[msstyles] Kaliber

Nice VS. I'd like to see some minor improvements:

- status bar in light color (make the horizontal scollbar confusing)

- column headings in windows explorer (detailed view) are not well distinguished enough

- mouseover effect on taskbar is nearly invisible. A slight 3D effect would be nice

- taskbar: current task is too flat, only the background color is changed. Add 3D effect like what you have done for the scroll bar or the windows close button (X on top right of window).

- menu: use same font than the one you use for dialog box or tab labels.

- personally, I prefer normal font for status bar and start menu. But it's OK to leave them bold.

- disabled button: the text is not very readable (not enough contrast)

I'm sure the next version will be great.

ummm why not just mod it for yourself :rolleyes:

Nice VS. I'd like to see some minor improvements:

- status bar in light color (make the horizontal scollbar confusing)

- column headings in windows explorer (detailed view) are not well distinguished enough

- mouseover effect on taskbar is nearly invisible. A slight 3D effect would be nice

- taskbar: current task is too flat, only the background color is changed. Add 3D effect like what you have done for the scroll bar or the windows close button (X on top right of window).

- menu: use same font than the one you use for dialog box or tab labels.

- personally, I prefer normal font for status bar and start menu. But it's OK to leave them bold.

- disabled button: the text is not very readable (not enough contrast)

I'm sure the next version will be great.

ummm why not just mod it for yourself :rolleyes:

*DING DING DING* Dark Vageta has correctedly told a n00b what to do, tell him what he's won Franswa!!

lmao

*DING DING DING* Dark Vageta has correctedly told a n00b what to do, tell him what he's won Franswa!!

lmao

:rolleyes:

he was just making some suggestions to improve the theme based on his opinion..

i agree, it was a tad picky and way too subjective to take into consideration, but still, dont mock the man for giving his opinion..

booya

I also think the taskbar selected color is a bit odd, along with the button colors. Also, the text on items in the start menu doesn't stand out enough...everything's too gray (I'm using the Despair variation). And, overall a bit too dark for my tastes.

All in all, a fairly good theme, and a lot better than many themers can do...but it doesn't feel as polished as Classix, and it's definitely not as easy to use. I guess I'll continue to use C10k2 for now :)

xcession: bug fixed, same link as the first post

To all: sorry about the colors but Im not going to change them, they were taken from k10k and since the k10k and the kaliber themes line is a tribute to the site I need to keep the original colors, you are very free to modify the theme for personal use.

Dark Vageta and elw3irdo,

Did you spent some time to review the VS? I submitted some opinions, admittedly some are subjective. At the very last I've tried to be contructive. Sorry if it didn't sound obvious enough to you. I actually only contribute comments to the few VS I like.

Let's say the author received 100 posts saying "OK, that's great". Of course it is good but that gives fewer opportunity for possible improvement. I don't know who between us 3 helps the author more.

If Saint Dark feel offended by my remark, then I apologize. Please let me know and I'll ask the moderator to delete the former post.

Dark Vageta and elw3irdo,

Did you spent some time to review the VS? I submitted some opinions, admittedly some are subjective. At the very last I've tried to be contructive. Sorry if it didn't sound obvious enough to you. I actually only contribute comments to the few VS I like.

Let's say the author received 100 posts saying "OK, that's great". Of course it is good but that gives fewer opportunity for possible improvement. I don't know who between us 3 helps the author more.

If Saint Dark feel offended by my remark, then I apologize. Please let me know and I'll ask the moderator to delete the former post.

dont worry, your post didnt offend me and I agree with you in some points, the fact is that I really cant change the color shades and theme structure since this theme is a tribute

• 4 weeks later...

anyone know how to fix this font problem in vs.net (without changing to a different theme)?

post-36-1070998681.png