F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

To be honest, desperate to see anyone other than Vettel win, just to raise everyone's hopes. 

Me too, to be honest. I've actually stopped watching F1 over the last few races. I'm just sick of Vettels dominance. At least Schumacher was a sort of pantomime villain in the sport - Vettel has none of that sort of character. It's beyond dull.

Looking predictable for tomorrow.

I still don't think Merc have the race pace to take the fight to Red Bull. Race pace wise, i think they're 3rd maybe 4th on the grid.

any update on the weather front? ive heard rain might be possible for tomorrow.

Pathetic display by the Korean marshalls with both the safety car and what looked like Webber having to instruct them how to put out the fire.

Definite man of the race.... Hulkenberg

Finally a race worth watching!

Reject of the race has to go to Maldonado for managing to get overtaken by four cars in one corner.

Finally a race worth watching!

Crofty, is that you? :p It only got interesting when the safety cars came out!

Crofty, is that you? :p It only got interesting when the safety cars came out!

Nah, there was plenty of racing going on throughout unlike the previous several races. Obviously things got more exciting after the safety cars.

that race wasnt bad. lotus was relatively close to redbull, especially after the safetycar and i thought if tire problems occur it would be redbull suffering before lotus so there was maybe a small chance.

people here know that i am not a mark webber fan but today he was really really the one getting all the bad luck. could have finished 2nd, but instead he catched perez debris and had to pit 1 lap after his pitstop again. i cant remember such a relatively slow collision where the oil pump/cable gets cut through and the car catches fire ...

great racing between h?lki, hamilton and alonso at the end.

Jules Bianchi and Charles Pic will have ten-place grid penalties for the Japanese Grand Prix after collecting their third reprimands of the season.

Both were reprimanded for failing to slow sufficiently when yellow flags were shown during the Korean Grand Prix.

For both, it was their second reprimand of the weekend and their third in total following other infractions earlier this year. They will therefore receive ten-place grid penalties for the next race at Suzuka.

Their team mates Max Chilton and Giedo van der Garde also picked up reprimands after the stewards found they failed to slow sufficiently when the Safety Car was first deployed. Van der Garde was separately cleared of going too quickly through a yellow flag area.

The stewards took no action over two incidents involving Sergio Perez, one involving Felipe Massa and another with Paul di Resta, ruling that ?no driver was determined to be wholly or predominantly to blame? for either.

Adrian Sutil was also cleared over his collision with Mark Webber. The stewards ruled the Force India driver ?did not brake later than the drivers around him?, adding ?his brakes locked causing him to lose control?.

Quick stat, afaik if Vettel wins the next race (likely), and Alonso finishes < 9th, that's game for the WDC.

Quite an enjoyable race. Circuit encourages overtaking so you get some nice battles.

Reject of the race. Sutil for ruining Webbers race.

Didn't Korea want to tweak their deal to get more money? I think after the fire truck decided to race Vettel. Those hopes have been dashed.

Might have been excused if it was a massive fire and was really dangerous but instead it was already out.

according to german newspapers ross brawn is going to leave mercedes at the end of this year and is on his way to mclaren-honda.

The front also looks like the current cars nose has melted.

Something suspicious about those wheels... was he running those on sunday? :huh:

No - looking at the design of the car, it's a picture from several years ago by the looks of things! Evidently not the first time that Webber has been in a flaming Red Bull :)

Ah - after a quick Google it happened in Saturday practice at the Shanghai grandprix in 2008! :)