Nokia told to adopt Android before it

Nokia is done. Windows Phone is dead in the water and will never reach any relevant marketshare.. 

Next couple of years you'll see Nokia in bankruptcy waters. 

I think anyone who can do math and read can see it by now.

How does a steady increase in market share and financial results indicate that?

Take away all that junk and you still have a platform growing more rapidly than WP. Like I said before, WP has potential but it is not there yet. And all the OEMs profiting from Android do not make junk, they are actually good/solid high end devices.

Other than the One and the S4, they're junk. They slow down astronomically and run like a dog after months of general use. 6 months into owning my 920, its still running as smooth as when I since bought it. 

I'm pretty sure Nokia have their own analysts for such business decisions. Only time will tell what happens though.

Take away all that junk and you still have a platform growing more rapidly than WP. Like I said before, WP has potential but it is not there yet. And all the OEMs profiting from Android do not make junk, they are actually good/solid high end devices.

Except that Windows Phone is the fastest grower right now...

Nokia is done. Windows Phone is dead in the water and will never reach any relevant marketshare.. 

Next couple of years you'll see Nokia in bankruptcy waters. 

I think anyone who can do math and read can see it by now.

Anyone who can do math should know that if a company now joins Android, they are doomed. Analysts who say that companies should have used Android over their solution are just dumb, they act like Android is garantue success, which isn't true, in fact, the only ones that actualy has some profit of it is Samsung and Google with thanks to its ads and services. HTC, Sony, etc., they don't get anything and only lose more and more.

I really hope they never do. Android is nice and all but it's not for Lumias.

I have had an iPhone and I currently own an android (Galaxy S4) but I really want to move to Windows Phone, however the apps let it down.

When more apps start appearing (official, no 3rd party apps) I will make the switch. :)

Except that Windows Phone is the fastest grower right now...

According to the latest survey, in the US WP is down .2 and Android is up .7. Depends on how much stock you put in those surveys. But that wasnt the point of my argument.

Other than the One and the S4, they're junk. They slow down astronomically and run like a dog after months of general use. 6 months into owning my 920, its still running as smooth as when I since bought it.

Funny. I know several with the Nexus 4, S3 and S2. They never reported this problem and I have no issues on my GNEX. Even before I rooted it which was a couple months after I got the phone. Hell, I even know someone with an HTC incredible not having this issue. So not really sure what you are talking about.

It seems it would make sense for Nokia to diversify, if only to spread the risk a bit. Their share price five years ago was over ?25. Now it's ?3.

I would advise them to keep going how they are, I have a Lumia device and it is Very well made and very nicely priced, they are doing great things for themselves and helping alone the fledgling Windows Phone OS.

According to the latest survey, in the US WP is down .2 and Android is up .7. Depends on how much stock you put in those surveys. But that wasnt the point of my argument.

Funny. I know several with the Nexus 4, S3 and S2. They never reported this problem and I have no issues on my GNEX. Even before I rooted it which was a couple months after I got the phone. Hell, I even know someone with an HTC incredible not having this issue. So not really sure what you are talking about.

Because no-one can have personal experiences which differ from yours. I owned an S2 and it had AWFUL slow-down, especially compared to my iPhone 4 at the time. There's slow down on all Android phones I've owned bar the recent high spec ones and they have 4 cores.

If this guy is an analyst then he should also do some analysis against the Android market and see that Android is not a moneymaking market for all phone manufacturers. HTC bombarded the market with android phones and ended up in trouble, on the other hand Samsung has done the same and they are making a huge profit. If Nokia moved to Android then they will need to spend a lot of time on R&D, new skillset and designs. Then go head to head with Samsung. Once again lets put HTC vs. Samsung; The HTC One looks great but is doing worse than the S3. Why? Consumers like the Samsung brand best.

Whoa I think you're overthinking this.  Android doesn;t need R&D...you just slap it in there and its good to graphics.  I think this 3 step process of this analysts model should make everything clear:

Phase 1 - Throw everything out the window and just slap android on your handsets

Phase 2 - ??

Phase 3 - Profit $$