Pepsi-Chicken Flavored Lay

If you take a walk down the chip aisle, you?ll quickly notice that Lay?s enjoys messing around with different flavored potato chips like its BLT flavor and Spicy Ketchup, to name a few.

Folks in China will have a chance to try the newest flavor consisting of Pepsi-Cola and Chicken. Yes, you read that right, both flavors mixed into one.

The concept of Pepsi and chicken isn?t exactly new as cola seems to be commonly used in Chinese cooking, so the chip flavor makes sense in that perspective.

As far as the brand fusion between Pepsi-Cola and Lay?s potato chips, it?s all in the family of PepsiCo, so there?s no surprise there either.

Lay?s launches a new flavor every year and Pepsi Chicken appeared to be its biggest one in China so far.

Adage described the flavor as, ?Similar to barbecue with a sugary aftertaste.? They also said there?s very little Pepsi taste other than a hint of fizzed out soda. Sounds like Pepsi to me! #TeamCoke.

PepsiCo has been making a big push in China, as in 2010 it made a three-year, $2.5 billion investment.

Source

There are certainly some odd chip flavors out there.... the 2 I think I will never try.. ketchup and pickles..

I've also always stayed away from the ketchup ones. Sounds awful. I was brave not too long ago and bought some of the pickle ones. If you like pickles, they actually aren't bad. Pretty similar tangy flavor as the salt & vinegar ones. They are actually pretty good on deli sandwiches. You get a pickle flavor and a bit of crunch. :)