F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

That has to be a joke. Does Taki Inoue feed have anything serious on it?

Once in a blue moon it does. It's all still rumours at the moment, so yeah, take his tweet with a pinch of salt, but don't be surprised if it's true; Sky Sports did report at the beginning of the month Force India offered him a two-year deal.

Webber will not see out the year's F1 commitments.

Mark Webber will slam the door shut on his Formula One career straight after his final race in Brazil on Sunday. He joins Porsche on Monday morning to spearhead the company's attack on sports car racing and will test its all-new Le Mans challenger before Xmas.

Webber has been given an early release from Red Bull Racing and had a top-secret seat fitting at Porsche's race base at Weissach in Germany last week. He had been expected to continue his F1 commitments until the end of the year but an early exit has been arranged, possibly helped by a personal sponsorship deal with Red Bull that continues into his new career with Porsche.

"We are very lucky that Mark will join us one day after the Formula One race in Sao Paulo," the CEO of Porsche, Matthias Muller, reveals exclusively to Carsguide. "I met him last week when he had the seat fitting. We are very happy to have him."

Webber will lead Porsche's attack and was targeted by the company more than a year ago to lead its return to Le Mans, a race it has won a record 16 times. He made the decision to retire from F1 and switch to sports cars during the off-season break and revealed his decision to friends and family before he started the Australian Grand Prix in March.

Webber has had a difficult time at Le Mans, failing to start in his first effort at the twice-around-the-clock French classic with Mercedes-Benz in 1998 after an engine blow-up and then back-flipping twice in 1999 in a Benz that was too fast and flighty for its own good. He was lucky to escape without injury from two massive shunts where he could easily have been killed.

This time around, Muller says Porsche is doing everything it can to be successful next June, starting from an early test with Webber.

"I suppose it is in December," he reveals. But the company will be up against its big brother in the Volkswagen empire, the Audi prestige brand that has won Le Mans 12 times, and Toyota.

"Of course, we expect that we are competivie but we have to say that with Audi and Toyota we have strong competition. They have a lot of experience," Muller says. "We have a very fast car and a very good drivers' team, so we have to see what happens. Of course, we want to be competitive and we will see during the race whether it is possible to win.

Porsche has yet to reveal its full driving roster for Le Mans, but there is likely to be a strong Anzac connection with young New Zealader Brendan Hartley in strong contention for a place alongside Webber. He has already tested for Porsche and had been a member of the Red Bull Junior squad, rising to an F1 test driver with Toro Rosso, before being passed over by the team's talent spotters in favour of Daniel Ricciardo, the young Aussie who replaces Webber next year at Red Bull Racing.

Best of luck, Mark. Many have been waiting for someone to dethrone Audi at Le Mans; it'd be pretty sweet if he did it.

FP3's about to start in Brazil, so here's the results from the other two practice sessions...

post-151617-0-56778800-1385211488.png

post-151617-0-64682900-1385211499.png

Still wet today, and there's a chance it'll continue to the race tomorrow, so maybe, just maybe, we could end up something similar to ten years ago...

while having stopped counting the 10mins delays i just realized that bottas is the only good looking f1 driver these days... :huh:

i have tears in my eyes. vettel is not only a hero, a fighter but also a history-maker and a true legend. dont get me wrong, folkz, you dont have to like this guy personally. but i have learnt. i following f1 since the 90s, have watched basically every race - with 2 or 3 exceptions - since 96 and was the heaviest and strongest shuey hater you could find. reasons? i know them now but they are gone.

you have to salute to super-seb. awesome driver. redbull has really really hit the jackpot with that guy. he is not about the money. he probably earns less than massa or rosberg. he is not buying a yacht but prefers to go swimming (his own words).

if - and thats an if - he can keep his modest and down to earth way of doing things, shueys 7 titles are in heavy danger now. i just think of myself. if i would become an f1 driver, lets say i get the right car, win a title or even 2, get the money i ever wish, probably i WOULD buy a yacht, i would doing silly photoshootings for wannab model agencies, record a rap album, would drive the best ferrari, the best mercedes and lambo sportscar, would engage in heavy parties, etc. etc.  would grow an ego. sure it would influence my driving and performance. badly. see raikkonen. see alonso. see hamilton. ...

someone said about seb he is like a trophy. you take him out on thursday and put him back on his place sunday. deal done. and thats the way it is.

happy to see webber on the podium on his last race and massa in the points - the drive through was so ######in unneded. sure, you cut kerbs or corners over the white line, there you gain some time. but during a full acceleration phase? you dont have to be a physic or mathematic to see that felipes penalty was dead wrong today.

unsure about hamilons. mercedes really tried their best today to hand the 2nd wdc to ferrari. i even half-expect a bad word from hami or rosberg after the race to get a DQ and hand ferrari stil the 2nd place.

alonso? sore loser. he finally is back on the podium and avoids to smile?! probably he knows he will have to beat lucky niki lauda ow to ever win a title again, so thats why...

button: kinda man of the race for me. i so hoped it would heavily shower the last 10 laps then button sure would have made to the podium. on mixed conditions if i was a team-boss i would ONLY put seb and button in the car. no one else.

that b*atc* now doing the winner intveriws on the podium. did already those pre-race, grabbed sebs hand and feet and what else. thats really what you should not do. seb refused ofc. and probab she is only after the money.

man of the race: bottas! gillette should give him every single cent of their corporate income. this guy is the only one these days knowing how to use a shaver and have a haircut. :)

Personally, both Perez and Button had fantastic races, McLaren really pulled something out of the bag here, since they looked strong throughout the race. Ignoring the sheer pace of Seb letting him get away with a pitstop error the rest of the battles throughout the pack were interesting and great watching.

Great final race for Mark too, definitely went better than DC's did.  :laugh: