Facebook Home gets SMACKDOWN from irate users

Facebook just don't seem capable of doing good Android software.

This.

It nearly always has issues, like the horrid loading speed on the normal Facebook app.

I think this is would be huge failure for Facebook. FB is starting to feel more and more like MySpace.

QFT. I remember how clean and simple it was at its inception and how I greatly preferred it over MySpace, because it was fast, easy on the eyes, unbloated, and very simple/intuitive to use. Now it's just a mess. I have greatly decreased the amount I use it in the last three years or so as its gotten more and more complicated and resource-intensive and intrusive.

I've now started getting little circles appearing on screen, above other running apps when I get a message on Facebook... I can see this getting rather annoying, especially if other apps start notifying you both in the notification tray and with some random pop-up on screen.

Actually this is the one thing I kept enabled, I love it. Those circles would be contact picture with number of messages badge on the icon. And it's not just fb messages, it's sms as well. Superimposes over current app as does message thread if you click the notification. You can remove it by dragging the notification to the bottom of the screen. Never have to open app to message or lose place in current apps.

This to me, is fantastic.

I thought home was well done but did not like the constant feed of personal info, plus I just don't facebook enough. For those that do, and there are a lot, I would imagine they're quite happy with it.

This.

It nearly always has issues, like the horrid loading speed on the normal Facebook app.

I keep reading this on Neowin, but I think the Android and iOS apps are excellent and I love the true timeline view. It's superfast on my HTC One X+ and iPhone 4. The WP app is actually slow and buggy and does not compare; but I'm sure that's a matter of personal taste.