F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

Maybe Ferrari's keeping an eye on him? Stefano Domenicali said last week about their future lineup "...we need good results from Felipe, so that's why we will not rush as we have to make the right decision for the team." I'm betting they finally get fed up and get rid of him after this season's over. Doubt they'll replace him with H?lkenberg though unless he pulls off a blinder in the last half of the season. Maybe if he just finishes ahead of Ricciardo in the standings, seeing as Sauber and Toro Rosso use the same (Ferrari) engine, they're on fairly level ground, and Daniel's off to Red Bull next year.

Bear in mind, since Sauber have had an awful year, they may consider last year's performance too, and that was outstanding.

Bear in mind, since Sauber have had an awful year, they may consider last year's performance too, and that was outstanding.

Good point. (Y)

Massa was set to do a practice start at the end of the session when he stopped beyond the white line at at the end of the pitlane right after the red light signalling the end had come on.

The stewards found Massa to have crossed the while line after the session was over, breaching article 31.3 of the sporting rules.

Ferrari was fined after it was found to have released Massa too late to reach the end of the pitlane before the red light came on.

"The driver made every attempt to stop when seeing the red light, however the team made an error in releasing the car with insufficient time remaining in the session. No sporting advantage was gained," said a stewards' statement.

Another snoozefest, this championship will probably be all over with 3 or 4 races to spare. Someone really does need to step up to the plate next year and challenge them.

Another snoozefest, this championship will probably be all over with 3 or 4 races to spare. Someone really does need to step up to the plate next year and challenge them.

It's practically over already, like Eddie Jordan said earlier. Vettel's 53 points ahead of Alonso and Red Bull's 104 points ahead of Ferrari. OK, there's still seven races to go and a few retirements can suddenly change that, but let's be honest, it's pretty unlikely. It's gonna be 2011 all over again.

It's practically over already, like Eddie Jordan said earlier. Vettel's 53 points ahead of Alonso and Red Bull's 104 points ahead of Ferrari. OK, there's still seven races to go and a few retirements can suddenly change that, but let's be honest, it's pretty unlikely. It's gonna be 2011 all over again.

Ferrari should just have Massa collide with Vettle a few times when Alonso is having a good race.

Ferrari should just have Massa collide with Vettle a few times when Alonso is having a good race.

I think you have Formula 1 confused with NASCAR.

Hnnnnnggffhh... What? Oh the race is finished? Did I miss anything? No? Oh good. I guess I must have drifted off.

Driver of the day - Jean Alesi for the over-the-top hugs on the podium.

Reject of the race - Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean both failed to hit anyone so no RotR today.

Reject of the race - Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean both failed to hit anyone so no RotR today.

Guess you sleeped through the start and missed Di Resta's cockup. :P

Got bored with this one. I'm sure RB wanted to make it sound like Vettel struggled by saying he had a bad flat spot :laugh:

I'm hoping next year will be closer. It'll be the first year for a while where the cars are not evolutions of the previous because of the new engines.

I had high hopes for Di Resta at the start of the season but he just doesn't seem consistent at all. If his car isn't breaking down, he is binning it.

Guess you sleeped through the start and missed Di Resta's cockup. :p

That was Paul locking up on his own then not being able to hit the brakes before he went into the back of another car ;) I think it was Grosjean's tailpipe he went up, but it wasn't Grosjean's fault... for once  :rofl:

Very happy with the result. Monza was supposed to be Ferraris best and redbulls worst track because ferrari engine is much more powerful and also the car is a bit more reliable. But: vettel this year even more so is the best and most complete driver on the grid. Qualifying and race. With webber alone redbull would be nowhere.

Also interesting things going on the driver market we will hearmore about it the next few days.

Ferrari F1 team admits 2014 driver line-up decision not easy

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali says his outfit faces a difficult choice in deciding who will drive for it next year.

Although there has been increasing speculation that Ferrari will replace Felipe Massa with Kimi Raikkonen, Domenicali insists that no decision has been taken yet.

However, ahead of talks at Maranello to sort out his team's plans, he admits that making a call on the driver situation is a tough one.

"This is something we want to take at the appropriate time, to make sure that we take the best decision for our team," Domenicali said.

"I think the fact that we have not decided yet means we have to put all the elements on the table.

"We want to put all the considerations there before taking the right decision.

"We will announce and say something on that as soon as we have finalised it. It is not an easy decision for us."

BACKING FOR ALONSO

A potential return of Raikkonen to Ferrari has even prompted talk that Fernando Alonso's future at the team is not guaranteed.

There has been tension between Alonso and Ferrari in recent weeks, but Domenicali is convinced that the Spaniard remains the right man for Maranello.

"There is no doubt that Fernando is a leader, and Fernando with a Ferrari is moving the mountains," he said.

"Fernando knows that very, very well. We stay focused on the objective that we have, which is basically to win together."

Source: Autosport

There are a LOT of rumors all arround the Internet now that alonso will leave Ferrari and go with Santander back to lotus. RTL runs it already as a fact.

The only way this year's silly season could become any sillier would be if someone suggested a return of MSC to the sport...

I think it would be silly for Alonso to move to Lotus.

Next season will almost be a clean slate for teams because of the change of engines.

Just cause Lotus are quick and reliable this year, doesn't mean they will be next year. Look at McLaren when they tried a new car this year :laugh:

Very happy with the result. Monza was supposed to be Ferraris best and redbulls worst track because ferrari engine is much more powerful and also the car is a bit more reliable. But: vettel this year even more so is the best and most complete driver on the grid. Qualifying and race. With webber alone redbull would be nowhere.

Also interesting things going on the driver market we will hearmore about it the next few days.

Ferrari engine is not much more powerful. It's just a bit more powerful, specially for high revs top speed.

Renault is a more flexible engine, and good at acceleration.

I think it would be silly for Alonso to move to Lotus.

Next season will almost be a clean slate for teams because of the change of engines.

Just cause Lotus are quick and reliable this year, doesn't mean they will be next year. Look at McLaren when they tried a new car this year :laugh:

It's the same for every team.

The next few days could be very interesting.