Oh no England won.........

You cant blame the press for going mad. The poms havent won any sport of international merit for 20 - 30 years, so i dont blame them for going a little bonkers.

It was a great match, its a pity that they won thats all :D

haha.... i like that first comment :p

let us have our moment in the sun. just remember how small a nation we are and the probablity of good players in the population compared to you lot.

im just loving the fact that all the auzzie press was doing pure pom-bashing.

showed you :p

(btw - australia played well as usual)

Imagine you english shared a television network with the French.. and every time the french played any sport it was waved about on all the tv channels and all the tv shows. And imagine every time football was mentioned all you heard was "bla blah blah remember when we won the world cup". And imagine every time your country was playing or doing anything it was basically ignored by this shared media network.

Edit: And imagine that everytime you complained about it, the French just said you were bitter....

Thats what Scotland get stuck with.

And it sucks.

Imagine you english shared a television network with the French.. and every time the french played any sport it was waved about on all the tv channels and all the tv shows.  And imagine every time football was mentioned all you heard was "bla blah blah remember when we won the world cup".  And imagine every time your country was playing or doing anything it was basically ignored by this shared media network.

And it sucks.

England win the rugby world cup and all you can do is whine about your pathetic trivial problems. Grow up! :woot: Get Sky digital if it bothers you THAT much!

Because they ban all talk of England on Sky Digital? Wow.. if only id realised sooner.

So you never want to hear about our great country again? Goto the moon then, you'll only be safe there! Well for about a 100 years or so....

Imagine you english shared a television network with the French.. and every time the french played any sport it was waved about on all the tv channels and all the tv shows. And imagine every time football was mentioned all you heard was "bla blah blah remember when we won the world cup". And imagine every time your country was playing or doing anything it was basically ignored by this shared media network.

Edit: And imagine that everytime you complained about it, the French just said you were bitter....

And it sucks.

Sounds 2 me, that being a Scot Sucks! :happy: :laugh:

...Especially if you're a Football fan as well!... :pinch:

heh :p

All I was trying to say is that Sky Digital is not regionalised, so you won't get all the local English news if you don't want it. And he goes and posts some drivel about never wanting to hear about England on the TV again.

Played England. The Aussie whingers did nothing but slag our team off, but they knew they'd have the last laugh. How very sweet that Wilko should clinch it. Bow down before the World Champions - they well and truly 0wn.

I won't begrudge England their terriffic win, but they want to hope Wilkinson can play forever.. a team where one player scores most of their points every match has the biggest achiles heel there could be. England scored 3 tries the whole world cup, the other 100+ points came from the one kicker... still it was a damn fine game

Well done England.. a national team to be proud of! :)

The whole Scotland / England thing frustrates me so much.. you know that English fans ALWAYS follow & support the Scottish and Welsh teams when they play in games like football. Why the hell can't the opposite ever be said. Very sad imho.

its sad really. They're passionatly nationalistic when it comes to things like sport... uni fees. But when it comes to tax revenue, $$$ for scottish parliaments....

The whole Scotland / England thing frustrates me so much.. you know that English fans ALWAYS follow & support the Scottish and Welsh teams when they play in games like football. Why the hell can't the opposite ever be said. Very sad imho.

I agree! I watched both Scotland's matches against Holland, and cheered them on throughout, i even showed EMOTION when we / they scored in Scotland. I was quite gutted when they both went out...

But now they are out, you can just line 'em up in the Cannon Fodder shooting Range :laugh: :happy: :pinch:

Yep, i'm English but i still support the other home nations of Scotland and Wales, yet they want to see us destroyed, we're all brits why can't we all support each other, and not just us English, very sad indeed. We won not just for England, but for the whole Northern Hemisphere, the first Northern Hemisphere team to win the rugby world cup.

haha.... i like that first comment :p

let us have our moment in the sun.  just remember how small a nation we are and the probablity of good players in the population compared to you lot.

im just loving the fact that all the auzzie press was doing pure pom-bashing.

showed you :p

(btw - australia played well as usual)

haha that made me crack up!

England has what is it 50 million or something and came 1st.

New Zealand has 4 million and we came 3rd!!

but who cares, well done England for winning and finally making it hard for Gregan to find words to make the Australian team sound the best