Post Your Workstation Photos

This is the 'Rig Of Gods', aptly named by a drunken housemate on philosopher night (nostradamus show on TV, he gets wasted to it) Its a P3 Coppermine 735mHz that I overclocked to 810mHz, its down to 800 now because of some heat issues. Its a pretty nice machine with 512mb PC133 RAM, 35gb combined HDD space and a 128mb nVidia GeForceMX 4000 graphics card (christmas present, Im not complaining) Add in a Cambridge SoundWorks 4.1 surround speakers and a 17" Flatscreen Philips CRT monitor and you have a great, cheap, useful PC to use. And for all of you who ooh and ahh of the LCD and Plasma TV's, never forget your roots! I found this sucker beside the road, a box full of good tubes too. Works like magic.

post-54435-1125358602.jpg

post-54435-1125358654.jpg

This is the 'Rig Of Gods', aptly named by a drunken housemate on philosopher night (nostradamus show on TV, he gets wasted to it) Its a P3 Coppermine 735mHz that I overclocked to 810mHz, its down to 800 now because of some heat issues. Its a pretty nice machine with 512mb PC133 RAM, 35gb combined HDD space and a 128mb nVidia GeForceMX 4000 graphics card (christmas present, Im not complaining) Add in a Cambridge SoundWorks 4.1 surround speakers and a 17" Flatscreen Philips CRT monitor and you have a great, cheap, useful PC to use. And for all of you who ooh and ahh of the LCD and Plasma TV's, never forget your roots! I found this sucker beside the road, a box full of good tubes too. Works like magic.

586450881[/snapback]

holy hell, enough icons?

holy hell, enough icons?

586450985[/snapback]

lol i was just thinking that :p But i used to have mine like that constantly and couldnt keep em undercontrol, but now i have a strict regime of just about 2 - 5 lol

lol i was just thinking that :p But i used to have mine like that constantly and couldnt keep em undercontrol, but now i have a strict regime of just about 2 - 5 lol

586451115[/snapback]

meh i got about 1 icon and you can guess that one.

New layout with crazy new monitor. See the difference!

Old... with big screen and old keyboard and mouse.

New... with 20" Apple screen, new keyboard, and new mouse!

WOWOW!!

post-365-1125371313.jpg

post-365-1125371325.jpg

New layout with crazy new monitor.  See the difference!

Old...  with big screen and old keyboard and mouse. 

New...  with 20" Apple screen, new keyboard, and new mouse!

WOWOW!!

what keyboard are you using? The new one, the one on the right?

what keyboard are you using?  The new one, the one on the right?

586451691[/snapback]

I'm using the Logitech DiNovo set. The one with the small laptop mouse. I got the MX1000 mouse separately (before the DiNovo media desktop). The DiNovo media desktop includes the MX 900 mouse, which isn't quite the MX 1000.

I'm using the Logitech DiNovo set.  The one with the small laptop mouse.  I got the MX1000 mouse separately (before the DiNovo media desktop).  The DiNovo media desktop includes the MX 900 mouse, which isn't quite the MX 1000.

586451699[/snapback]

Thanks for a fast response.

The mx900 has its own BT cradle to connect to the pc, right. Is it(keyboard) using the same cradle to connect to the pc or its own usb wireless connector? This is a stupid question but how do you charge the battery?

Thanks for a fast response.

The mx900 has its own BT cradle to connect to the pc, right.  Is it(keyboard) using the same cradle to connect to the pc or its own usb wireless connector?  This is a stupid question but how do you charge the battery?

586451777[/snapback]

The MX 700, 900, 1000 mice all connect to the PC using a cradle. The cradle is also where the mouse recharges.

The DiNovo wireless set that I have connects using a USB transmitter, which I keep close with the included extension. HOWEVER, if you have the DiNovo wireless desktop, then you just have the cradle to connect to the PC, which works for both the keyboard and mouse, and also charges the mouse. The keyboard on both sets use AA batteries.

The MX 700, 900, 1000 mice all connect to the PC using a cradle.  The cradle is also where the mouse recharges.

The DiNovo wireless set that I have connects using a USB transmitter, which I keep close with the included extension.  HOWEVER, if you have the DiNovo wireless desktop, then you just have the cradle to connect to the PC, which works for both the keyboard and mouse, and also charges the mouse.  The keyboard on both sets use AA batteries.

586451791[/snapback]

correct me if Im wrong but the mx900 uses bluetooth, while the mx700 and mx1000 uses a different kind of wireless connection, right? Coz when I was searching for a BT mouse, the mx900 is the only one that shows.

correct me if Im wrong but the mx900 uses bluetooth, while the mx700 and mx1000 uses a different kind of wireless connection, right?  Coz when I was searching for a BT mouse, the mx900 is the only one that shows.

586451808[/snapback]

Correct. The MX900 is a bluetooth mouse, while the other two are standard wireless. However, the MX1000 is a laser mouse.

Correct.  The MX900 is a bluetooth mouse, while the other two are standard wireless.  However, the MX1000 is a laser mouse.

586451822[/snapback]

I use this mouse, it's nice but the extra buttons don't work for me in games or on the web for the most part :(

Little upset, I dropped it now it has a gash in it. :/

mine :p

post-54897-1125402248_thumb.jpg

post-54897-1125402310_thumb.jpg

- AMD32 box

- 512 ram

- Radeon9600 Pro

- old crt monitor. raplacing by a new LCD this week.

a case:

img15640mg.jpg

Edited by RaiderOnline

mine :p

- AMD32 box

- 512 ram

- Radeon9600 Pro

- old crt monitor. raplacing by a new LCD this week.

a case:

OMG what case is that I LOVE it!!! :woot:

dl0711: Thats one hell of a docking station for your Compaq :laugh: Is that an R3000 or R4000 series?

586429171[/snapback]

LOL thanks..

its the r3000 i do have an r4000 in Toronto at my Mothers place

what i used to make it

- 2 x Hardwood Look-a-like Floor Tiles

- Crazy Glue

- 2 Old Printer Stands

- 8 Screws

Have NO Prob with heat what so ever since i made it.

16bo1.jpg

29tp.jpg