Man shoots girlfriend over 'Walking Dead' argument

So that justifies letting everyone have a weapon?

What scares me more is you think killing someone is justified in most situations.

Someone breaks in. Kill them.

Someone mugs you. Kill them.

Someone tries to rape you. Kill them.

There are alternatives, rape alarms, pepper spray, etc..

These kinda fail as they require people to care about other people and the three acts you named tend to be commited by people the would could do without.

1. a Bomb

2. a Bomb

3. least personal way to kill someone? LOL wtf kind of question is that.

4. a knife can kill someone just as easily as a gun don't try to play that game and knives are plentiful and they are designed to slash cut and stab oh my!

5. that's right a gun can save a small person from a big person, to bad murder rape victims didn't have something to protect them.

There are ways to kill massive amounts of people without using a firearm.

guess i was wrong, even a redneck can't figure it out

Do you get stabbed, shot on a regular basis?

No but the idea that someone should only keep a rape alarm with them is funny. Hey stop raping me or ill press my rape alarm! A rape alarm would be a good compliment to actual forms of self defense.

I'm not sure where you're from where it's OK to shoot someone in the back just because they didn't leave right away, but it's not Earth.

Just had to quote this for the 100% truth it holds :D

No but the idea that someone should only keep a rape alarm with them is funny. Hey stop raping me or ill press my rape alarm! A rape alarm would be a good compliment to actual forms of self defense.

Yeah, people forget that for, say, most small women, there's very little stopping someone bigger and stronger from doing whatever they want >.<

The interesting thing about the US is that even if you don't have a gun/carry one on you, enough people do that it makes potential attackers think twice, since they don't know if you can fight back or not and don't want to take the risk. Doubly so if you walk confidently--they assume you have some good reason for it.

I only have an old rifle that I used to use for target practice with my cop-ex-husband, have no ammo for it and haven't touched it in years. But it is prevalent here, firearm sport is just another hobby and the vast majority use them responsibly and without any negative incidents. I think the culture and perspective of other countries is what causes these violent arguments--if you're brought up being told that something is bad and evil and forbidden, of course you aren't going to understand a place where that very thing is commonplace and not seen as a big deal. And vice versa.

• Like 1

Exactly and pretty much what ive bbeen saying for months. They will never understand, they just think we're blood thursty nuts over here but we're not. We enjoy the shooting sports and value self defense.

Well, it goes both ways too, you have to understand where they are coming from as well. It's hard to think of a good counter-example.

Not even close in "severity", but the only example I can think of at the moment, take the difference in words: if an American who had never seen much from any other country suddenly saw a TV program or listened to a Brit speaking they might be *horrified* by some of the words used, because they are much more obscene where they are from. But someone from the UK wouldn't see it as a big deal at all.

I wish there was more tolerance and understanding for other cultures around here--it would really make things a lot less volatile ;)

if an American who had never seen much from any other country suddenly saw a TV program or listened to a Brit speaking they might be *horrified* by some of the words used, because they are much more obscene where they are from. But someone from the UK wouldn't see it as a big deal at all.

LOL What?

LOL What?

I mean some words that are commonplace in the UK are totally different here... let's just say I've accidentally gotten myself in a lot of trouble before :laugh:

Exactly and pretty much what ive bbeen saying for months. They will never understand, they just think we're blood thursty nuts over here but we're not. We enjoy the shooting sports and value self defense.

Why will we never understand, Brits used to own guns before we realised that letting general public have guns is a recipe disaster after mass shootings and murders. It's not like weve never owned or never been able to own guns.

We wanted guns banned, the government didnt just take them away, we are just more civilised.

We wanted guns banned, the government didnt just take them away, we are just more civilised.

Because people committing knife crimes and breaking into shops with axes is so much more civilised.

Face it, there are outstanding citizens and there are scum in every country. Cultures and societal norms vary, human nature is constant.

I don't even care about this particular topic that much, I just get so tired of all the nationalism and bashing around here.

The same old rhetoric, "but but other things kill people too". Knives are banned from being carried in public and I guess Axes come under the same umbrella of an offensive weapon.

With knives and axes you might have a fighting chance, with guns you don't have to be close range to kill someone.

I mean some words that are commonplace in the UK are totally different here... let's just say I've accidentally gotten myself in a lot of trouble before :laugh:

Man you cannot beat what i did when i was young.

I was at an aquarium close to Boston (can't recall which one) and there was some Seals doing tricks. Seals in french is called Phoque. And it's pronounced almost the same way as the 4 letters word. I was tallking to my mom and was saying the word Phoque on a regular basis. All the families around us was looking at us in disbelief probably thinking my mom did not educate me for saying the 4 letters word on a regular basis like that. My mom was embarrassed and would keep telling me to not say Phoque. Back in the days i did not really understand why lol

With knives and axes you might have a fighting chance, with guns you don't have to be close range to kill someone.

Not sure what part of this hell hole you come from but i did once see a machete fall out of some one's trakie top and i'd just love to hear the plan you'd come up with to protect yourself from a person with one of those.

Why couldnt he just shoot Carl?? I CANT STAND THAT DUMMY!! I prey for him to be eaten every episode.

Be patient they need to keep content for the next season ;)

Perhaps I will. See how that works? You can't predict the future, stop pretending you can. Next week when your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend cheats on you and you catch them in bed and have a side arm sitting on the dresser next to the door, you can say with 100% certainty you wouldn't pick it up and fire away? If you say "That won't happen", you'd be lying because you don't know that it wouldn't.

You keep saying I am making you out to be all sorts of things. The truth is, it's all based on things you've said. Sorry.

Back again with your lies and circular logic I see.

You claim he cant predict the future, yet neither can you, despite your claims that he and every other gun owner is going to snap and kill someone.

In fact he is a far better advocate for his future than you ever will be, he controls his actions, I believe him far more than anyone else when it comes to "predicting" his future actions.

If only some people would take their own advice....

Or you could just learn something and take his.

So that justifies letting everyone have a weapon?

What scares me more is you think killing someone is justified in most situations.

Someone breaks in. Kill them.

Someone mugs you. Kill them.

Someone tries to rape you. Kill them.

There are alternatives, rape alarms, pepper spray, etc..

I wont commit to trying to comb through all of his posts, but I don't believe KingCracker or anyone here advocates outright killing someone as a goal in a self defense scenario, in any situation where a firearm is used in self defense, you shoot only with a goal of stopping the threat, nothing more.

Why will we never understand, Brits used to own guns before we realised that letting general public have guns is a recipe disaster after mass shootings and murders. It's not like weve never owned or never been able to own guns.

From what I can understand the lack of public resistance was from multiple factors, multiple decades of government encroachment and restriction of firearms ownership, and massive government propaganda campaigns in the 70's to late 80'S depicting overly graphic portrayals of gun violence and hyperbole regarding gun ownership. A brief read through your own history shows that for the most part, you have never really had access to anything meaningful, and your right to defend yourself was stripped away a long time ago.

Actually after reading that history of how the British government orchestrated what they did, I can appreciate how you came to your point of view a little better, If I had grown up in the UK and had it hammered in to me for all my life how terrible firearms and defending myself was, I would probably think I was right when I repeated everything the government told me to as well.

Your version of civilized means that bands of thugs are allowed to freely rob, assault, rape and murder whoever they wish with no fear of reprisal...doesnt sound terribly civilized at all.

• Like 1

technically, he asked her to leave and she didnt ... he then went and got the gun and shot her... he was within his rights to do so, regardless of how the situation came about.

Wow, that is a seriously scary response. :s

Back again with your lies and circular logic I see.

You claim he cant predict the future, yet neither can you, despite your claims that he and every other gun owner is going to snap and kill someone.

In fact he is a far better advocate for his future than you ever will be, he controls his actions, I believe him far more than anyone else when it comes to "predicting" his future actions.

Or you could just learn something and take his.

I wont commit to trying to comb through all of his posts, but I don't believe KingCracker or anyone here advocates outright killing someone as a goal in a self defense scenario, in any situation where a firearm is used in self defense, you shoot only with a goal of stopping the threat, nothing more.

From what I can understand the lack of public resistance was from multiple factors, multiple decades of government encroachment and restriction of firearms ownership, and massive government propaganda campaigns in the 70's to late 80'S depicting overly graphic portrayals of gun violence and hyperbole regarding gun ownership. A brief read through your own history shows that for the most part, you have never really had access to anything meaningful, and your right to defend yourself was stripped away a long time ago.

Actually after reading that history of how the British government orchestrated what they did, I can appreciate how you came to your point of view a little better, If I had grown up in the UK and had it hammered in to me for all my life how terrible firearms and defending myself was, I would probably think I was right when I repeated everything the government told me to as well.

Your version of civilized means that bands of thugs are allowed to freely rob, assault, rape and murder whoever they wish with no fear of reprisal...doesnt sound terribly civilized at all.

That is only if the rest of society is a bunch of do nothing ******* who wont help their citizens. When group of thugs with nothing but fist and maybe a knife assault a person, another group of citizens with the exact same defense can come about.

You should really start looking into all the posibilities that can come from something, instead of trying to fear monger your position.

Didn't think a person could be so ill-informed but you've proven me wrong.

• Like 1