No it's for the life of the game, think it gives you 3 map/weapon packs in total. Saves you a small amount from purchasing separately. Of course this will be on top of the free updates that should also be coming. 

I'm really loving the game, so I think I'll be picking it up. I managed to use a bunch of vouchers on the game itself so only paid ?26 for the game. 

That's pretty decent. I was thinking for the year was a good price!

I managed to pick the game up for ?30 so that's a great price.

Man, this game is SO much fun. But I often suffer from random disconnects during games and it's bugging the hell out of me :(

Will be buying the season pass for sure.

my favorite one is the guy who says he joined the Militia because his dad was in the IMC and he doesn't like his dad that much. In the video posted above its at the 1:02 mark. 

• Like 1

So what's so good about Titanfall anyway? Am I missing something?

Its great fun, I personally haven't bought it but I played the beta and now my friends copy over a few days and I intend on getting it when the price drops. It is multiplayer only so I'm looking for ~$30 but yes it is great fun.

side note: Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare is awesome! You guys really should check that out. & BF4 Naval Strike likely next next! So much shooter action, so much EA. All enjoyable.

Titanfall Adding 4K Support on PC

And the resolution winner is...

by Dustin J. Seibert
March 20, 2014

It looks like the PC version of Titanfall will end up the undisputed winner of the resolution battle by a wide margin, as Nvidia is collaborating with developer Respawn Entertainment to make the PC version 4K-compatible.

Nvidia announced the arrangement today, which includes plans to add support for temporal anti-aliasing (TXAA), a technique that reduces the crawling and flickering effects seen in many games. It will also work to add Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion+ (HBAO+), designed to add more detailed and realistic shadows around objects in the game.

All that tech speak essentially amounts to a game that will look absolutely gorgeous when played on high-end machines.

Titanfall was released March 11 on PC and Xbox One. The Xbox 360 version was met with another delay this week as its developer, Bluepoint Games, is apparently working to get the game as close to the quality of its higher-powered peers as possible.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/titanfall-adding-4k-support-on-pc?abthid=532b2490ec34b7cd7b000021

what ive been finding in my 4k gaming experience is that games usually only support rendering at 2560x1600, but upscale to 3840x2160. I cant confirm this, but that's my theory. So Titanfall adding real 4k support will certainly be interesting.

Please - it looks gorgeous merely at 1080p now.

PC Gamer US took it for a spin on their silly-end Large Pixel Collider - they have an MPEG4 vidcap of some of the results on their site.

One issue I have found with watching 1080p video from YouTube (either on the site itself or downloaded from there) is the effect of lossy compression  - not blaming Google; it's part of the penalty phase of video hosting for the masses.  Therefore, download the MPEG-4 directly from PC Gamer - not YouTube.

As far as i know it actually is. The biggest games i have on my PC take in the 25GB. And we are talking about MMOs here with big world and lot of content. Most of the AAA games installed on my PC takes around 15GB and they look as good and even better than Titanfall. As far as the sound effects go Titanfall did not sound any better than the other games to me.

Battlefield 4 is 30-35GB. 

Max Payne 3, Rage, The Secret World and BF4 are all around 35GB.  Dunno about Elder Scrolls Onlines final ver, but it was pretty close.

I want to know what they're doing next, but I gotta say so far I'd rather just keep playing the campaign mode than any of the other modes (even knowing the other ones have more maps.)

First off, it's MP-only - that is typically indie turf (Nexuiz, for example).  When was the last MP-only shooter from a major developer OR publisher?  (In fact, has there been one?)

Never played Counter-Strike eh?

Never played Counter-Strike eh?

Also Ghost Recon Online which is frankly more y playstyle than all these rush and shoot games, more realistic to since you don't rush, run and jump like an idiot, but try to avoid getting shot :p

I got the zone Titanfall Edition and downloaded it and I'm still on the tutorial. I can't master wall walking lol.

I got the zone Titanfall Edition and downloaded it and I'm still on the tutorial. I can't master wall walking lol.

keep practicing and you will master wall walking in no time.

Almost every time I leave the building, I get shot... lol

The matchmaking in Titanfall is truly perhaps the worst in any game I've ever played. Does it even exist? I played one CTF game today where my team capped it three times (the limit in a half) within about a minute and a half. Then I just quit out of a game where it was me and five low-ranked players (rank 15 or less) against a team of generation 6 players. The other team had about 20 kills each, whereas my teammates had about 2 kills a piece, if that. What the hell kind of balance is that?

The matchmaking in Titanfall is truly perhaps the worst in any game I've ever played. Does it even exist? I played one CTF game today where my team capped it three times (the limit in a half) within about a minute and a half. Then I just quit out of a game where it was me and five low-ranked players (rank 15 or less) against a team of generation 6 players. The other team had about 20 kills each, whereas my teammates had about 2 kills a piece, if that. What the hell kind of balance is that?

I only saw anything like that on the first day I had the game.  Weird.

I only saw anything like that on the first day I had the game.  Weird.

Are you on Xbox One? Because it's like that 24/7 for me. Teams are never balanced.

Are you on Xbox One? Because it's like that 24/7 for me. Teams are never balanced.

They're apparently rolling out a patch this weekend that contains a ton of balancing fixes so hopefully that helps (saw it on major nelsons twitter).

They're apparently rolling out a patch this weekend that contains a ton of balancing fixes so hopefully that helps (saw it on major nelsons twitter).

I don't think it has any matchmaking fixes, based on the patch notes. They have said they're aware of the issue and will fix it, however.

I am on Xbox One and I haven't had any matchmaking issues. I am matched with people that are multiple gens and ones that are just new to Titanfall. However, the games are never one sided. I have beat multiple gen people, they have beat me, i have beat new entrants, and they have beat me.

I don't know if Xbox One has Truskill matchmaking like Xbox 360 does, or if TF has their own system.