Only 34 hours? I was at 60+ before I moved on to Skellige.  :wacko:

I'm playing on death march though, don't know if that makes much of a difference.

Is there something that keeps track of how long you have played?

Only 34 hours? I was at 60+ before I moved on to Skellige.  :wacko:

yeah, it am not sure the meter is correct either.  i though it was just the extra time i reloaded, but then i remembered i played for like 5 hours one night, and the next time i loaded the timer did not show such difference.

a bug perhaps?  i have completed every witcher quest.   i did skip EVERYTHING related to races and that card game, i also skipped most fistfights. 

so maybe they take a lot of time for people.

i wanted quests with some new story, not cards or horse races. (man i have the controls on that horse.  i don't member DA:I races to be that BAD.

yeah, it am not sure the meter is correct either.  i though it was just the extra time i reloaded, but then i remembered i played for like 5 hours one night, and the next time i loaded the timer did not show such difference.

a bug perhaps?  i have completed every witcher quest.   i did skip EVERYTHING related to races and that card game, i also skipped most fistfights. 

i wanted quests with some new story, not cards or horse races. (man i have the controls on that horse.  i don't member DA:I races to be that BAD.

Why skip fist fights?  They are really easy.

there is character info screen, with all your stats. shows the time you played in days/hours/minutes.      as i said, it seems to be suspiciously off for me.  but i can't tell you, if it is only a few hours, because of reloads, or much much longer

i tend to get so lost in the game, i have no idea of the time.... hard to judge.

Yeah. If you look at your character sheet while in your inventory your can see your play time. At least that's where I remember it being, I haven't look in a while.  :laugh:

On the pc it's the C button while in your inventory. Couldn't say what it is on console.

Don't know what to tell you but most people I've heard talk about it say the average play through will be 60+ hours. And easily pushes into 100+ hours if you explore everything and track down every secondary quest. Which is what it's looking like it'll be for me.

I feel like maybe you skipped a lot to finish the game in only 35 hours.

Why skip fist fights?  They are really easy.

and boring?  where is the fun?  pretty basic strategy is needed.   

card game is much more complicated, but i just did not feel like getting into it.    maybe a mistake?

Wow...says I played for 6 days...haha.  I found most of the ? places and a bunch of side quests.  And I only at most play a few hours at a time as a way to unwind at work.  So yea, not sure how accurate it is.

and boring?  where is the fun?  pretty basic strategy is needed.   

card game is much more complicated, but i just did not feel like getting into it.    maybe a mistake?

Look online and get all the cards you can from the merchants.  Then start playing people.  Easier that way.  I hatted it at first but now am to the point where I can do the High Stakes quest. 

Wow...says I played for 6 days...haha.  I found most of the ? places and a bunch of side quests.  And I only at most play a few hours at a time as a way to unwind at work.  So yea, not sure how accurate it is.

Look online and get all the cards you can from the merchants.  Then start playing people.  Easier that way.  I hatted it at first but now am to the point where I can do the High Stakes quest. 

Are you on a console? And if so do you leave it running while at home? That might explain it a bit. 

And I only at most play a few hours at a time as a way to unwind at work.

AT work?  :huh:  or after work?

because if get to play even a few hours of witcher while at work getting paid... then something is :shifty:

Are you on a console? And if so do you leave it running while at home? That might explain it a bit. 

I used to the first week or so.  Now I completely exit out of the game since if I didnt, I could not save my game.  Stupid bug where if you leave the game running, keeps saying you cannot save.  So I did a bunch of stuff a couple times only to not be able to save and lose a lot of work

AT work?  :huh:  or after work?

because if get to play even a few hours of witcher while at work getting paid... then something is :shifty:

Typo...meant afterwork.  There is a X1 in a room at work tho .

Question, after

you say bye bye to Tris and she sails away, are you screwed over in all the quests that give you magical items for Marigold to decipher?

I couldn't say for sure. I think Yennefer can identify some of them too. But I haven't verified if that's true or not.

ok. i bought the game through GOG.   the GOG time is showing 28 hours, and all witcher quests done and game completed.  character screen is showing about 34 hours

definitely something is incorrect with that reporting. my fair guess would be about 50 hours, do be honest.  doubt it was much longer, but not <35 hours, and definitely not 28 hours... as Galaxy client is reporting.

ok. i bought the game through GOG.   the GOG time is showing 28 hours, and all witcher quests done and game completed.  character screen is showing about 34 hours

definitely something is incorrect with that reporting. my fair guess would be about 50 hours, do be honest.  doubt it was much longer, but not <35 hours, and definitely not 28 hours... as Galaxy client is reporting.

What do you mean by witcher quests? You mean the ones to collect the witcher gear? 

Because there are hundreds of secondary quests. Some are very long and take many hours to complete and others are short and only take a few minutes to complete.

Like I said I was at 60+ hours before I even entered Skellige. And I haven't even explored half the ? in the Velen.

Edit: Okay maybe hundreds is an exaggeration.

What do you mean by witcher quests? You mean the ones to collect the witcher gear? 

witcher contracts. the ones with monsters and trophies ;)

and i have no secondary quests left, that are not related to card game, fighting, or horse racing....

no more fun quests with story...

Oh. Those are only half the secondary quests in the game.

Quoting myself now.

and i have no secondary quests left, that are not related to card game, fighting, or horse racing....

so yeah.  Not missed out on any secondary missions other then CARDS, FIST FIGHTS, HORSES. 

i am ok with missing out on them though.

OK. there are a few queston marks left, but most of them before, turned out as bandits or pirates. and nothing else. but i am gonna give a couple more a go, to see if a real new quest pops up

*snip*

Are you playing a difficulty setting where you don't die a lot? That might explain it.

Quoting myself now.

so yeah.  Not missed out on any secondary missions other then CARDS, FIST FIGHTS, HORSES. 

i am ok with missing out on them though.

OK. there are a few queston marks left, but most of them before, turned out as bandits or pirates. and nothing else. but i am gonna give a couple more a go, to see if a real new quest pops up

Quite a few quests will disappear if you've progressed past certain points in the game like the quests in Skellige revolving around the king. Zoltan's and Dandylions are some others that come to mind, as well.

Still haven't seen a definitive answer on it but I agree the in game time is not correct.  Mine worked out to be something like 320 hours which based on other commitments would have been impossible to hit in the time frame.

Still haven't seen a definitive answer on it but I agree the in game time is not correct.  Mine worked out to be something like 320 hours which based on other commitments would have been impossible to hit in the time frame.

Interesting. Mine says my play time is 8 days, 7 hours, and 33 minutes, which is right around 200 hours. I have definitely not played anywhere near 200 hours nor do I leave the game running long when I'm not playing. There have been times where I'd leave the game running for 5-10 minutes but not any longer than that. This is for the pc version.

If I had to guess an accurate number I'd say I've actually put around 75 hours into the game.

I also remember that it used to just list hours because at one point it said I had 50 odd hours.

Free dlc for this week:

That Skellige armor set is looking pretty good. Especially the horse armor (the horse is white, too..)

Wow! That armor does look great. How do we claim these DLCs? I don't think I've noticed any of them yet since I've been playing.

I hope they will make the installation process of dlcs on Galaxy easier. On Steam you just check a box. On Galaxy you need to download the exe then "install" it and then you don't even know if the dlc will be updated if there's an update or if you'll need to re-download and re-install again.

you just have to click on more > configure at the game screen and check the DLC you want to enable :)