Complete List of What is in AutoPatcher XP 4.5

just wondering, do ya have to install all the patches, updates or reg tweeks? or do ya get a choise on what 1's ya wana install?

Of course you have a choice. ;) It's displayed as checkboxes, and you can choose what you want to be installed. :)

sweet, sounds good :) well.. ive finished downloading it now. if im able to ill also upload it to my webspace if ya need another mirror.. btw, how much bandwidth does it use on general each month for downloads of it?

sweet, sounds good :) well.. ive finished downloading it now. if im able to ill also upload it to my webspace if ya need another mirror.. btw, how much bandwidth does it use on general each month for downloads of it?

Depends, between 2 GB and 200 GB. :rofl: But if you're willing to be a mirror, the more the better... thanks! Now remember, before runnin' the Jan Update make sure you patch it with the fix here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=135553 (Y)

if im getting close to my bandwidth limit for the month ill have to disable the download for the rest of the month, dont realy wana go over it ;)

hmm gona take a little wile to upload, @ 13k/s take a little wile. will be done in about 4-5 hours

AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Gold (January Update) - Change Log - Final

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Added Popup Warning when Selecting "Remove Windows Messenger".

** Added Confirmation Box when choosing to "Set as Defaults".

** Added /noregchecks switch.

** Cleaned up Code for Added Stability

** Added New DLL file: regobj.dll

** Fixed Bug and Misspellings in AutoRun Menu

** Fixed Mispellings in Database

** Updated all Documentation

** Updated Database Editor to Build 1.0.1.4

** Fixed .Net Install Issue

** Fixed .Net Update Install Issue

** Updated "Turn On Numlock" RegTweak

** Updated "Windows Uptime Tool" to new GUI version.

** Updated "Messenger Plus!" to version 2.5.4

** Updated "MSN Messenger" to version 6.1.0207

** Updated Patched Uxtheme.dll to version 6.0.2800.1129

** Updated IE Spy AD

** Updated "10 Downloads in IE" to "20 Downloads in IE"

** Renamed "WindowsXPMediaPlayer9DVDPack.msi" to "DVDPack.msi"

** Deleted "Install.exe", "Setup.exe", and "Bootstrap.exe"

** Fixed "Must install MSN Messenger 6 to Uninstall Windows Messenger" bug

** Updated File Tree Defaults

** Added "Switches.txt" to Documentation Folder

** 13 New Windows XP Pre-SP2 Critical & Recommended Updates

-- "Q319233: Keypad "=" Key May Not Work on NEC PC98 USB Keyboard"

-- "Q324230: A Domain Driver-Signing Policy Is Not Applied"

-- "Q326119: Event Viewer May Show IrEvents Error 8205 If the Irmon Service Is Stopped"

-- "Q328070: Netmeeting Does Not Disconnect When You Use It Through a Windows XP Firewall"

-- "Q328237: Some Programs Do Not Work As Expected When Large Files Are Opened"

-- "Q329059: Themed Programs May Stop Working During Long Operations"

-- "Q330836: Shortcuts to Mapped Drives on Windows 95 or Windows 98 May Not Work in Windows XP"

-- "Q816736: CD-RW Drive Does Not Eject Blank Media"

-- "Q823291: File List in the Windows Explorer Folder Is Not Refreshed After You Create, Move, or Delete Files"

-- "Q828940: Wireless Client Cannot Reconnect to a Wireless Access Point"

-- "Q829637: Programs That Run Correctly with Windows 2000 Do Not Run Correctly with Window XP"

-- "Q833330: Blaster Virus Patch"

--"Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Connection 5.2 Update"

** 06 Optional (and Bonus) Programs & Features

-- "Device Manager Shortcut to All Programs Menu"

-- "Desktop Icon Restore Tool"

-- "Windows Media Player Classic version 6.4.7.5"

-- "Microsoft Virtual CD Tool"

--"Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 1.2"

--"MSXML 3.0 SP4 Update"

** 05 New RegTweaks

-- "Add Administrative Tools to Control Panel"

-- "Enable Boot Optimization"

-- "Place My Computer, My Docs, Etc on Desktop"

-- "Add Encrypt to Right Click Menu"

-- "Disable Bad DNS Caching in IE"

** 01 Windows Media Player Update

-- "Windows Media Player 9 Update (Build 3093)"

** 01 Microsoft Data Access Components Update

-- "FIX: Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code execution"

** Updated Executable Version to 4.2.32

The first page of the thread lists all of the contents of the Dec edition. The above cut n paste from another AP thread is the Jan append. Not many new reg tweaks from dec to jan.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers m8. This a fantastic program to have, but ive got one question if anyone can help. Does the autopatcher include service pack 1.

Hope someone can help by tomorrow, because im getting a new graphics card, and im doing windows.

Thx

nopers, AutoPatcher does not include any Service Pack... neither SP1 nor SP1a... we thought most of you (if not everyone) will have it slipstreamed in the Windows Installation by now :p

/Raptor

Thanks a million for the fabulous job! Installation finished without a glitch. However, when I checked Windows Updates, I got this critical update:

Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)

I don't know whether I need to install it on my home PC.

Best,

Kajouma

MSDAC aint a critical update so you dont *need* to install it... however, if you wanna have a totally updated PC, then download it... we'll gotta check out why it wasnt installed with AutoPatcher...

/Raptor

Thanks a lot Raptor for the prompt (informative) response. Another (small) question is I didn't have any compatibilty problem with the original release of the AutoPatcher, do I need to use your 'cleaned up' .exe file?

Best and thanks again! :D

Kajouma

Thanks a lot Raptor for the prompt (informative) response. Another (small) question is I didn't have any compatibilty problem with the original release of the AutoPatcher, do I need to use your 'cleaned up' .exe file?

Best and thanks again! :D

Kajouma

Nope, you won't need it... if you wait, it'll just be integrated into the next release anyways. :)

lol... we will never ever include any spyware or such... i believe i have said this a million times around these threads :)

hehe, i remember a whole discussion wether we should include it or not (because of the spyware/adware it contained)... since we found a way to install it without the junk, we decided to include it :)