is what I said....

• Like 2

Maybe we could Vote on a Joke -- after 10 dislike votes, the joke is automatically Deleted PM'd to the OP on the hour every hour for a week. ;)

Yes, I'm ahead of my time.

Fixed that for ya ;) :p

• Like 2

Maybe we could Vote on a Joke -- after 10 dislike votes, the joke is automatically Deleted. ;)

Yes, I'm ahead of my time.

No, bad idea.

Fixed that for ya ;) :p

Yes, GREAT IDEA! :laugh:

Poor warwagon... His PM inbox will strain our servers... :D

Glassed Silver:mac

• Like 2

Wait, is this really pointed at Warwagon? So what if some members don't find his jokes funny, I don't but I wouldn't ban him from posting them. Jeez.

No, it's not pointed at warwagon, his jokes are jokes, it's pointed at the copycat(s) who are trying to be warwagon and failing

• Like 2

No, it's not pointed at warwagon, his jokes are jokes, it's pointed at the copycat(s) who are trying to be warwagon and failing

No, not even that I hope.

I think it's merely about posting spam.

Just spam literally.

As in stuff that doesn't even qualify as joke - neither good or bad or whatever.

Just as random bla bla trying to either derail the subforum, raising the post count or seeing how the community reacts.

Now, any joke, good or bad or even horrible, I think should stay the flip in there and we can actually just apply the usual "No Spam" rule.

I don't see how this needs such a big announcement, as I think we can just enforce the "No spam" rule and deal with it just like in any other subforum.

If people want to jump on the bandwarwagon (pun!), let them. At least they should show that they genuinely tried making people laugh, now topics like "Hello" and the first post being "Bye", that I would qualify as spam, a question in the title and a lame answer as punch(or lack thereof)line, that I think can stay.

Glassed Silver:mac