Complete List of What is in AutoPatcher XP 4.5

Oh, what the new sounds like. Great app guys. Downloading the latest version now because my dads XP laptop (I'm running 2K on this slow crappy PC) has never run Windows Update lol (he never goes on the net with it). The funny thing was, you know you buy Laptops or PC's with preinstalled windows (OEM) well I thought the Laptop had SP1A preinstalled. Check again about a year later, my bad IMO it's not there LOL. So I got to download SP1A for his laptop. Good job I got broadband, lucky my Dad goes on the Inet with his normal PC and not the Laptop, but still his PC is rather out of date. This is a true time saver of an app, what you going to do when SP2 comes out? I suppose it would be easy to make the first post SP2 build LOL. Great app guys.

Oh, what the new sounds like. Great app guys. Downloading the latest version now because my dads XP laptop (I'm running 2K on this slow crappy PC) has never run Windows Update lol (he never goes on the net with it). The funny thing was, you know you buy Laptops or PC's with preinstalled windows (OEM) well I thought the Laptop had SP1A preinstalled. Check again about a year later, my bad IMO it's not there LOL. So I got to download SP1A for his laptop. Good job I got broadband, lucky my Dad goes on the Inet with his normal PC and not the Laptop, but still his PC is rather out of date. This is a true time saver of an app, what you going to do when SP2 comes out? I suppose it would be easy to make the first post SP2 build LOL. Great app guys.

Thanks! :) And yep, the first APXP after SP2 is released will be pretty bare, but if Microsoft is how they always are, it won't be empty for long! :rofl:

Thanks! :) And yep, the first APXP after SP2 is released will be pretty bare, but if Microsoft is how they always are, it won't be empty for long! :rofl:

True that :pinch: :rofl:

ewww... im back from the 5-day trip! and wow... my primary pc's cpu is dead so i had to turn the house upside down in order to get on Internet... jeezz...

AP for SP2 will still feature some of the bonus stuff :) i'll have to recover the AP source from my primary hdd... damn, i hate when pcs just die... :(

LOL. Well I got around to installing Auto Patcher on my Dad's PC. It's a lot more secure now :).

After that I did the same on my dads laptop, but before that I had to install SP1A.

This app is truely awsome, imagne me installing like 36 patches all manualy as well as all the other stuff thats comes with the app. It wouldn't happen.

Such a great app guys. M$ should make this offcial because it renders Windows Update useless for me LOL.

bucko, thanks for your comments and support... really, we dont think windows update is useless... its there for a reason. but when you need to update many coputers, or computers with no/slow internet connection, windows update is not a choice... we made autopatcher with that in mind

• 3 weeks later...

:( You guys aware that Autopatcher XP March 2004 crashes on systems with the Windows debugger installed (and operational)? I tried it on about 20 different machines, all with a clean XPSP1 installed, all on the Microsoft-provided windows debugger. The crash occurs just after running autopatcher itself, before it gives you any EULA, etc... It's a 1st chance exception, I believe, and there was no way to blow past the bad code (meaning "g" past it). The problem doesn't occur if you're off the debugger (if it's not connected).

:( You guys aware that Autopatcher XP March 2004 crashes on systems with the Windows debugger installed (and operational)? I tried it on about 20 different machines, all with a clean XPSP1 installed, all on the Microsoft-provided windows debugger. The crash occurs just after running autopatcher itself, before it gives you any EULA, etc... It's a 1st chance exception, I believe, and there was no way to blow past the bad code (meaning "g" past it). The problem doesn't occur if you're off the debugger (if it's not connected).

Really? :s I'll have Raptor take a look at that... I think you're the first to discover this.

If you need any additional details from me, please let me know. The latest version of the Windows debugger is 6.3.14 (internally), but I don't think they've made any kind of remarkable changes in the debugger itself which would cause this fault. I'll try and use the autopatcher switches today to see if I can weasle a way around the naughty code.

I see where AutopatcherXP detects what updates have been updated from its own previous updates but how about also checking the registry for current updates already installed via the conventional method - Windows Update? It'd make updating computers a lot easier on a network, especially the first time - as opposed to installing all the updates on all the machines.

If this is already done and I've missed it go easy on me, I'm passing this request along for one of my forum members (I've been bad and didn't update with the Autopatcher this month).

Thanks.

lol No problem. Yes, AutoPatcher does scan the registry now and detect previously installed hotfixes. In fact, it asks you in the current release in a checkbox before starting, which you can enable or disable. Observe:

Logs.jpg

Any detected hotfixes will be deselected and the color will be changed from black to blue to show it's been deselected by the scan. (Y)

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm glad I prefaced my question with the fact that I didn't try this month's update yet. I know you guys have always improved each release with new features and was almost certain it would make it there sooner or later. Good job. Now I'll go look for a computer to "play with" and update :laugh:

Cool man, let us know how you like it. So far, there's only a couple minor changes coming to the exe, hopefully nothing too noticable (little things that bugged me though). The March release is the most stable and error free release to date... by far, actually. The extra week of Beta testing really did help. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the patches 835732 and 823980 amongst the crtitical items list of windows xp autopatcher. Where are these items?

Edited by isko

I haven't seen the patches 835732 and 823980 amongst the crtitical items list of windows xp autopatcher. Where are these items?

I think they were discovered after march update, anyway please include them and release another Autopatcher ASAP, 835732 is very important.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, wish I'd read this thread before. I've been trying to make up a complete CD of everything I use. Could have saved myself downloading the .net framework, shockwave, and java on dial up. lol I even wasted time downloading a java runtime 1.4.2_03 thats older than the one included in AutopatcherXP. Not sure how I did that? lol

Its an amazing amount of programs/fixes to keep track of, kudos!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...