An open letter to *some* members regarding Jokes forum

I don't think anyone thought this was targeted at warwagon. He's a long time respected member.

He might post in the joke section, but the majority of his posts are elsewhere contributing to the community. He uses the jokes section for what it was meant for.

I diffidently think I am one of the individuals this thread was directed at, seeing how my last 2 posts in that forum got locked. So Unless someone high up tells me otherwise I am no longer posting in the jokes and funny section in fear i'm going to get banned.

• Like 2

Same here.... and I just found a ton of funny pics that would make anyone LOL...

another reason Big Eyes is on vacation... she isn't feeling very happy, thus the kitty paw is in placeholder.

Well if thats true, and Neobond doesn't appreciate your long term membership, then maybe this forum isn't worth using at all.

Forum is nothing without its members.

It's less about the long term membership, as all forum rules apply to everyone in the same way, it's much more that warwagon has become a forum legend for his "jokes" that constantly are funny by not being funny and at least triggering damn hilarious community responses.

He's a meme now, try to stop that and I think we lost all humor... in the Jokes section... to maintain it's "quality"...

Wow, I must go and smoke some strong stuff to get convinced of this being a logical procedure.

I hope that's not where we are headed and warwagon is not being targeted here.

Glassed Silver:mac

I diffidently think I am one of the individuals this thread was directed at, seeing how my last 2 posts in that forum got locked. So Unless someone high up tells me otherwise I am no longer posting in the jokes and funny section in fear i'm going to get banned.

I'm telling you otherwise !

Ok, I`m only standing on some ladders, but in my world, that means I am high up :p

WW, you are gold, the people spamming the jokes section are not aimed at you, you are the foundation in some sense (a good sense) , but not in any means the cause or the reason of the new rule.

EDIT - Let me explain it this way: When someone dresses up as Britney, wears lipstick, dances like a schoolgirl and attempts to break into her house and kidnap her underwear, it's not Britney's fault ;)

The attempts at warwagoning are even more hillarious and I think of them as "warwagon knock offs" just like the funny looking iphone knockoffs or when you got knockoff clothing that's spelt engrish...

they are like the engrish of the net and it's really funny...

and you got good knockoffs and bad knockoffs... that makes it even more colorful and neat.... you savor it all and just have a good time... like going to thrift stores and having a good cup of coffee and laughing at how bad some these jokes are makes you forget the world is a bad, evil place and you just start to appreciate more.

also if you can't see the good and bad in everyone than your soul has a loooooooong way to go!!!!!

• Like 3

I'm telling you otherwise !

Ok, I`m only standing on some ladders, but in my world, that means I am high up :p

WW, you are gold, the people spamming the jokes section are not aimed at you, you are the foundation in some sense (a good sense) , but not in any means the cause or the reason of the new rule.

EDIT - Let me explain it this way: When someone dresses up as Britney, wears lipstick, dances like a schoolgirl and attempts to break into her house and kidnap her underwear, it's not Britney's fault ;)

Then why were my last 2 jokes locked? 1 of which being a classic example of a warwagon joke

• Like 2

Then why were you my last 2 jokes locked? 1 of which being a classic example of a warwagon joke

Even Billy the Kid got shot in the ass at some point

Didn't stop him being Billy the Kid ;)

• Like 1

Even Billy the Kid got shot in the ass at some point

Didn't stop him being Billy the Kid ;)

yes but billy the kid also couldn't be turned off by a stroke of the keyboard.

• Like 1

yes but billy the kid also couldn't be turned off by a stroke of the keyboard.

He could be turned on by the stroke of a .... well... :p

Without warwagon we would be Neolose ;)

• Like 2

Some proposals:

1. Joke Nazis and Joke Police please rejoice in creating a closed subforum where only tested and good jokes that most can laugh about can be posted. Good luck in finding out how a joke will trigger most of our humor senses before even posting. (original, unpopular jokes... because otherwise you get a "old joke" thrown at you by some members :p) (Please note: I used those two terms in the beginning to poke a little fun ok? No offense! ^^)
  2. Leave warwagon alone for freak's sake. He's a legend, a meme and a long long standing member. I know rules are the same for everyone, but I truly think that a long standing member with some long standing traits can stay the way he is and not get poked away into some hidden "do it in your blog" section. After all, this member has contributed a significant amount of life time towards this forum, which is a honor for every forum I think and you can reward some of that. It's like how you treat all your friends equally, but try and succeed to understand your best and oldest friends' weird traits the best and most.
  3. I think we really should just go ahead and axe accounts that are used mainly for spamming, anything else, hand out warnings and proceed as usual. Too many warnings - ban. It's not that hard.
  4. If you need high quality jokes to lighten up and are easily distracted or annoyed by bad ones, here's a hint for you: a forum is the worst place to check for good jokes in that case. You only see whatever you just clicked on, whilst sites LIKE (same or different bucket of humor) 9GAG offer you quick scrolling through funny stuff, quickly moving on from the bad stuff, usually these sites are much more filtered and have a higher average quality of jokes (if you pick the right sites - addressing YOUR humor).
  5. Once you're happy enough to not get easily annoyed by a bad joke, come back.
  6. Finally make the Mini Spy super customizable. It's so annoying, every 2 months a new hot trending "I NEED THIS BANNED OUT OF THE MINI SPY" pops up. Jesus Christ, please work on making it almost completely customizable. Saves us ALL a LOT of nerves.

• Like 3

Then why were my last 2 jokes locked? 1 of which being a classic example of a warwagon joke

You're fine warwagon. Don' t worry about those two being locked. You can get away with the jokes you post. Me not so much apparenlty. Even when I try to post decent jokes.

Some proposals:

1. Joke Nazis and Joke Police please rejoice in creating a closed subforum where only tested and good jokes that most can laugh about can be posted. Good luck in finding out how a joke will trigger most of our humor senses before even posting. (original, unpopular jokes... because otherwise you get a "old joke" thrown at you by some members :p) (Please note: I used those two terms in the beginning to poke a little fun ok? No offense! ^^)
  2. Leave warwagon alone for freak's sake. He's a legend, a meme and a long long standing member. I know rules are the same for everyone, but I truly think that a long standing member with some long standing traits can stay the way he is and not get poked away into some hidden "do it in your blog" section. After all, this member has contributed a significant amount of life time towards this forum, which is a honor for every forum I think and you can reward some of that. It's like how you treat all your friends equally, but try and succeed to understand your best and oldest friends' weird traits the best and most.
  3. I think we really should just go ahead and axe accounts that are used mainly for spamming, anything else, hand out warnings and proceed as usual. Too many warnings - ban. It's not that hard.
  4. If you need high quality jokes to lighten up and are easily distracted or annoyed by bad ones, here's a hint: a forum is the worst place to check for good jokes in that case. You only see whatever you just clicked on, whilst sites LIKE (same or different bucket of humor) 9GAG offer you quick scrolling through funny stuff, quickly moving on from the bad stuff, usually these sites are much more filtered and have a higher average quality of jokes (if you pick the right sites - addressing YOUR humor).
  5. Once you're happy enough to not get easily annoyed by a bad joke, come back.
  6. Finally make the Mini Spy super costumizable. It's so annoying, every 2 months a new hot trending "I NEED THIS BANNED OUT OF THE MINI SPY" pops up. Jesus Christ, please work on making it almost completely customizable. Saves us ALL a LOT of nerves.

Make me a mod with banning privileges for an hour and I`ll fix every one of those points ;)

It takes some people longer than others to work out the cause of a problem :rolleyes:

you sir, just seem you have an egg up your ass about my posts.

Make me a mod with banning privileges for an hour and I`ll fix every one of those points ;)

NeoLose comes to mind....

warwagon posted a joke maybe once a week if even that, you spammed the crap out of the joke section, and ruined it for the rest of the forum.

two jokes a day? hardly spamming. I'm not the one who ruined anything. It's the negative replies that did it.

Most of that is not even practical.

Some of it is just personal advice and some of that are real suggestions to the staff and some of that is poking a little fun, showing how ridiculous some of the "I'm so annoyed by bad jokes!" is, because solving annoyance can be a glitchy or ridiculous ride once you step into a Joke subforum's waters.

Of course, the ban hammer can help sometimes, but damn... use it wisely.

in the past couple of weeks you created at least 33 topics there, not to mention your own replies to your own topics that say absolutely nothing. One day you replied many times with "how precious", or something weird like that.

In that same time, warwagon created 5.

http://www.neowin.ne...-cross-the-road

Prime example of a Turion joke and Turion responses.

Some of it is just personal advice and some of that are real suggestions to the staff and some of that is poking a little fun, showing how ridiculous some of the "I'm so annoyed by bad jokes!" is, because solving annoyance can be a glitchy or ridiculous ride once you step into a Joke subforum's waters.

Of course, the ban hammer can help sometimes, but damn... use it wisely.

Please don't get me wrong. I applaud your attempt at a solution. I'm just saying it seems to me most of it would be counter productive. imho.

I think the (individual) ability to hide certain sections from the spy would be good, if it is possible. Although would it maybe be possible for all threads in the jokes forum to be prefixed with a [joke] tag when they show in the mini spy? At least then people could choose not to view said posts.

in the past couple of weeks you created at least 33 topics there, not to mention your own replies to your own topics that say absolutely nothing. One day you replied many times with "how precious", or something weird like that.

In that same time, warwagon created 5.

That's about right. 14 x 2 = 28 (give or take 4) lol

What I don't get why all the anger? Stop reading my jokes.

http://www.neowin.ne...-cross-the-road

Prime example of a Turion joke.

oops I had a different link come up previously. That chicken joke was classic. :)

I think the (individual) ability to hide certain sections from the spy would be good, if it is possible. Although would it maybe be possible for all threads in the jokes forum to be prefixed with a [joke] tag when they show in the mini spy? At least then people could choose not to view said posts.

Isn't there a way to block the viewing of a member's posts? At least i recall back in the day on Neowin there was, at least I thought. Maybe that was Unreal Tournement....

Please don't get me wrong. I applaud your attempt at a solution. I'm just saying it seems to me most of it would be counter productive. imho.

Go on.

post-58560-0-24662600-1348943668_thumb.p

You Sir, need to stop warwagoning your examples....lol

Isn't there a way to block the viewing of a member's posts? At least i recall back in the day on Neowin there was, at least I thought. Maybe that was Unreal Tournement....

Yes, but Mini Spy and Full Spy are unaware of these settings.

They'll show it anyways.

It isn't the "jokes" that **** people off, it's those threads that aren't jokes, like when you start a thread called (and I can't remember exactly what it was) "Here You Go" or words to that effect, and the actual post is "Exactly".

You know, not exactly a joke and a lot of people class it as spamming.