Post Your Workstation Photos

imo those jerkers are the worst looking things around, and cheaply made.

586413225[/snapback]

Lmao, for $100, the Jerker is one of the best furniture purchases which I have ever made.

Ianmac, theyre great for console gaming :)

imo those jerkers are the worst looking things around, and cheaply made.

586413225[/snapback]

They are about as sturdy as desks come. A whole lot nicer than some prefab, heavy-as-your-momma partical board desk that falls apart after you move it a couple times. And I can speak on that as I have one. I'll be tossing it in favor of a Jerker when I move in about a month.

Yep, just drove 4hrs to Ikea today to pickup my jerker, thing is actually pretty nice and exactly what I wanted. You can't find "CHEAP" and minimal desks like this. Just finished putting it together thing is sturdy as hell and took only 5 min to put together.

IMG_2703.jpg

It's worst thing you can do on a forum. Not to mention drive up the bandwidth bill. Everyone want's to know why neowin's bandwidth bill is so high... it's from users constantly quoting the images, thus having the server to re-load them for everyone viewing the topic.

586411846[/snapback]

While I'll agree that quoting images is in fact annoying, the quoted images should already be cached on your machine, so there's really no bandwidth hit to the server that's hosting the image.

I don't get it how some of you can have such expensive systems but really REALLY crappy furniture, or taste in it at least... (referance to ikea)

586413406[/snapback]

Hey man, everybody has their own style and preferences. Ikea is great for those who prefer minimalistic furniture, but it caters to many preferences.

Having expensive systems has nothing to do with personal preference and taste.

How do you even go about making such a comparison? If something is cheap and fits my style, then why the hell shouldnt I buy it? Heck, my bed costs 2000$, so that invalidates your "i dont get" right there.

PS: that pc you see in my pic cost me $850. It plays all the latest games fine...and is not expensive at all. Speakers cost 30 (one of my best purchases ever!) , printer cost me $30...router cost me $30. Phones cost my parents 150...

heres how it looked before (with a 500$ desk) and after (with a 100$ desk)

post-63991-1124691075_thumb.jpg

post-63991-1124691140_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alpha2004

heres how it looked before (with a 500$ desk) and after (with a 100$ desk)

586413721[/snapback]

I love how the before picture is all messy while the after is clean :p

Oh, Ikea rules :)

-lieb39

ya, alpha's ikea desk looks like something I would use out in the garage for tools, but Timan's looks good

586413765[/snapback]

tinmans desk is a jerker

the left desk in my pic is a jerker

Im guessing your talking about the right desk. :ninja:

I don't get it how some of you can have such expensive systems but really REALLY crappy furniture, or taste in it at least... (referance to ikea)

586413406[/snapback]

i dont really like alphas jerker with the upper shelf, the outer struts look quite ugly. Like others have said timan's is the one to get, huge desk surface and minimalistic

but ikea furniture isnt crappy, its incredibly sturdy for how easy it is to assemble, and the material used for desk legs (steel i suppose) is very sturdy, can hold up a lot of weight. As a bonus the amount of furniture they move allows their prices to beat pretty much anything else in their price region.

SojIrOu, Thats a really nice looking desk!! I might have to finally replace my current desk with one of those!!

Imho ikea offers good furniture and great prices. The furniture lasts well and is in a price bracket affordable to most. Of course you could go out and buy a fine Italian wood desk that costs 1500 but you would spend all the time worrying about scratching it and this would in turn make you behave less frantically when playing CS. Then you wouldn't do very well, get kicked off your clan, descend into depression and finally be forced to commit suicide.

So ikea saves lives. Done.

Yeah actualy after seeing timans long light toped one I am more impressed, looks very nice. But I must say im not a fan of the shelf and I would prefer if there was a back panel inbetween the back 2 legs to hid some of the mess

hmm its a different jerker. i have long one without the two levels like tinman.

586413977[/snapback]

i was going to buy that desk, but then decided on a glass one instead.

edit: here are some new pics...not as clean as normal...

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Edited by StevoFC

We are looking at that samsung TV stevo, what are your views on it?

586416192[/snapback]

I love it. I definately recommend it.

I bought it a few weeks ago at best buy. since then the price went up $300 for some reason. but you don't live in the US so i don't know about the pricing there.

Regardless I would have still gotten it. It's great.

I love it. I definately recommend it.

I bought it a few weeks ago at best buy. since then the price went up $300 for some reason. but you don't live in the US so i don't know about the pricing there.

Regardless I would have still gotten it. It's great.

586416208[/snapback]

where u from?